PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket oil tanks?...

TIGER72
11-26-2003, 11:14 PM
do the larger after market 400ex oil tanks really help your engine run cooler? what brand is good as far as fit, quality, ect. ect? any opinions on this?

yellowrider
11-27-2003, 07:22 AM
i had an oil tank i had pretty good experience with them for the 3 weeks i had it..

my 4 wheeler broke and they said it be a good idea to tank the aftermarket off and put the stock pipe back on ... so i did and i sold them both cause it was a lot of trouble do all that stuff.. another 3 years i will get a new oil tank and a pipe.

but fit and finish was real good just bolted right up ddint have to undue my headers or anything. as far as cooling i couldnt really tell .. the motor still felt hot.. lol

but i ride mine all day long with out shutting it off... so im sure it help a little.

go ahead and get another one.~~! and dont be hard headed like i was .. and trying to be tight with your money ..

cals400ex
11-27-2003, 01:26 PM
the oil tanks don't lower the temp much. they mainly hold an extra quart of oil. the oil coolers are suppose to cool the bike down a bit though.

wgbanks
11-28-2003, 07:46 PM
These guys make a great oil tank. I have one... it fits great and works well. Their web site is still in work but they have stuff on eBay all the time. http://www.se7enracing.com/

stupid driver
11-28-2003, 09:41 PM
they really help a motor out imo. The average temp for mine has been right around 12 degrees, and that is comparring my 425(they are known to run hot) with the new tank to when it was running the stock tank. The guage doesnt budge once the quad is warmed up