PDA

View Full Version : powdercoating gun

Diedrich
11-26-2003, 10:07 PM
hey i was wondering if the starter gun from columbia coatings is any good? i just want something to get started powdercoating with..do some of my stuff and try to make a lil money...but if its a piece of crap then im not gonna get it

K_Fulk
11-26-2003, 10:19 PM
The only thing i dont like about them is i cant get all the black out. And every color i do has some black specs in it.

Woodsrider
11-27-2003, 12:47 PM
I have that gun too and I don't even use it any more, accept for blowing Hi-temp powders that are silicone based. Like K_Fulk said its a ****** to clean. It also wastes an arse load of powder compared to the hot coat Pro1100. If I was to reccomend a starter gun I would say buy the hot coat hobby gun. Then once your hooked and makin' money, buy the Pro1100. You'll wonder why you didnt buy it in the first place;)

sparks400
11-27-2003, 05:14 PM
do yall have ovens for the stuff u powdercoat with the starter gun for columbia?

Diedrich
11-27-2003, 10:04 PM
so yall think i should just go ahead and get thea better gun? i dont wanna spend alot for my first gun but i dont want something thats gonna be a pain or i wanna get rid of after a month

K_Fulk
11-28-2003, 12:01 AM
I bought a oven at the thrift store for 20 bucks works ok for what i do. Give the hotcoat gun from eastwood a try it might be a lil better.

Diedrich
11-28-2003, 10:54 PM
i think thats what ima get...what kind of ovens do yall have? i was just gonna get a kitchen oven at first to do small things..but i wanna do frames to so i'll need something bigger..are them heat lamps or whatever they sell any good?