PDA

View Full Version : powercoating question...

hondarider2006
11-26-2003, 08:08 PM
well I was thinking about getting my frame powercoated....and I was thinking about a glow-in-the-dark color? I think a red would look pretty sweet, riding around in the dark with no lights on...a glowing red would look pretty sweet:D

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-28-2003, 12:22 PM
I looked into doing this a 1 or 2 ago and the only thing I was not impressed about was in the light it would look like a pastel.

danney f
11-30-2003, 12:56 AM
I'm playing around with some photo-luminescent pigments that I have been getting decent results with. But just not completely satisfied with it yet.

hondarider2006
11-30-2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the replys you guys! I was just wonderin if there even was a glow-in-the-dark powercoat....If there was, I was thinkin about going with all black plastics, and a glow in the dark red frame/subframe:cool:

Anymore ideas on what else would look good? Thanks
-Nick-

Pappy
11-30-2003, 05:38 PM
the neon colors DO NOT hold up well to atv use. they (as stated) tend to get chalky when exposed to uv light even when cleared

danney f
11-30-2003, 05:56 PM
I don't care too much for the "neon" colors. I've been using a glow in the dark pigment that I add to the clear, than apply over a white base. Looks white during the day, but glows Aqua at night just like the plastic stars my kids stick on there ceiling.