PDA

View Full Version : Computer Help - blue screen of death

hondafox440
11-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I'm getting this error when trying to boot my other PC up. It was working fine, then I moved it into anothe rroom temporarily, and when i brought it back and went to boot it up all hell broke loose. Basically what happens is it says "Windows has had a serous error preventing it from starting up", and tells me to choose to boot it up normally, with the last good settings, or in safe mode. Regardless of which option I choose, I get the blue screen of death with an "Unmountable Boot Volume" error and it tells me to check my hardware and reboot. All my drives are recognized by BIOS however. Here is the Microsoft Knowledge Base link to the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297185 What is a windows startup disc and how do I make one? The PC will not boot from the Windows XP Pro disc if I put it in the CDROM drive and tell it to boot from it. Just gets stuck on the "Press any key to boot ffrom CD..." screen. Any Ideas? The comp is running XP Pro and was working fine up untill this point.

MOFO
11-26-2003, 08:06 PM
sounds like your hard drive crapped out during the move. Did you happen to drop or smack your PC around by accident when you moved it?

as a last resort, I would open the PC up and re-seat all of the cables.

stepupmx
11-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Whooa bill, im suprised your asking for computer help :eek2:

hondafox440
11-26-2003, 09:28 PM
yea, tried checking cables... reinstalling windows, using onscreen keyboard on server now

hondafox440
11-26-2003, 10:59 PM
Meh, I ended up using a Recovery disk and formatting the C drive. Lost all my crap, but the comp works again.

11-26-2003, 11:06 PM
i had some virus on mine tonight, it goes uh oh and my cd tray openend and said you need spyware removal ****, i think i got it off with norton knock on wood

press
11-27-2003, 09:09 AM
try getting rsudio ntfs is is prety good about getting your stuff back is great before u format but it is still good after

toby400ex
12-27-2003, 01:28 AM
my computer is just one big crappy virus house

LazeR
12-27-2003, 01:36 AM
guess im to late.....i was gonna suggest going to www.bootdisk.com and downloading the bootdisk files for your O/S and try that....

toby400ex
12-27-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by LazeR
guess im to late.....i was gonna suggest going to www.bootdisk.com and downloading the bootdisk files for your O/S and try that.... On the other hand i was not too late