PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic clutch ???????

PATTE440
11-26-2003, 06:21 PM
i have a 440ex with a hydraulic clutch from magura and i have been having trouble with the clutches slipping a lot and i was wondering if any one else had that trouble and what they did to fix it.

11-26-2003, 06:33 PM
sound slike air in the hose maybe....I heard it is really difficult to get the bubble sout of that small hose...thats why I havent gotten one. Good luck, :)

PATTE440
11-26-2003, 06:37 PM
I have the bleed kit and bled it more then once and there is no air in the line. when i let out the clutch lever i can still manualy mover the clutch arm back more so i think MAYBE the springs are shot but i was wonder if any one else had that prob.

pnut420
11-26-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by PATTE440
I have the bleed kit and bled it more then once and there is no air in the line. when i let out the clutch lever i can still manualy mover the clutch arm back more so i think MAYBE the springs are shot but i was wonder if any one else had that prob.

Yeah sounds like the springs are shot for surte. I just installed the magura on my brothers and it has as much pull as the stock assembly, and no way can I pull the clutch arm manually and I have stock springs. Make sure you have the magura adjusted back far enoughso its gets the most pull. I cant say enough good things about the Magura so far, it makes it more than twice as easy to pull, way better than I expected.

K_Fulk
11-26-2003, 07:34 PM
I tightend mine up too much this fall and it slipped bad after i loosend it up it was fine.

PATTE440
11-26-2003, 07:35 PM
i cant disengage it by hand but after i let out the clutch lever i can move the arm the engage way. and it is not to tight i can still pull out the rod on the slave cylinder a lil bit more

pnut420
11-26-2003, 08:24 PM
i cant disengage it by hand but after i let out the clutch lever i can move the arm the engage way. and it is not to tight i can still pull out the rod on the slave cylinder a lil bit more

Yours is adjusted just like mine then. I can move the arm the engage way but it soon as it starts to engage it is to stiff(Once it pulls the clutch springs). If it is slipping it might be about time for a new clutch or you might have broke a clutch spring or bolt, 3 of my bolts are aftermarket cause I broke the stock ones.

PATTE440
11-27-2003, 11:45 AM
the clutches have only two XC races and one ride at the badlands. I have the barnett springs in it. i guess im gonna have to take her apart and see whats going on.

pnut420
11-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Well my brother is at Pismo and just called me saying that his clutch is slipping and it is not engaging all the way, I told him to adjust so it disengages it as much as it can, and that didnt seem to do the trick, they said it seems like it is disengaging to slow and slipping.
Sucks for him.

PATTE440
11-27-2003, 03:09 PM
yes i feel his pain my does that too but every now and again it works im about ready to buy a perch and lever and cable for it but i dont want to lose the EASY PULLIN

pnut420
11-27-2003, 05:29 PM
yes i feel his pain my does that too but every now and again it works im about ready to buy a perch and lever and cable for it but i dont want to lose the EASY PULLIN

I think what happened was when we installed the Magura I tisted the clutch arm to much and might have broke the sping at the bottom of the arm, it will disengage, but it will not engage all the way because the spring isnt pulling it back far enough, I dont think it is the Magura that is causing the trouble. The springs are britle and when you mess with them they break really easy, mine broke on my quad when I replaced another part on the clutch. Maybe you are having the same problem.

PATTE440
11-27-2003, 09:22 PM
well i broke down and took it apart and found out that the spring on the bottom of the arm was broke and that 3 out of the 5 clutch springs were bent and not as long as the other 2 :mad: . so im gonna buy new springs and clutches that way i know it will not fail shortly. thanks for every ones help:D :

stupid driver
11-27-2003, 09:34 PM
hey, shoot me a pm when you get it back together, i am lookin into buyin one, but i havnt heard much about them yet.

pnut420
11-27-2003, 09:35 PM
well i broke down and took it apart and found out that the spring on the bottom of the arm was broke and that 3 out of the 5 clutch springs were bent and not as long as the other 2 :mad: . so im gonna buy new springs and clutches that way i know it will not fail shortly. thanks for every ones help:D :

I think we might have messed them up when we installed the Magura, I think I pulled the spring back to far. I also had those springs break on my quad with no Magura so I guess you never know, I cant wait to fix it tomarrow.

pnut420
11-28-2003, 06:34 PM
I guess the part that the arm pulls on that pulls the clutch out broke, it happened to mine also, when my brother went to Pismo the mounting screw for the Magura backed out and he didnt notice that, so looks like it bent the rod in the Magura and I get to order a new one and bled the whole ****ing thing now. Im getting sick of working on someone elses quad!