Red light, green light.
The corner store.
Hopscotch, butterscotch, doubledutch,
Jacks, kickball, dodgeball.
Mother May I...
Red Rover and Roly Poly.
Hula Hoops.
Running through the sprinkler.
An ice cream cone on a warm summer night...
Chocolate or vanilla or strawberry or
maybe butter pecan.

Wait...

Watching Saturday Morning cartoons.
Short commercials.
Fat Albert, Road Runner, The Three Stooges, and Bugs.

Or back further...
When around the corner seemed far away,
And going downtown seemed like going somewhere.
Cops and Robbers, Cowboys and Indians, Zorro.
Climbing trees, building igloos out of snow banks
Running till you were out of breath.
Laughing so hard that your stomach hurt.
Jumping on the bed.
Pillow fights.
Spinning around, getting dizzy, and falling down...
Being tired from playing...Remember that?
The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
War was a card game.
Water balloons were the ultimate weapon.
Baseball cards in the spokes transformed any bike
into a motorcycle.

I'm not finished just yet..
When you'd reach into a muddy gutter for a penny.
When you got your windshield cleaned, oil checked,
and gas pumped without asking, for free, every time...
and, you didn't pay for air.
When nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got there.
When it took five minutes for the TV to warm up, if you even had one.
It was magic when dad would "remove" his thumb.
When it was considered a great privilege to be taken out to dinner at a real
restaurant with your parents.
When girls neither dated nor kissed until late high school, if then.

When they threatened to keep kids back a grade
if they failed...and did!
When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate
that awaited a misbehaving student at home.
Basically, we were in fear for our lives but it wasn't because of drive-by
shootings, drugs, gangs, etc.
Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat!
Didn't that feel good? Just to go back and say,
"Yeah, I remember that!"

Remember when...
Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo."
Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "Do over!"
"Race issue" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties.
It was unbelievable that dodgeball wasn't an Olympic event.
Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a slingshot.
Scrapes and bruises were kissed and made better.
Taking drugs meant orange-flavored chewable aspirin.
Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare."

If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED!!!
Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from "grown up" life...

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!!!

"Happiness is in direct proportion to your way of thinking"

cody anderson
11-26-2003, 03:32 PM
:huh

Bad Habit
11-26-2003, 03:52 PM
Cody, you must be too young to remember when......lol

One more..

Remember when you used to STAND on the front seat of the car anytime you went anywhere?

kickin440
11-26-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
Cody, you must be too young to remember when......lol

One more..

Remember when you used to STAND on the front seat of the car anytime you went anywhere?

I liked to ride in the back window on top of the speakers myself:)
Those were some good thoughts until reality snuck back up.:(

wilkin250r
11-26-2003, 05:58 PM
You could add a few more...

Remember when a doller could buy you a hot dog, soda AND an ice cream?

Remember when your "fort" was the most magical place on earth. In your fort, you were pirates, astronauts, pilots, and secret agents, all in the same afternoon.

Remember walking on couch cushions all over the floor to avoid the "hot lava"?

Summer days were never too hot to run, and the water was never too cold to swim.

And the best part, summers were endless...

batgeek
11-26-2003, 05:59 PM
:(

remember when a 14yo girl looked like a 14yo girl.

remember when children listened to their parents, and respected their elders.

remember when kids were seen and not heard.

f^ckin MTV.

sportraxrider10
11-26-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Remember walking on couch cushions all over the floor to avoid the "hot lava"?

i thought i was the only one to do that:o lol:cool: :D

Chanman420q
11-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by sportraxrider10
i thought i was the only one to do that:o lol:cool: :D

me too :p

i remember doing all that... those were the good days.. WERE:(

D11NR
11-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Those were the best times, lmao i would eat the aspirin as candy
until I got caught:eek:

Bill Fuller
11-27-2003, 08:10 AM
Ah the memories:) Brings a tear to my eye.Thanks Foxy...

ThyJuGGaLo
11-27-2003, 08:18 AM
if you guys miss it so much why don't you do the things that you can still do to bring back the good ol' days like

pillow fights

jumping on the bed

walk around on the couch coushins to advoid "lava"

an ice cream cone on a warm summer night

eating aspirin like candy :huh

you are never too old to do those things
unleash the kid from within

D11NR
11-27-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by ThyJuGGaLo
if you guys miss it so much why don't you do the things that you can still do to bring back the good ol' days like

eating aspirin like candy :huh

It would probably kill me now:blah: Do you even know the aspirin she is refering to? The stuff was good, wait does this make me sound like an addict:confused:

nofear911
11-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Great thread! How bout these.

Remember when, if the porch light was on, it was time to go home, and if it was being flashed you were late for supper.

Remember when, you leave on your pedal bikes in the morning and ride all day miles away from home and not come home until dark. And this was normal.

I have a two week old girl and she will not be aloud to do half the stuff we were aloud to do when we grew up.

300exOH
11-27-2003, 08:56 AM
:D

Tommy 17
11-27-2003, 10:10 AM
yeah times have changed... i'm still young but i remember every one of those!!!!

i use to love layin up on the back window of the car on long rides haha... that or were goin 85 down the high way and what am i doin... JUMPIN ON HTE FRONT SEAT!!!! haha man i miss those days:p

Nausty
11-27-2003, 04:50 PM
yeah, I wish i could be a kid again when it seemed like anything was possible and you would have so much hope and it seemed like the worst things would never happen.

I remember when I was a kid and all of that stuff was so true.:(

I remember having to be home by the time the street lights came on to come home and eat supper with my brother:( and the rest of my family and we would all actually talk and laugh.

I remember waking up as early as possible to go play tag as we waited for the bus.

I remember my friends and I talking about how cool it was to get a foot of air on our bikes.

I remember fishing w/ my dad and playing with the worms and frogs and chasing after girls with them

I remember when the most important things in life were your best friend John, your favorite toy wind up motorcycle and your bicycle.

I remember making "mud pies"

I remember when me and my friends would beg and cheer for the big kids to spin us around the marygoround (spel?) as fast as they could while we would fight to hang on and get dizzy.

I remember camping out w/ your friends out on the trampoline on warm summer nights to come inside where their wasn't any monsters to have mom cook us some food and fall asleep inside.

man, those were the days!:( I wish things were so simple again where we didn't have to worry about jobs, break ups, and being the best at everything and all the other **** I don't wanna even mention.:(

Guy400
11-27-2003, 05:33 PM
You Remember walking on couch cushions all over the floor to avoid the "hot lava"?The only thing that was hot was my ***** when my dad caught me walking on the furniture :D

bigbadbrad
11-27-2003, 05:59 PM
i rember that.
how about this one, when you would sit on your dad's lap and steer his pickup while he did the gas and breaks
or when you would make ramps out of old wood to jump your bike with. or when you would play in the sand box alll day untill it was dark
or when you would sled(not snowmobile) all day even though it was freezeing out side and that you had to walk all the way back up the hill just for a short ride down.
or when you could talk your dad in to letting you drive the lawn tractor insted of him, not realizing that you were actually doing him a favor

Nausty
11-27-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
i rember that.
how about this one, when you would sit on your dad's lap and steer his pickup while he did the gas and breaks
or when you would make ramps out of old wood to jump your bike with. or when you would play in the sand box alll day untill it was dark
or when you would sled(not snowmobile) all day even though it was freezeing out side and that you had to walk all the way back up the hill just for a short ride down.
or when you could talk your dad in to letting you drive the lawn tractor insted of him, not realizing that you were actually doing him a favor

everything fits perfect lol, sept the last one.

I use to be the best at making sand castles and everything. Almost everyday after school i'd either come home and play lego's or play in the sand box and I could really make some awsome stuff for being such a young kid.

I remember the first time I "jumped" a bike. I was over at a kid named michaels house and he had out these peices of wood. he had a 4x4 to prop up the long 2/4 which was the "take off" and I had to try so hard to pull my front tire up so I wouldn't be just riding off it.

Sledding and snow fights/forts were so much fun.:D

Foxyangel0425
11-27-2003, 06:42 PM
When my sister and i were little we used to take the cusions off the couch down stairs and take them to the top of the stairs (leading to down stairs) and used to slide them down the stairs.....untill we got in trouble (LOL). :devil:

We also used to race our little Hot Wheels (thats when they were not made of cheap plastic) on our orange plastic track (for those that were born in the early 70's would remember that), it would be over the couch, over the chair just everywhere we could possibly put them......:D

Those were the good old days where we could go outside and not lock our doors at night because of crazies!

JUSTINcredible
11-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Foxyangel0425

We also used to race our little Hot Wheels (thats when they were not made of cheap plastic) on our orange plastic track (for those that were born in the early 70's would remember that), it would be over the couch, over the chair just everywhere we could possibly put them......:D

i remember getting thos when i was a kid and just the other nigh me and my 8 year old brother made a sweet little track down the basement steps

Ryan
11-27-2003, 08:01 PM
Some of you will never relize it, but you might be living the best times of your life right now. You will only relize it when you look back on the days and say, "That was fun!."

For me, I would never go back in time to be a kid I was. There was to many mental issues that I had to deal with. I couldn't be happier in this time and day.

Nausty
11-27-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Some of you will never relize it, but you might be living the best times of your life right now. You will only relize it when you look back on the days and say, "That was fun!."

For me, I would never go back in time to be a kid I was. There was to many mental issues that I had to deal with. I couldn't be happier in this time and day.

maybe your right maybe your wrong but there is just so much stuff going on I don't even wanna get into it. Its bad!:(

bigbadbrad
11-27-2003, 08:54 PM
i rember when i could play with legos for hours and try to build things, and then get mad when my big brother would take they apart , and i rember when hot wheels and matchbox cars would keep me quit all day long.

about the lawn tractor thing, i statred riding on the tractor with my dad when i was about 3, when i was 5 i could drive it by myself, i have always been into those things, tractors and contruction equipmtent, and stuff like that, i loved tonkas, i would fight for them with my brother, then i would get them all to my self when he started to go to school. ah i miss those days of playing on the swings and little kid stuff like that.

Nausty
11-27-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by D11NR
It would probably kill me now:blah: Do you even know the aspirin she is refering to? The stuff was good, wait does this make me sound like an addict:confused:

oh are u guys talking about the childerans pink aspren with like the pink line through it? That stuff was good!

JOEX
11-27-2003, 11:35 PM
I feel old........:o

Originally posted by Ryan
Good for you:) ;) I'm pretty much the opposite then again, maybe the same. Repression is evil...

Joe

batgeek
11-27-2003, 11:37 PM
that was Children's Bayer wasn't it?

that, Vick's and St Joseph's cough syrup....yep, those would fix anything hehe. :D

i remember when Tonkas were made of STEEL!!!!

Braff1
11-27-2003, 11:49 PM
Remember when you use to walk to school up hill both ways in the snow all year round and you were glad.

Remember when men were men and sheep were scared. j/k

JOEX
11-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
.....i remember when Tonkas were made of STEEL!!!!
Yep, My Tonka dump truck and Winnebago motor home were my favorite toys. Used to sit on the Wiiebago and ride it down the driveway.

Joe

Narly R
11-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Yep, My Tonka dump truck and Winnebago motor home were my favorite toys. Used to sit on the Wiiebago and ride it down the driveway.

Joe

I use to do that. I can vearly remeber those days. I wasnt really even in them. i was a little, but all I remeber was summer days and nights hanging out with kids I knew. Always the same ol kids everyday. A lot like Nausty said. but now its hard. Its hard to even be a teenager theses days.

I mean we will look back and call these the good ol' days at some point. And then it will be scary. Kids try to mature way to fast. I mean Im shure I do it too, wanna be big and bad or whatever, but I see it gettings worse in younger kids. Just 3 years makes a big differnce. Its amazing. I am only scared for my kids.

CHAR250R
11-28-2003, 11:46 AM
Hotwheels in "Spestraflame colors". Tonka trucks where the only plastic was the windshield and the tires. Your Schwinn Orange crate was the coolest bike around, with a redline drag slick on the back, and a 5 speed shifter. The Bionic man lunch box. Remember lunch boxes? Before there were quads? Before ATC's? Remember dirtbikes with 2 rear shocks? I'm getting old. How about when you got toys for Christmas, and they didn't need batteries? Ahhhhhh........ the good old days!:)

Toadz400
11-28-2003, 08:15 PM
i didn't have a childhood:o i'm 15 right now but i have absolutely no memories of my childhood really, well anything happy at least...i agree with Ryan, too many mental issues...but i don't agree on the "i couldn't be happier right now" because well things don't seem to go that well for me, oh well, maybe in the near future things will start to look better.....maybe...:(

KASCHAK
11-28-2003, 09:04 PM
lol all i can say is wow. most of those i remember. im only 16 but when i was growing up the older kids had most of this stuff and they tought me. have to be in when the street lights come on. that kinda stuff. but lol i remember alll of that stuff. those were the days.

quadfamily
11-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Remember Tree Houses?
Snow forts?
playing King of the mountain on the snow hills that the plows would make?
Schwinn bikes (had one but not a Krate) wouldn't think of leaving it outside at night because I didn't want it to rust.
And like Char350X said those cool metal lunch boxes with the thermos inside and the metal clip thing inside to keep the thermos from moving around. I remember when they went from glass lined thermoses to plastic liners because kids would break the glass and drink the milk not knowing it was broken and get glass in their mouth. Picking a new lunch box was the best part about going back to school!
I remember having a scooby doo lunch box, Adams family, flintstones, and spiderman. I'm sure there were more but these are all I remember. I wish I still had all mine they're probably worth something now! milk was 4 cents at school and lunch was a quarter.
We built many wooden ramps to jump our bikes. We used to jump over kids that were laying down!
And I loved those metal Tonka trucks.
Remember 8 track players?

Remember life BEFORE: cell phones, beepers, answering machines, cable TV, color TV, CD players, video games, cars with air conditioning, etc.....??

Bad Habit
11-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Who here is old enough to remember when Showtime was the only movie channel on cable and it didn't run movies 24/7?

And another one, who has an old Beta machine collecting dust in their basement? lol

Quad18star
11-28-2003, 10:15 PM
Man i remember those days ... it seems liek kids these days don't experience all the fun we had . I aint that old , i'm only 20 soon to be 21 .. but i remember waking up at 7 am on a saturday just to watch cartoons on tv . I remember getting lashes on my hands when i did soemthing wrong at school and i remember being scared to go home cuz mom and dad would do the same . I remember when we used to get like 7 feet of snow and would go play road hockey and build forts till late at night ( late being 8:30) . Kids these days are scared of the cold weather and when we get 5 inches of snow they think its wounderful . Hell I remember walking to school which was about a mile or so away in -40 degree weather cuz my old man wouldnt drive me . He said if he had to walk when he was a kid , i'd ahve to do the same . I sure as hell when i have kids i aint driving them . Remember when a dollar was worth a dollar. When the whole family could go out to the theatres for under $10. When cheap night was $2 not $12. Remember when little girls weren't wearing make-up at 12 years old and when drugs weren't soemthing you ever thought about . Hell I didnt see drugs till i went into highschool at 16 years old . Now the kids are getting high at 8 years old . Wish we could turn back time and show the kids these days what we had and what we appreciated.

Quad18star
11-28-2003, 10:19 PM
Yellow416ex .... I still got the type writter sitting in the basement before the computers came out and i still got the Commadore 64 down there also . Used to have to plug it into the TV and we'd be able to play pacman. Still got the original nintendo which i have NEVER beat Mario 1. Got the Super Nintendo , which I NEVER beat Mario in that oen either . Now I got the PS2 , which I use cheat codes to beat the games . Man I suck at video games . LOL

Hoggr9
11-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Hoggr's wife here. I remember all that stuff, but no one mentioned about getting into the drive in for $5.00 a carload. A lot cheaper than going to the movies now.

crday98
11-30-2003, 11:12 PM
remember when there were only 12 channels to watch and if the president was on..... your night was f@#ked
did anyone stretch a sheet out over the furniture to make a tent and sleep in the living room like you were camping?
i can't believe nobody mentioned sliding down a banister(sp) i still get the urge :D
remember the dukes of hazzard and star wars dinner trays and underoos or the strawberry shortcake or care bears for the ladies?
how about wanting to bomb the snow plows because they were clearing the streets so you would have to go to school the next day?
jumping in a pile of leaves?
getting a Colorado back pack for school was cool?
you were the chit if your family had a VCR and a Microwave?
Zim Zam was the hot new game?
i could go on and on
ahh the memories

12-01-2003, 09:47 AM
:(

That is definitly something of the past...:(

wilkin250r
12-01-2003, 09:59 AM

and when a whooping was something to be feared, not something to be reported...

Pappy
12-01-2003, 10:02 AM
and when a whooping was something to be feared, not something to be reported...

well theres a memo i must have missed...lmfao

LTandRaptorider
12-01-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Toadz400
i didn't have a childhood:o i'm 15 right now but i have absolutely no memories of my childhood really, well anything happy at least...i agree with Ryan, too many mental issues...but i don't agree on the "i couldn't be happier right now" because well things don't seem to go that well for me, oh well, maybe in the near future things will start to look better.....maybe...:(

I know how you feel, but things will get better. There will always be obstacles to overcome, but over come them we must! And believe it or not, it will make you stronger. Hang in there, look for the good things, and try not to dwell on the bad. ;)

300EXrider02
12-01-2003, 10:28 AM
I can relate so much to those things, me and my brothers (22) and (20) used to do so much stuff like that, "big wheels" were a great hit

but what I remember most is the times we shared, they will never happen again, it was just us, family, but we looked at it as friends, good times

I couldnt agree more with batgeek, being I guess still classified as a "kid" I am still discusted with kids today, I wish I could line up every snotty, bratty, pos kid and get one nice big punch across the face from me for each ungreatful one

12-01-2003, 02:38 PM
this place isnt too far from hell right now

k2-dawg
12-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Remember when....... you were single.

12-01-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by CHAR350X
Hotwheels in "Spestraflame colors". Tonka trucks where the only plastic was the windshield and the tires. Your Schwinn Orange crate was the coolest bike around, with a redline drag slick on the back, and a 5 speed shifter. The Bionic man lunch box. Remember lunch boxes? Before there were quads? Before ATC's? Remember dirtbikes with 2 rear shocks? I'm getting old. How about when you got toys for Christmas, and they didn't need batteries? Ahhhhhh........ the good old days!:) my friend has one of those. its a montesa and its made in spain but it has a hell of a lot of power

MOFO
12-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by k2-dawg

...and had money to burn... (kinda goes along with being single)

Nausty
12-01-2003, 03:20 PM
I can see myself when i'm older saying to my kids...

I remember when we actually had to press buttons on the remote, not just thinking about it.

Or I remember when we actually had to walk from the store to our truck accross concrete, and the street, both ways, in the rain and snow!:eek:

MOFO
12-01-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I can see myself when i'm older saying to my kids...

I remember when we actually had to press buttons on the remote, not just thinking about it.

chit, I remember having to walk UP to the TV and change the channels.... LOL.

12-01-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
oh are u guys talking about the childerans pink aspren with like the pink line through it? That stuff was good! i used to love that stuff

12-01-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Yellow416ex .... I still got the type writter sitting in the basement before the computers came out and i still got the Commadore 64 down there also . Used to have to plug it into the TV and we'd be able to play pacman. Still got the original nintendo which i have NEVER beat Mario 1. Got the Super Nintendo , which I NEVER beat Mario in that oen either . Now I got the PS2 , which I use cheat codes to beat the games . Man I suck at video games . LOL thats what sucked about the old games. u didnt have cheat codes then

300EXrider02
12-01-2003, 05:07 PM
did anyone ever make blanket forts? I loved those, pillows and comfy blankets, then I would jump on it when the afternoon was over, I think I am going to go build one now :p

batgeek
12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
remember when pillow fights were just fun and games and not foreplay!!! woot! :D

12-02-2003, 09:55 AM
milkshakes were 10 cents

300exQuadracer
12-02-2003, 03:19 PM
how bout making forts in the house with blankets and chairs,
or being able to actually fit under your bed and imagine it was a cave
howbout playing atari, (yes i said ATARI) all day long and thinking it was fun
making race tracks in the sandbox with ponds and wrecking every single matchbox car or anyother vehicle you had in there
slididng down the wooden basement steps in wash baskets or peices of cardboard wiping out hardcore and thinking it was fun
big wheel races
and when driving the lawn mower as fast as it would go around the yard was fun

12-02-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by crday98

how about wanting to bomb the snow plows because they were clearing the streets so you would have to go to school the next day? hey, thats what we got paintball guns for:devil:

TC17
12-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
i didn't have a childhood:o i'm 15 right now but i have absolutely no memories of my childhood really, well anything happy at least...i agree with Ryan, too many mental issues...but i don't agree on the "i couldn't be happier right now"

i only remember a few things...

being alone with my rocking horse listening to bryan adams and mellisa ethridge in my basement for hours

running down through the grass with no shoes to my grandmas next door and having breakfast in the morning

i remember playing with my "friend" (imaginary) and getting home too late and having my dad.....

i don't remember playing baseball with my dad, i don't remember eating ice cream cones, i don't remember being happy...

life was never simple for me, it's still not. did you ever feel like you wish the world knew your story but you couldn't tell them, what would it matter?

the only thing that makes me truly happy is riding my quad and racing. it's my escape on the reality of life, everything is twisted in today's world. in Italy your job is what you love to do no matter how much you get paid, people stand for hours in factory lines making products for $3 an hour after the government takes half of it. i don't remember things being good. must be nice to have those memories. the only memories i make now are with my quad...i guess like ryan said, toooo many mental issues...:(

D11NR
12-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by TC17
i only remember a few things...

being alone with my rocking horse listening to bryan adams and mellisa ethridge in my basement for hours

running down through the grass with no shoes to my grandmas next door and having breakfast in the morning

i remember playing with my "friend" (imaginary) and getting home too late and having my dad.....

i don't remember playing baseball with my dad, i don't remember eating ice cream cones, i don't remember being happy...

life was never simple for me, it's still not. did you ever feel like you wish the world knew your story but you couldn't tell them, what would it matter?

the only thing that makes me truly happy is riding my quad and racing. it's my escape on the reality of life, everything is twisted in today's world. in Italy your job is what you love to do no matter how much you get paid, people stand for hours in factory lines making products for $3 an hour after the government takes half of it. i don't remember things being good. must be nice to have those memories. the only memories i make now are with my quad...i guess like ryan said, toooo many mental issues...:(

:huh You get out of life what you put into it man, if its that bad get help.

03400EX_Nacs
12-02-2003, 08:16 PM
i remember when gas was .98 cents

k2-dawg
12-03-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
i remember when gas was .98 cents

Hell, I remember when it was .25 cents..... with lead.

quadfamily
12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
yup, it was under 80 cents and had lead when I started driving. You could get both leaded and unleaded though. Then they phased out the lead. I remember everyone being afraid that thier cars wouldn't run on unleaded or it would ruin their engines.

Runnin Dumb
12-03-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by k2-dawg

Uh, as a matter of fact---NO!!!!!
A movie,coke, box of popcorn------ 25cents
gas with lead -------19cents
Sitting in a P-51 Mustang when they were still in service.