PDA

View Full Version : won the Wolfmann's C class fall series!

TC17
11-26-2003, 11:21 AM
what a great time! wolfmann's is a really really nice track! we went down there for a 5 race series with 12 guys in the C class series. 3 of them had modded YFZ's, a few 250Rs, some decked 400's, a few cannondales and stuff like that. but i go down there with my stock 400ex and end up winning out of 12. my dad was pretty impressed so we talked to my mom and Thomas Racing and they're going to sponsor me next year for a few grand. they are goign to help me get the new 450R. we have a down payment on one at Saylor Honda. they said i shoudl get it sometime end on January/February, i'm REALLY excited to finally get something competitive and fast!

the last race on sunday was awesome! i came out 3rd of 10 both times out of the gate and ended up 3rd overall. a PRO-AM racer from South Carolina came up to race A class. he had a Gibson 310R. the first race we were leading the pack by about 20 seconds. we were passing each other in every corner and back, it was so fun. until we hit the doubles rythm section. the first one is 49' and the second is 44'. i hit both every lap. he stops and rolls it and i was like wtf is he doing? so the second jump i saw him hit it and i was about 15 feet behind him. he overshot it and just stopped right on the landing. i was already in the air when i saw this...i nailed him going about 30mph right in the back end, i'm lucky i didn't land on him...he fell off and has a dislocated shoulder and some other stuff...so i won the moto...the next race my dad's aluminum air box didn't hold up real great. i shattered the first one when it hit my swingarm. so i was doing all the doubles, i was leading. and i was doubling this 101' triple a good 70' long...it was killing me, all the shocks bottomed but i picked up like 10 seconds everytime i did it cause everyone else had to roll it and loss the speed on the stretch. but the 2nd lap the twist ties all busted the the air box sunk about 3 inches causing the air intake to the carb to come off. it ran like **** and everyone passed me, i finished almost last, it was getting enough gas so i was afraid to hit anything cause it was sputter and bog and everything.

overall, the fall series was AWESOME! i got ALOT better at racing and i ended up 1st. so next year i'll be in B or A class with my 450R then hopefully move to state A in a few years. after a year or two of that, my goal is to hit B or C nationals. that would be awesome....i'll try to get soem pics on.

03400EX_Nacs
11-26-2003, 12:25 PM
kool.....:devil: