PDA

View Full Version : Champion Plug number????

trailburner
11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
What is the plug number for a "Champion" plug for a 400ex....
Thanks.....

Colby@C&DRacing
11-26-2003, 09:59 AM
Don't do it man the champion plugs don't run very good in a quad. I only use the NGK plug

cals400ex
11-26-2003, 10:07 AM
i am not sure the #, but you can probally get the number from a local auto parts store. i know our napa stores carry plugs for my 300, but i am not sure if they carry them for 400ex's or not. by the way, i tested the champion plugs in my utility quad and to me they seemed to last longer. performance wise, there was no difference. i use to race my utility against my friends and both bikes were dead even throughout the race. lol anyways, on that bike, i didn't notice a difference when racing with the ngk vs champion. in my ex, i have never ran the champion. i use the ngk's, but not for any specific reason. colbly may be right, ngk may be a better plug. from my experience they don't seem to last as long, but that could be from the luck of the draw.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-26-2003, 12:11 PM
You may not have seen a difference between them but I work on alot of quads and can always tell when some farmer put in a champion plug instead of an NGK

cals400ex
11-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
You may not have seen a difference between them but I work on alot of quads and can always tell when some farmer put in a champion plug instead of an NGK

really?? whats the difference? i really don't know the difference between the two.

LazeR
11-26-2003, 01:53 PM
Well......ive just heard nothing bad about champion.....my dads saying is always "I wouldn't put a champion in my lawn mower" i dunno though......but i would recommend NGK there alot better from what i hear

UglyMotha™
11-26-2003, 01:56 PM
i run champion power sport i believe there called no difference in power but they've always lasted longer than the ngk's and the combustion chamber looks no different than when i only ran ngks and i have no clue on the number

trailburner
11-26-2003, 04:49 PM
I allways thought spark was spark.....& with a champion plug you can use a 5/8 deep well socket to change the plug alot easier to get down in the stupid plug hole then a 18mm that you use for the NGK..I also found out the champion cost less...I'll try one out & if I notice any difference I'll swith back......

Smokin 440
11-26-2003, 06:21 PM
In my 250x i have to run champions or it runs like $hit and it sputtered and putted then smoked, and starts unbelievably hard w/ the NGK. then i got a champion and it ran perfect. so far as im concerned NGK can lick my ballz and if i could find a "z rated" champ i would run it in my 440, thats just my opinion, but its the exact same way in my sled b/c NGK's just aren't the same quality