PDA

View Full Version : installing car cd player????????

hondarida420
11-26-2003, 08:31 AM
i just got a cd player for my mazda 626 its a 93, and they sent me all the wiring stuff and intructions so im gonna try to install it myself, the problem is gettin the stock reciever out, i got it half way out but the wires are still attached and i cant get to them, do i have to like take apart my whole dash or is there an easier way???:confused:

atl855
11-26-2003, 08:38 AM
the wires should be hooked in by a tree clip in the dash it should pull out try to get your hans or a smaller hand behind it from under it or from the side but DO NOT CUT ANY WIRES i know someone who did this and ther just bought their brand new

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
11-26-2003, 10:00 AM
If you really don't have any experience doing this I would take it up to Circuit City or Best Buy and have them do it for like 30 Dollars. But just a precaution remember to take your faceplate off at night or when you park at school or park for a while...mine has been stolen twice.

TheX1992
11-26-2003, 11:54 AM
it should slide all the way out, unhook the wiring harness, connect your new harness to it(must buy one to match your vehicle and tie the wires together), and slap it on in

jay's 300
11-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by .:01_eXrIdEr:.
If you really don't have any experience doing this I would take it up to Circuit City or Best Buy and have them do it for like 30 Dollars. But just a precaution remember to take your faceplate off at night or when you park at school or park for a while...mine has been stolen twice.

I agree, or get a friend that has experience! The wires may just be hung up on something, but ya never know. (it's hard to explain w/ out seeing what it look like in person) :D

AndrewRRR
11-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Can you take off some lower trim panels and get your head in behind there to see what's hanging up? A lot of the manufacturers are kind enough to not leave enough wire to pull the factory radio all the way out but you can usually get it out enough to disconnect the factory harness. If you can't then you should be able to get it from the backside.
And atl855 is right, don't cut em. Think of how hard it'll be to solder or get butt connectors on all those wires up in there. I've done it and it's not pretty. Lots of cusswords, several beers... etc.
Most car audio shops will sell you a harness that will plug into your factory harness. You just solder or crimp the wires of the new cd player to it.
If it starts to be a PITA, just have a shop do it. They can do it fast and it's not very expensive.