PDA

View Full Version : Here's a ? for the software pros

JOEX
11-26-2003, 12:09 AM
A bit ago I was surfing through the pages here. I right clicked on a thread to open in a new window like I usually do. When I did so everything froze for about 30 seconds, being the impatiant person I am I tried clicking around and nothing was responding.

Then the printer window opened. I closed it then things seemed to be back to normal until I looked at my ISP dialer window. The exriders page I was opening was there and I was able to surf through the site within the dialer window. What happened?

This what it looked like after that
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p7b69fdcc3b91cb29b17d6595596df16b/fa76958b.jpg

This what it is supposed to look like
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/pca2582de21ff01aa5389bd8d350e4fc1/fa769552.jpg

Guy400
11-26-2003, 04:08 AM
Welcome to Windows, the land where nothing makes sense. All kidding aside, did you happen to have AOL AIM running? My computer is rock solid until I launch the AIM and try surfing the Net then things start to really bog down until it locks completely.

JOEX
11-26-2003, 07:59 PM
Look at the bottom right corner of my screen, I have the bare minimum running at start up;) I think I tried doing too many things at once and windows freaked out.LOL! It does wierd stuff sometimes when I click a link before the page is fully loaded. Damn dialup....

Joe

11-26-2003, 08:02 PM
just so i dont have to make another thread...occasionaly my monitor goes completely black for about 5 seconds..then goes back to normal.....does anyone know what could be happening and how to fix it?

JOEX
11-26-2003, 08:50 PM
I'd say the monitor is going out.... But i'm no expert at this:p Mine went a couple of years ago but it just quit working.

See if you can swap monitors with someone to narrow it down.

Joe

11-26-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I'd say the monitor is going out.... But i'm no expert at this:p Mine went a couple of years ago but it just quit working.

See if you can swap monitors with someone to narrow it down.

Joe thats the thing..this computer is about 3-4 months old!and so is every component on it

khen
11-26-2003, 09:41 PM
JOEX

Sounds like when you right clicked and started clicking around you hit the print page in the right click menu(even if the window didn't show up yet). The dialer window probably just died but the process was still running. What version of windows is that? Windows 95/98 aren't good at multi-tasking at all. NT/2000/XP and Unix/Linux are much better at multi-tasking.

nacsracer27

I have a monitor that does that occasionaly as well, my guess is that it is degaussing.