PDA

View Full Version : motor mods

11-25-2003, 09:53 PM
ok, now that i have my suspension picked out, im looking at motor stuff, here is what i have in mind, yoshi exausght, k and n filter, 416 kit, port and polish, edelbrock carb, web cam.. is there anything else i need?? also where can i get a 416 kit? and will i need a stronger rod for a 416? also about how much would all of this run me? o and if list anyting else could i get a website for that product?

cals400ex
11-25-2003, 11:01 PM
order it all from C&D. they will probally be able to cut you the best deal. there is a good chance they will recommend a different pipe (sparks, lrd, ct, hmf, etc) and carb (the FCR). they will probally also recommend a hotcam over the webcam. you may need rockers depending on the webcam. your rod should be fine. most leave the stock rod in, but some put a stronger one in.

you can get your piston, cam, gaskets and boring for under $300. your pipe will probally run around $450 if you get a complete. carb will be around $500. port/polish will depend on what you want done and who does. it could be anywhere from really cheap to several hundred. the hotcams are around $125. the web cams might be a few dollars higher. all of this doesn't including installing it on the bike either. the filter is probally around $50 depending on where you get it.

11-26-2003, 09:38 AM
since im not real good with the jets and what not i want the qwiksilver for ease of use.. is that still a good decision?

cals400ex
11-26-2003, 10:01 AM
yeah, i can't remember if it is the quicksilver or the lectron that is the easy one to change jets. i run the stock carb so i don't have experience with any of them. however, when you change your mods and when the temp changes, swapping jets is not 100% required, but highly recommended anyways. i change jets 3 times a year depending on what season it is. well actually, i change my jets like 3 times a months since i try to get everything near perfect. :eek: if it was me putting that kind of money down, i wouldn't get anything but an fcr. there are a few people on here runnig the quiksilver, so you can use the search button to see how they like it. good luck