PDA

View Full Version : whats up with them?

cabex
11-25-2003, 08:45 PM
Ok, i am thinkng about trading my z400 for a Cannondale Canibal.

do you guys think i should do it? Will it have better power than my engine that is in my Z400 now?

Are they reliable? Where can i get parts. ( oil, oil filters ect.)
where can i get them maintained?

toby400ex
11-25-2003, 10:10 PM
Cannondales require quite a bit more maintainance than most quads from everything I've read. I imagine parts are more expensive too. And u have to tank the plastic off just to change a spark plug. IT might have a little more power but make sure it has all the updates done to it if u consider the trade. I dont know a whole lot about them but thats everything ive heard.

cabex
11-26-2003, 06:26 AM
what updates are you talking about?

and what kind of matainece is required?

could i get it fixed at a normal dealer? or a small engine shop?

where do people get parts?

D11NR
11-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Get your checkbook out.
I'm speaking on personal experience. Go to the cannondaler website or cannondaleriders and look around for info.
They are fast but they do have their downsides to. I'm not against them. If you can get one that has all the updates done
then it would be worth considering. They do have a crank issue
but it can be fixed $$$$$$ Do your research before you jump in you might regret it if you dont. just my .02 cents

Derno24
11-26-2003, 10:55 AM
Ok I own both of these quads and there is alot of misunderstanding about the cannondales.

There are a couple of updates that you should have done.

1. Engine mount update. a $30 expense and you can do this yourself.

2. Crankcase update. If you are mechanically inclined you could do this yourself, but you need to take the motor apart.

3. breather update: you can do this several different ways, but it can be done by yourself.

If you need more info on Cannondales check out Cannondaler.com or cannondaleriders.com.

As far as power stock for stock. There is no contest the Dale wins hands down. Parts can be purchased through C&D Racing and they aren't that expensive.

As far as crank issues yes there can be a problem, but with how cheap you can get a dale now it makes it more than worth it. Also ATK is making these machines again with all updates done and some big improvements. I have my sources on this so you will have to trust me. So I guess if you need something let me know and I can answer a specific question.

Also I think the best thing is to do maintenance yourself saves big dollars for any machine.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-26-2003, 11:47 AM
C&D Racing is happy to announce we are the newest ATK/Cannondale dealer. We will be selling the new ATK/cannondales along with discounts on all the new updated parts for the atvs. We don't just sell parts for them we race them so we have done alot of work with them and can help with anything you might need. Also if anyone want to discuss the new ATK atv models that are available as we speak give me a call.:)