PDA

View Full Version : Drying out a 400ex

C4o5
11-25-2003, 07:15 PM
I flipped my 400 over today in a creek. When I opened the airbox it was filled with water. What all do I need to do to get it running again? I have drained the fuel, changed the oil, put a new spark plug in it. Is there anything else I should do before trying to start it back up again? Thanks

trailburner
11-25-2003, 07:45 PM
Your first post & your looking for help!!!! LOL..:D OK I did this before & first of all as long as you shut your motor off as soon as it went under you should be OK...Drain carb.. Change oil [like you did] bring it for a SHORT ride change again....keep doing this untill the oil doesn't have any "milky look" to it then you should be ok...Good luck & remember to keep an eye on the oil!!

4TraxRider
11-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Clean and reoil your air filter as well, and if you didn't drain the float bowl you should also.

quadrider400
11-28-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
Clean and reoil your air filter as well, and if you didn't drain the float bowl you should also.

agreed..... and use an affordable oil until you are sure there is no water still in there... then go back to your syn.......

Aceman
12-01-2003, 07:45 PM
After you drain your oil, drain your carb, etc and get it all ready to fire back up again I would leave the spark plug out and crank it over a few times just in case water is in the cylinder. Trying to compress water=big problems.