PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Riders

Max400
11-24-2003, 07:53 PM
I just joined thumper talk, a 4 stroke motorcycle forum thinking that I could get and gives some good info on riding areas! all they do is slam quads when ever some one says quad, they act like we are all a bunch of no helmet, tennis shoe wearing fools that have no right to ride on their trials..I think we should all be on the same team, I mean if the greenies shut down a trail they shut it down for both of us. they act like we are ruining trails for everyone:confused: :confused: I think the greenies hate all motorized vehicles.

here's what one of them said about ATV's
This happened within the city limits....on State land. The wash runs past the stables, about 50-75 yards from their fences. It was assault, plain and simple. I used to ride the same area, until around 1987 or 88. That's when the dust ordinance was passed , thanks to a bunch of ignorant ATC & quad riders....

Can't we all just get along!!!!!:confused:

sorry to vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHAR250R
11-24-2003, 08:16 PM
I currently have 4 quads and 1 trike. I'm looking for a clean XR400. I personally don't care what your riding. Usually the dirtbike guys don't like ATV's. They can F. O. as far as I'm concerned.

K_Fulk
11-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Everyone with bikes around here seem to be pretty cool, maybe beacuse there is only 1 bike rider for every quad rider though.

kwatts400
11-25-2003, 01:17 AM
The way things are going w/ local politics, we definately need to be on the same page. The laws passed will affect all off roaders, and not be quad or bike specific.

400exmom
11-25-2003, 05:45 AM
i learned to ride chasing the KTM A classs riders through the woods~ i have a serious hang up for guys that ride dirtbikes dunno why but they REALLY turn my crank:devil: :devil:

86350x
11-25-2003, 12:04 PM
Well most of the people on thumper talk are pretty cool. It's more of a technical information place, then a b.s. page. I have been riding bikes longer then quads, and will continue to ride both. From what I've seen here, we bike and quad riders get along just fine.

airheadedduner
11-25-2003, 12:09 PM
All the bike riders I have talked with around here act like the track is theres and they are letting quads use it cause they have to:(

11-25-2003, 12:36 PM
most dirtbike riders have very big heads. They truly think they are mx stars and the world should bow before them. Little do they know their not near as good as they think. Too much hype on TV has given most dirtbike riders a big head. They all think their freestyle gods and that they could beat stewart or RC anyday of the week. I love to ride on the same track as bike guys...:devil:

If a dirtbike guy ******es about a quad rider he's insecure about his riding abilities and has to blame it on something....:o

remlapr
11-25-2003, 01:52 PM
There is a State riding area here in KY called Redbird that is "suppose" to be for bikes and ATV's but only about 1/5th of the trails are for quads, most are for bikes only and from my understanding the regular bike riders there don't want the quads there AT ALL. There is a private place in Southern Indiana that's the same way. They advertise as have 1500 acres of trails (I think) but only about 200 acres are O.K. for quads to be on.

wilkin250r
11-25-2003, 02:49 PM
See that doesn't make much sense. I can see why some don't like quads on an MX track, because it's true, quads DO throw the dirt off the corners and pack them down. I don't agree with it, but I can see where it comes from.

However, on the trails, I would think that quads would be great! They would widen the trails a little bit more, and really even out the ruts. Why wouldn't they want ATV's on the trails?

2001400ex
11-25-2003, 03:48 PM
I think we should all be on the same team, we're on the defensive as it is against tree-huggers and all the other fegs that don't like you riding on certrain trails or land. I think it's retarded for them to bash us, I would never bash anyone on a dirtbike just because their machine has two and mine has four. If they don't like us then f()ck them:rolleyes: I'm not gonna sweat it. Most of the people I've met don't care about whether you're riding a quad or dirtbike, they just wanna ride with you.

Bretmd94
11-25-2003, 05:59 PM
I jsut found out that there is a Harescramble race here in Medford Every year. But its motorcycle only. Dirtbike riders hate quads here. Im going to try to push to get quads into the harescramble this year.

quadman22
11-25-2003, 06:23 PM
while we're on topic, get this!!!... around here (state forest behind my house) you CAN ride dirtbikes but you CAN'T ride atv's. WTF?!?!?! there are even signs saying so now. how can someone possibly justify that? all the ATV guys around here are the ones who keep the trails open. i've never seen a dirtbiker doing that!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Max400
11-25-2003, 09:20 PM
while we're on topic, get this!!!... around here (state forest behind my house) you CAN ride dirtbikes but you CAN'T ride atv's. WTF?!?!?! there are even signs saying so now Well checkout my pic I took this this summer on a ride here in calif., well we stopped a forrest ranger and asked him why ATV's couldn't ride on this trails and 4x4 and bikes can, and mind you this is miles into the woods! he said because bikes and 4x4's can also ride on the roads and they didn't want to mix off road vehicles with vehciles that can also ride on the raods WTF it is dirt road for off road use??? I told him that I just paid for my tags then come up here and where the f@#k am I suppose to ride...he was nice and said they don't really enforce it, and most of the rangers don't care if ATV's use the fire roads!!!!!!!then why post this sign?????

I have more to ssay about motorcycle riders, but I'll save it for another post:mad: :mad: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p6559471dea9ee118ca368036de3b1554/fa76df1e.jpg

hessianmx111
11-25-2003, 10:04 PM
cant we all just get along i swear i ride dirtbikes and i have a ton of respect for anybody who has talent on an offroad vehicle whether it be a 4x4 truck a quad or a dirtbike i dont see why alot of dirtbike riders hate quads but alot of em prolly never rode one either so they wouldnt know how hard it is to ride

JD400exrider
11-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Max400
Well checkout my pic I took this this summer on a ride here in calif., well we stopped a forrest ranger and asked him why ATV's couldn't ride on this trails and 4x4 and bikes can, and mind you this is miles into the woods! he said because bikes and 4x4's can also ride on the roads and they didn't want to mix off road vehicles with vehciles that can also ride on the raods WTF it is dirt road for off road use??? I told him that I just paid for my tags then come up here and where the f@#k am I suppose to ride...he was nice and said they don't really enforce it, and most of the rangers don't care if ATV's use the fire roads!!!!!!!then why post this sign?????

I have more to ssay about motorcycle riders, but I'll save it for another post:mad: :mad: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p6559471dea9ee118ca368036de3b1554/fa76df1e.jpg

Where is this at max.

86350x
11-26-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
i learned to ride chasing the KTM A classs riders through the woods~ i have a serious hang up for guys that ride dirtbikes dunno why but they REALLY turn my crank:devil: :devil:

Sounds like you should get yourself a bike too. Heidi Landon races both at the same even. KDX200 and a V force

Sounds like your LEANING towards bashing dirt bike guys there Rico. What's the story behind that:confused:

400exmom
11-26-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Sounds like you should get yourself a bike too. Heidi Landon races both at the same even. KDX200 and a V force

Sounds like your LEANING towards bashing dirt bike guys there Rico. What's the story behind that:confused: ive got 2 dirtbikes in my garage (my kids) i dont need another toy that need maitenance done to it _ not to mention im not real great on 2 wheels i feel much more comfortable on my 4 wheela;)

remlapr
11-26-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Max400
Well checkout my pic I took this this summer on a ride here in calif., well we stopped a forrest ranger and asked him why ATV's couldn't ride on this trails and 4x4 and bikes can, and mind you this is miles into the woods! he said because bikes and 4x4's can also ride on the roads and they didn't want to mix off road vehicles with vehciles that can also ride on the raods WTF it is dirt road for off road use??? I told him that I just paid for my tags then come up here and where the f@#k am I suppose to ride...he was nice and said they don't really enforce it, and most of the rangers don't care if ATV's use the fire roads!!!!!!!then why post this sign?????

Man that is retarded - I can see having trails for only bikes, they tear things up the least, and trails for only bikes and quads - but no jeeps and trucks since they tear chit up even more then quads, But bikes and Jeeps only???

Max400
11-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Where is this at max Hey JD400, it is off Hwy 49, just below La Porte and Little Grass Valley Res.http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p57d3cc0ba4b500305ae04127d16e6dbf/faa67f7e.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p2cc8e24ea266fe96d343113ddedcf3c8/faa68012.jpg

airheadedduner
11-26-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
See that doesn't make much sense. I can see why some don't like quads on an MX track, because it's true, quads DO throw the dirt off the corners and pack them down. I don't agree with it, but I can see where it comes from.

However, on the trails, I would think that quads would be great! They would widen the trails a little bit more, and really even out the ruts. Why wouldn't they want ATV's on the trails?
I talked to some friendlier riders on the track. There big complaint is that quads blow out the berms and wipe out the lines(ruts). I can understand the berms thing but wtf about the ruts. Anyone can go fast riding ruts. THe really fast db guys I talked to liked that. If we wipe out the ruts then not everyone can go fast and it makes it better for them cause there are more lines to choose from that are equal.

kxrider
11-26-2003, 03:36 PM
i ride dirt bikes and quads and if any of you ever seriously raced dirt bikes you would have quads to, they make alot dust, mess us the ruts in the turns, and usually the tracks i ride it is some squid 12 year old kid on a quad he cant handle so hes all over the track adn it is imposible to get around them, that is y all serious racers hate quads but i dont race so its all cool, but it is anoyin somtime