PDA

View Full Version : 250ex Shift Lever

wrk24wheel
11-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Is there a way to adjust the shifter play on a 250ex? I am used to a motorcycle where you can shift using your front of the boot. With this one, you need to actually lift your entire foot in the air. It takes about 2 3/4" off play to get it to shift.

I have been unable to find a repair manual for this yet. The stealers tell me that no one makes a repair manual yet. I have a problem beliving this being that the quad has been available for a few years. I have read that this is close to the rencon and have found many manuals on it, but have been told by the stealers that it is not even close and will not work for me.

wrk24wheel
12-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Since no one seems to know the answer to this, does anyone know where I might look to find it? Any help would be appreciated.

ReconRider25
12-05-2003, 06:11 PM
adjust the clutch. the adjusters in the front of the engine, on the right side. loosen the locknut, and to decrease play i believe you turn the adjuster(with a screwdriver) to the left, and to increase, to the right. it might be the opposite to loosen/tighten, since its been a while since i had the recon, but its the same. just try it and test, then again. hope this helps.