PDA

View Full Version : bleed brakes

11-24-2003, 03:29 PM
how do u bleed the rear breaks, my 1993 ex has fluid but the breaks dont work at all?

11-24-2003, 06:57 PM
mine do the same...i think mine are blwon b/c they only work for like 4 pumps if i do get them to work at all :(

Ralph
11-24-2003, 08:25 PM
its always great to have a second person helping. Take the resivoir cap off and top it off with some dot4 or dot5 fluid. have a friend pump the breaks several times until it starts to get pretty hard. if it doesnt just pump several times. Then have a friend hold down the pedal while u open the nozzle and let the air out. There is also supposed to be fluid squirting out, Hold it open for about a second(one-onethousand) then shut it again, THen have ur friend pump again and continue till u get as much air out as u can. IF it doesnt get better after a while ur calipers might need to be rebuilt... there is also a thread about this in the FAQ section.

11-25-2003, 03:46 PM
could u break it down a little more. do u need to put the cap back on before you start pumping. and where is the valve to open to let the air and extra fluid out? what does it look like?

JOEX
11-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Here is one method...
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9577

EX Stud
12-08-2003, 01:09 PM
I had a leaking problem with my parking brake. All the brake fluid was leaking out from around were the parking brake was bolted to the caliper

SO......i ordered a Nac's block-off hoping just to fix the problem because i never used my p-brake anyway

after puting everything back on and trying to bleed my brakes it is still leaking out from were the parking brake bolts to the caliper

I'm lost as to what to do i tightened the bolts as tight as they will go, but i'm still getting leakage

Do i need a new caliper?