PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this can be done???/

QuadJunkies
11-24-2003, 12:53 PM
I just know Im gunna get chit for this one:o :p ........ Do you think ther ewould be any way possible for a Predaotr motor would fit in a 400ex chassis???:eek2: I was just curious.:D

ledofthezep
11-24-2003, 01:07 PM
With the correct tools, knowledge, & enough beer on hand...anything can be accomplished.;) I'm sure it can be done, but I've not seen one....interesting.:)

QuadJunkies
11-24-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ledofthezep
With the correct tools, knowledge, & enough beer on hand...anything can be accomplished.;) I'm sure it can be done, but I've not seen one....interesting.:) LOL!! well, if we involve the beer.......nothing will ever get done!:p I just ran this buy a few others and they werent really sure either,but liked the idea. I personally would like the idea of having this done but Ill never have the $$ or time to have it done.:( Im glad you dont think Im totally off my rocker.....:o ;)

LTandRaptorider
11-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies

Im glad you dont think Im totally off my rocker.....:o ;) [/B]

Well, we didn't say that!!! :D Just kidding! That is an interesting idea, and you're right; never heard anyone suggest that.

Have a nice turkey day, too bad I'm not in the area... Eatin turkey, going riding... doesn't get any better than that! ;)

QuadJunkies
11-25-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Well, we didn't say that!!! :D Just kidding! That is an interesting idea, and you're right; never heard anyone suggest that.

Have a nice turkey day, too bad I'm not in the area... Eatin turkey, going riding... doesn't get any better than that! ;) You do the same!!!;)

NikNacs67
11-26-2003, 12:56 AM
Good question... I was thinking the same thing but to pt a Raptor motor in it.

Braff1
11-26-2003, 01:02 AM
with a good welder and a creative mind I am sure you could.

4TraxRider
11-26-2003, 08:46 AM
This winter if you have a extra few hundred dollars around, see if you can find an old beat 400ex frame on ebay really cheap and tae your Pred engine out and see if it'll work, so you don't have both machines out at the same time. IF ti doesn't, sell the frame again, if it does drop the ex engine and slep on the Pred.

dirtmomma
11-26-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
with a good welder and a creative mind I am sure you could.

Thats what I ws thinkin' Heck we're gonna try & stuff a 600 motor in a frame:p there will probably be alot of fabricating involved though.

airheadedduner
11-26-2003, 10:35 AM
I just know Im gunna get chit for this one:o :p ........ Do you think ther ewould be any way possible for a Predaotr motor would fit in a 400ex chassis???:eek2: I was just curious.:D
By the time you bought another pred motor(unless your hubby will be pushing his ride around the track), you could have bought a NICE 440 kit.

QuadJunkies
11-26-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
By the time you bought another pred motor(unless your hubby will be pushing his ride around the track), you could have bought a NICE 440 kit. actually, that is the plan in the spring is a 440,but if I ever was able to get a good deal on a Predator motor, I just thought if this could be done, would be cool!:cool: I would be prol the only person who had one and Im just plain curious how it would perfrom and handle....:D

airheadedduner
11-26-2003, 11:09 AM
actually, that is the plan in the spring is a 440
About time:p
I am very happy with my 440. Done right you will be amazed with the difference. I need to get pics of mine killing R's, yfzs, preds, ect. off the line. No one seems to belive that an EX can be that fast:rolleyes: Mine is actully kind of mild. There are some really fast exs out there:macho

QuadJunkies
11-26-2003, 12:03 PM
About time:p
I am very happy with my 440. Done right you will be amazed with the difference. I need to get pics of mine killing R's, yfzs, preds, ect. off the line. No one seems to belive that an EX can be that fast:rolleyes: Mine is actully kind of mild. There are some really fast exs out there:macho lol. I know its taken some time. Right now Im trying to get the suspention up to par before I kill myself :o :p A-Arms and a few other small things. If I had more $$ I would have had something done awhile back

dirtmomma
11-26-2003, 02:20 PM
Heck I just wanna see Troy pushing his aaround the track LMFAO!!!:p

airheadedduner
11-26-2003, 11:17 PM
A-Arms and a few other small things.
I am using durablue wheel spacers on the front and a durablue axle. The spacers are a PAIN to put on front but work very good for the cost. I have been beating the crap out of them and they are still like new. Heck, I have bent the axle already(2 races) and the spacers are holding up fine and not coming loose. I have found the EX stock rear shock to be way to firm. If I where you I would look into the quadshop elka rebuild, it is resonably priced. I think I have read that you race TT, you dune with the bike too right? The elka setup would work good for both. A set of works fronts and you would be good to go.

QuadJunkies
11-27-2003, 12:01 AM
I am using durablue wheel spacers on the front and a durablue axle. The spacers are a PAIN to put on front but work very good for the cost. I have been beating the crap out of them and they are still like new. Heck, I have bent the axle already(2 races) and the spacers are holding up fine and not coming loose. I have found the EX stock rear shock to be way to firm. If I where you I would look into the quadshop elka rebuild, it is resonably priced. I think I have read that you race TT, you dune with the bike too right? The elka setup would work good for both. A set of works fronts and you would be good to go. yes I sand ride and race, I just bought a set of Works triple rates with Rezzies fro my fronts and had my rear rebuilt, I had all three shocks blown :o . The rear was soooooooo bad,it was so spongy on the MX track... I have an A-Arm setting here in my house Im REALLY wanting to buy it just got PC they are +2 JD performance A-Arms,tie rods, ball joints, and steel braided brake lines for a price I cant refuse:cool: . Now if I cant just find a way to pay for them:( I also got last month a +1 LSR chomly Anti vibe steering stem.......

batgeek
11-27-2003, 02:06 AM
why waste yer time with a Pred motor....if yer gonna spend the $$$, go get a KTM 520EXC engine.

QuadJunkies
11-27-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
why waste yer time with a Pred motor....if yer gonna spend the $$$, go get a KTM 520EXC engine. someone correct meif Im wrong ,but wasnt the Predator based off the KTM 520 dirt bike motor??? I thought I read or heard this when it first come out, and Daryl Rath was alot to do with (like two years worth) of the design of the Predator.:)

dirtmomma
11-27-2003, 08:39 PM
HAHA when we bought our "bucket O blaster" they had taken & put a KTM 540 in that!!!:eek2: Can you imagine LMAO!! WE had to do some frame work to it & it's all back to it's old self now :)

QuadJunkies
11-27-2003, 08:58 PM
Hey Kymmers~~ did you have a good Thanksgiving? I ate so much that I should have no problems keeping my tires planted for tomorrows race........LOL:o :p

LTandRaptorider
11-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey Kymmers~~ did you have a good Thanksgiving? I ate so much that I should have no problems keeping my tires planted for tomorrows race........LOL:o :p

OMG!!! :eek2: You're going to race tomorrow, after the big feast??!! I'm having trouble rolling my fat @ss out of this chair just to go to bed!! Wish I could ride tomorrow... I have to work. :(

Good luck, be safe! ;)

QuadJunkies
11-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
OMG!!! :eek2: You're going to race tomorrow, after the big feast??!! I'm having trouble rolling my fat @ss out of this chair just to go to bed!! Wish I could ride tomorrow... I have to work. :(

Good luck, be safe! ;) yuppers:D my sreies starts tomorrow, time to burn off some of this food! Anyone have a stomach pump?:o