PDA

View Full Version : air mixture screw question.....

hondarider2006
11-23-2003, 11:29 PM
I have the dyno jet kit, and I went with what the booklet thing says. I went 3.5 turns out on the mixture screw, and it runs great, in the summer that is. Now that its winter, its about +10-20 outside, and it won't idle worth crap. It will idle when the bike has been inside a warm garage, and I first start it, but after riding it for a while, and than letting it sit outside, it won't idle worth anything. Do I need to go in or out on my mixture screw, or is there somthing else? Thanks for any help.
-Nick-

Geoff Thomas
11-23-2003, 11:52 PM
With it being a lot colder out it is running leaner. You will need to turn the fuel screw out to richen it up. You want it out to the point that it idles the highest then adjust the idle screw accrodingly. If you have to have the screw turned way out like 4-5 turns then you might need to go up one size on the pilot jet to get it back in spec.

cals400ex
11-24-2003, 12:36 PM
i don't think you are suppose to go out farther than 3.5 turns or so. i would go buy a 40 or 42 pilot and that should help out. i know, these bikes seem to be cold blooded.