PDA

View Full Version : GNCC expansion?

foxracingpredat
11-23-2003, 09:47 PM
I was just wondering what some of you GNCC racers feel about the expansion of the Series to move out West or even about new tracks in the East, South, or North? I just emailed the following to Racer Productions to see if they had any thoughts of having a race or two in Midwest..Would most of you GNCC racers like to see another race (besides the IRONMAN in Indiana) in the Midwest?

Racer Productions,
I was reading the 2004 GNCC Schedule and some 2003 results today and was wondering if you have ever considered of trying to have some more races more Northern or in the Midwest. Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota have some very devoted racers and some very nice woods and tracks. Also, if you look through GNCC results and listen to hype, the Ironman in Indiana is probably the largest GNCC. It also gathers the most spectators and racers! A drive to Wisconsin for most racers would be shorter than heading all the way down to Florida or Texas. Also, with all of the ideas lately about expanding the series, it might be good to include the Midwest because it would drag a whole new set of riders to the races. I know many people from the midwest that would love to compete in GNCC'S but ALL of them are so far away so they dont try to go to the races..All in all i think that having some midwest races in the GNCCS would really help out the series and you will also find out that you could make some really nice tracks up here.
Thanks for your time and fill me in on any information you know about the expansion of the GNCC Series.
Brek Minarik

bradley300
11-23-2003, 11:16 PM
i like the concept but i would rather see seperate east and west series. i think it would be much better for the racers, especially those who have trouble making all of the current races.

i think there is a reason not many californians race the more "eastern" gncc's. ITS EXPENSIVE. so why should be be expected to go to those guys? i say a western xc championship for them.

spincr4hire
11-24-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
i like the concept but i would rather see seperate east and west series. i think it would be much better for the racers, especially those who have trouble making all of the current races.

Yeah, and at the season's end take the top riders from the east and west, and have one last race (East vs. West), in some central US location.

RIDER11X
11-24-2003, 07:35 PM
If they do run another near Indiana, it should be scheduled within a few days of the Ironman, so both can be made in one trip out there. Similar to the Florida, and Georgia races.

Ryan
11-24-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bradley300

i think there is a reason not many californians race the more "eastern" gncc's. ITS EXPENSIVE. so why should be be expected to go to those guys? i say a western xc championship for them.

I like that idea! Its hard enough for the regular amatures to make it to all the races in the east, so it would be impossible for most of them to go out west. Even though you still could use it as one of your throw aways.

foxracingpredat
11-24-2003, 09:47 PM
the east and west is a good idea but its still screwing the midwest region. instead of having two series maybe it would be even better to have four...i think they should have east, north, south, and west so more people can compete in the series..if 4 is too many than they should have some more races in the central US and than give a few more throw outs...also i agree with RIDER11X that maybe they could have some more of the races that are close to together a couple days apart or just weekends apart..i would never drive all the way to florida from wisconsin for a race unless the schedule is like it is and has georgia a couple of days later. i think they should have the mchenry maryland race the same week as either High point of rausch creek beacuse that is such a long drive for most also.

bradley300
11-24-2003, 10:17 PM
maybe just split the country int east, central and west?