PDA

View Full Version : pep or works shocks

sieg400ex
02-12-2002, 07:19 PM
I know that you hear this all the time probally but I'm kind of confused here. Which shocks would be good for overall trail and play riding with a little bit of novice racing. Will the woks triple rate with rezzis be better than the Pep standard with rezzis. Or are they about the same in performance. I know that the Peps are about $100 more but are they worth the extra cash. Any response would be appriciated.

Thanks

400MXer
02-12-2002, 09:21 PM
PEP all the way

02-14-2002, 09:21 AM
hey, if you don't plan to race a class or higher get the works. alot of people on the site will tell you how pepes are the best but not alot of the people on the site should be needing them...they get them cause the pros run them..it sounds to me though that works shocks will work for you

QuadRacer041
02-14-2002, 12:40 PM
i kinda agree with lrd, performance wise in my OPINION pep makes the best shock. but like he said, for the type of riding you want to do works will suit your needs.

this is the type of riding im into and my PEP's work for me evrytime.

JabberJaw
02-14-2002, 12:47 PM
I'm going to need some shocks that mount to your rear..since I fall off my bike in mid air alot...

400exRacerX
02-14-2002, 01:36 PM
I have works triple rate fronts with rezzies and they work fine for a B class rider. I'm not too sure about racing A class with works though.

02-14-2002, 01:56 PM
My brother races 'c' class with the Works triple rate (no rezzies) and has never had a problem.

If you are not a serious racer, save your money and get the Works.

400exRacerX
02-14-2002, 02:04 PM
You can be a very aggresive racer and still ride on works shocks, it all depends on who valves them. I have my buddie Rich Buckley (pro gnc racer) valve my shocks and they worked a thousand imes better than out of the box (supposely setup for my riding conditions and wieght). Even though works quotes that there shocks come setup for you, if you have them revalved by a person who knows what they are doing you can get alot more performance out of the shock.

trx400ex
02-14-2002, 02:51 PM
hes not talking about the zps peps,,,, they are prpbably not necisary for the riding you do,,,, the 600 peps are what i have,, they are better than my friends works triples with rezzys..

like 400ex racer said its alot about valving, but i dont know anyone that could revalve shocks for me, id have to send them somewhere like baldwin or sumething,, i just did that with my peps(they aint new) and it was 300$ do that with works and youve already spent enough to get zps almost...unless you know a friend who can give you a deal

i wish i would have waited to get the zps

sieg400ex
02-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Hey thanks everyone for your replys I realy appreciate it. All your information is very usefull.:) I think i am going towards works. Thanks again.

sieg400ex
02-14-2002, 04:01 PM
Hey, whats the difference between the pep race series and the limited mass shocks anyway. Is it the shaft or something.

James70214
02-14-2002, 04:26 PM
400exracerx It is ood that he set your shocks up good because he set my friends axis shocks up crappy. He had to have someone from duncan do them for him.

400exRacerX
02-14-2002, 07:16 PM
Did he just recently set them up? And were they a new pair of shocks? Because he said he wasn't gonna put alot of time into them. But as for me he did a great job on my shocks. And he also did a great job gussetting my frame too. Whats your name?

And 300$ is outragous for revalving, marcums does it for $85 and I can get mine done for $40 from rich.

barbwire44
02-15-2002, 04:40 AM
Ohlins are a nice choice for play riding/racing. I have only rode on mine a few times but the difference from stock was unbeleivable.:devil

James70214
02-15-2002, 08:06 AM
They were brand new axis shocks. Maybe it was just a fluke thing. Oh well. Are you going to the open practice at Diamond back? I think it is like March 13th or something.

Dave400ex
02-15-2002, 02:53 PM
Man. This is Hard. I can`t make up my mind between the Works or PEP ZPS. I know I really don`t need the PEP ZPS, but what`s wrong with having the Best? I have never had to think this Hard in my Life. Help.

mrusk
02-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Warriorman i know what your going through. I cant decided what to buy for my 88 R. I end up changing my mind 2 or 3 times a week. Man, i cant belive how hard to decided what to buy really is! I ahve trouble sleeping at night!

Matt

James70214
02-15-2002, 05:48 PM
Matt
Sounds like you got some problems. Try sleeping with your hands above the covers at night. J/K

Dave400ex
02-15-2002, 06:48 PM
It is really hard. I am now going Between Elka or PEP. I think for the Price difference and how quick I can get the Elka`s, they are looking good. I will have to wait and see what Gabe thinks.

NJ300ex
02-15-2002, 07:27 PM
warriorman, get the best. I always say that you should buy the best instead of buying some crappy thing and replacing it later. Also get what you really want and don't compromise.

Dave400ex
02-15-2002, 07:37 PM
I wanted PEP, but I don`t think I want to wait that long to get my Shocks. If Gabe thinks his PEP ZPS are a lot better then his Elka`s, then I will get the PEP`s.

R-Crazy
02-15-2002, 10:10 PM
get the elkas. personally, i dont have them, but ive ridden in quads with both and the elka fell the same, and for 150-200 bucks less, you cant go wrong.

dave

BigBore81
02-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Don't waste your time with the pep shocks i mean don't get me wrong they are good and alll but they are just plain OUTDATED works will be plenty good for you but if you have the extra money and wanna save money in the long run i would say get AXIS Only the best :-)

Dave400ex
02-17-2002, 07:57 PM
I have always wanted PEP, but Elka is really looking good to me. They are better than Works, just as good as PEP, and almost as good as Axis. Plus the Price is Lower and I could have them a lot Faster. Sounds like Winners to me. What do all you guys think?

400MXer
02-17-2002, 08:21 PM
PEP's are outdated....i think not. they are way more advanced than works, works is like PEP shocks 10 years ago. PEP's innovation and supirior valving, has made them the number one choice to pro's. I'm not saying anything bad about axis, yes they are awsome...but, pep's are also, top of the line shocks and they are a bit cheaper.

BigBore81
02-18-2002, 10:13 AM
i never said pep was outdted to works i said pep was just outdated pep is definately better than works i was just saying go with more innovated shocks like axis or elkas but if your not a crazy ridr works is plenty good

QuadRacer041
02-18-2002, 11:38 AM
so tell me why elka and axis are so much more innovative then pep's, because last time i checked id say that 60% of the pro's use pep 39%use axis and only 1% use elka, and dont give me some crap that pep just gives there shocks away for free to pro's and are always at races to help there riders, because axis does the same thing, and if elka wants to start selling some shocks they will be doing it too. the money they loose giving shocks to pro's is a drop in a hat for them.
are elka and axis more innovative because they are newer company's and also more expensive.

from your signiture it looks like you got alot of work done to your bike, you got any pics of you in action putting your shocks to use????

i hate to come off as a wise *** but i just dont like it when people diss the brands i use, as you can tell by looking at my photo page im not some BENCH rider.if a certain brand is so outdated i find it hard to believe that so many are that dumb to keep using them.

BigBore81
02-18-2002, 02:08 PM
Hey is obvious everyone on here likes PEP like i said nothing wrong with them but hey everyone has there own opinion maybe if you read what i wrote i said PEP was a great shock i am just going by what a couple of dealers told me thats the reason i bought aXis

Dave400ex
02-18-2002, 02:09 PM
PEP is just as Good as Axis. I agree with 400MXer and Quad041. All the Top Pro`s still run PEP. I would like to get PEP`s, but I don`t think I can wait that Long to get my Shocks. The Elka`s are a little bit Cheaper and if I got a Elka Rear Conversion I could have it back in 3 Weeks at the Most. That`s why so many people are getting Elka. I really don`t know what to get, Elka or PEP? For the Riding I do, Hard Play Riding, Some Jumping, and Fast/Racing through the Woods I don`t think I need PEP. So, should I just Spend that little Bit more Money and wait for the PEP`s, or Spend less Money and get the Elka`s Faster? Please don`t say anything Stupid. I mean I`m not a Pro, do I really need PEP ZPS? If not, I want Elka. Please Help.

02-18-2002, 02:37 PM
I think works would work fer ya just fine,,but it sounds like your set on a higher end set of shocks. I've hit jumps as big as quad041's hitting in his pic and the works soak it up just fine,,but its up to you on how much you wanna spend..:(

Dave400ex
02-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Yeah I am going for a More Expensive Pair of Shocks. I think I will get Elka. They are Better than Works, Just as Good as PEP, and almost as Nice as Axis. Plus they are Cheaper than Most of the other Brands and I can get the Shocks very fast.

QuadRacer041
02-19-2002, 05:16 AM
so how bout some pics bigbore!

400MXer
02-19-2002, 01:44 PM
hey BigBore81, i'm gonna let you in on a little secret, do you know why those dealers were talking up axis like that....it's because they are expensive and wanted you to spend a bunch of money at their dealer.

And i still don't understand why you say PEP's are outdated. PEP set the standard for shocks, and now, probly has the best ZPS system out.

Oh yeah, i know why, some sales man (because sales people are always loyal and want you to make the right purchase) told you and THAT's how it is, no exceptions.

BigBore81
02-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Dumba** Its a good thing your so smart i don't know what we would do without especially since i paid as much as you would pay for PEP :-) If it were that way they would have talked me into pep but since i didn't pay what you guys would pay that wouldn't be true ok numbnuts

Oh yeah and if i had pics i would post them i don't have pics all i have is video

400MXer
02-19-2002, 04:30 PM
But my nuts aren't numb. I can feel them!!!:D

Easy killer, all i was saying is that axis ARE more expensive then PEP. you can't deny that.

Foxrage
02-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Now guys no fighting we all know that if you bolt up those car shocks you can hit any jump. They are both awsome shocks and would take either one. my dealer said olhins is the best so dont ever listen yo your dealers unless hes your best friend.

400exRacerX
02-19-2002, 04:34 PM
IF any shock was outdated it would be axis shocks, they still haven't figured out how to make a zps shock. And who has the current best zps shock out??? I think that would be PEP.:D

James70214
02-19-2002, 06:29 PM
Axis has the zero preload design that works awesome. They just don't advertise it. You just tell them when you order them that you want them valved for zero preload. That is what I did and they turned out awesome.

Dave400ex
02-19-2002, 06:35 PM
Axis and PEP are both Good. I don`t know why you Guys are Fighting. Any Shocks are better than Stock.

BigBore81
02-19-2002, 08:44 PM
ALL SHOCKS ARE GOOD!! My axis are zero preload axis just doesn't call it a zero preload system And yes i would have to agree if you are a normal consumer buying shocks AXIS is more expensive than PEP :-)

QuadRacer041
02-20-2002, 04:35 AM
i guess with all the factory support you get your shocks cheap huh,
with all that money you saved on shocks you should go buy a digital cam so us NORMAL guys can see what its like to be you!

QuadRacer041
02-20-2002, 04:37 AM
o yeah if you buy a good digital cam you can even show us some of your awsome video footage

02-20-2002, 10:07 AM
calm down guys,,,,,,it's all ok,,,I think my works are the best shocks ever made...and to be honest I jumped over the moon with them and they didn't even bottom out..:D :D

BigBore81
02-20-2002, 10:15 AM
i never said i get factory support i said i get deals on them and other stuff i have a digital camera already

QuadRacer041
02-20-2002, 10:18 AM
so dont be shy lets see some pics

mrusk
02-20-2002, 12:23 PM
In my opioion pep and Axis are equally as good, and the decided favctor to which one is BETTER is personal opioion. I've talked to some shops that sell both pep and axis and heard pep was better even tho pep was cheaper. Then i also talked to shop that didnt sell axis and the told me axis was the best.

It all coems down to personal opioion.

Dave400ex
02-20-2002, 02:05 PM
I agree. Getting Shocks comes down to which Brand you like Better. PEP and Axis are Great, I think they should watch out for Elka though, Elka will be up there. If I got PEP ZPS Shocks I would never Jump as High as Quad041. I just want to Race XC. Maybe BigBore81 isn`t as Crazy like some of the Guys on here.

BigBore81
02-20-2002, 05:12 PM
YES YOU GOT IT LOOK TO THE LEFT UNDER MY NAME :-)
<-----------

BigBore81
02-20-2002, 05:16 PM
i WILL AGREE PEP AND AXIS ARE PRETTY MUCH THE SAME IT ALL COMES DOWN TO PREFERENCE ALL I TOLD YOU GUYS IS WHAT SOME DEALERS TOLD ME AND ALL OF A SUDDEN EVERYONE HAD TO BITE MY HEAD OFF :-) NOW COME ON CUT ME SOME SLACK I'M JUST HERE TO SHARE MY OPINION LIKE EVERYONE ELSE NOT TO ARGUE ABOUT STUPID S**t LIKE SHOCKS

JUST GIVE ME SOLID BARS FOR SHOCKS AND I'M GOOD!
SHOCKS ARE FOR WUSSIES

mrusk
02-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Warriorman if your going to race XC you might want to consider axis more. It seems that most of the XC guys are running axis over pep. But i think duvuall is running elka this year.

matt

Dave400ex
02-20-2002, 07:37 PM
I wanted to get Axis at first, but Gabe told me he wasn`t all that happy with the Axis Shocks he was testing. Plus I need something cheaper. I was going back and forth between Elka and PEP, but by time I have the money to get either one of the Shocks there should be some Top Guys running Elka. I really think the Elka`s are a good deal. I can`t wait 3 Months to get PEP Shocks, because I am getting a Rear Conversion done to my Stock Rear Shock. There is no way I am not Riding for 3 Months, a Week is hard enough. The Elka Conversion is cheaper and I can get it back in 3 Weeks at the most. Elka sounds good to me. When I get the Money for Shocks, I will ask one more time, but I think Elka will Work for me.

EXtreme-
02-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Warrior Man,
You stated that you want aftermarket shocks to impove your "overall trail and play riding and novice racing needs". I hate to see you waste all the extra money that could be applied to other areas of your machine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with Works Performance shocks. Yes, the others may be better, but if you're not demanding high-tech performance out of your shocks, why spend boocoo bucks on high-tech shocks?

Take a look at Rico...he's running them and not only races on a regular basis, but gets some sickning air too! That should attest for something.....no?

You need to make a decision based on what your future is with your quad. An honest look in the mirror will tell you how much or what kind to buy. A set of custom axis will not make you any more skilled than a less expensive pair. Spend the cash where it will you can get your best bang for your buck! Let's face it....most of us will never kiss the trophy girl :(

Also, the advertising market is a multi-million dollar business. All the big shot riders get paid to run products on their machines. You and I have to buy them with hard earned cash. Sounds like you've been influenced by some of these sponsered rides....if so, the companys have done their job!

Not that it matters, but heres a pic of my full set of Works......Steelers and Ultracross. I beat the snot out of my EX and I've never regretted having these shocks.

02-20-2002, 11:26 PM
i'm not gonna say this the nice way so here it goes...some of you need to pull you head out of your @$$ and realize your not pro's and don't need the best. unless your gonna be racing every weekend or hitting huge doubles all the time works shocks will be good. It's not about how much is in to your bike but how good you can ride it.

QuadRacer041
02-21-2002, 06:31 AM
warriorman,
i think for what your riding will consist of works will suit your needs, but dont forget, being able to soke up big jumps is not only what shocks are for,,,,, its how they rebound threw whoops, corner, how your bike sits(lower to the ground with a ZPS type shock) which makes a big differnce in handiling and how fast you can get on the gas out of corners and stuff.
if you notice alot of bikes that have works shocks or a non ZPS style shocks sit very high, especially if they are valved stiff for jumping. this greatly effects the handling on straight and corners.
like i said its NOT all about being able to hit huge jumps, any shock that is valved pretty good and has a good jump rider on the bike will perform good on even big jumps. most of it has to do with the landing, if you know how to angle your bike and how to work the throttle that makes a big difference.
even in xc you need a shock that will corner well and rebound good threw ruff turran changes.

here is my bike when it had work shocks on it notice how high it sits.

QuadRacer041
02-21-2002, 06:33 AM
this is my bike now with ZPS shocks, see how low it sits

QuadRacer041
02-21-2002, 06:35 AM
o yeah, dont pay attention to the stock left front tire in that first pic...
i had gotten tangled up with a freind of mine riding and was waiting for my new tire.

Dave400ex
02-21-2002, 02:08 PM
I think the Works would work good for me, but I want to have Zero Preload. I know I`m not a Pro and never will be, but I still want good Shocks. Everybody says Shocks are the Best Improvement you can make to a Quad, I don`t want to just buy the Cheapest Shocks. Everybody wants the Best, but most of us can`t afford to Spend the Money on Axis Shocks. I think Elka is right in the middle of all the Companies. They are not the Best, but they are not the Worst. That`s why I chose Elka. I`m really not sure, Works would be good, but I would rather Spend a little more for Elka so I can have Zero Preload.

mrusk
02-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Warriorman- Dont look at the wait for pep as a bad thing, but as a good thing. You may not have 900 for shocks right now. Order them anyway and just get the money in 8-10 weeks. You dont pay for them until they come in.

matt

Dave400ex
02-22-2002, 02:54 PM
That is a Good Idea. I thought about doing that, but it would still not Help me with the Rear Conversion. There is no way I am not Riding for 8-10 Weeks.

Foxrage
02-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Ya me too no way im waiting forever so im just gettin the elka all around it willl save me some money too.

Dave400ex
02-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Yeah I think I will get the Elka Triple Rate, Comp Adj, SSD Fronts, and the Elka Rear Conversion. I think that is the same Setup Kabd69667 has. That`s the one I want.

mrusk
02-22-2002, 05:30 PM
Call Baldwin! PEP rebuild 2 weeks!

matt

Dave400ex
02-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Does that Include the ZPS Rear Conversion for the 400EX? That`s not Bad if it does. I`m still not sure about waiting for the Front Shocks though. If it`s only 2 Weeks for a ZPS Rear Shock Conversion I will look at PEP again, but right now Elka is getting my Money. Another good thing about Elka is they are Cheaper.

02-22-2002, 11:18 PM
DUDE...jst get the elkas.yoiu don't need peps and i am tierd of replying to this thread..not trying to be a d*ck but make your mind up and stick with it..you know the elkas are good so get them

QuadRacer041
02-23-2002, 04:54 AM
warriorman did you mean that your getting your rear shock coverted????????????
if so you will not have to wait that long because if you send the rear in for a convertion they will build your fronts at the same time the wait is like half as long, thats what they did for me. the wait time for 3 shocks was like 3 months but he said if i got the convertion done it would only be like 5 weeks for the new fronts and the convertion.
call pep direct to find out.

PEP #909-590-4111

Dave400ex
02-23-2002, 09:40 AM
LRD TRX416EX, If you don`t like Replying then why did you? When you are Spending over a Thousand Dollars you want to make sure you get what you want.

Quad041, Yeah if I get PEP I`m going to have them Convert my Rear to ZPS. Don`t you have the Rear Conversion on your 250R? Baldwin told me he cannot Convert the Stock 250R Rear to ZPS? I think that is Crap. My Brother wants to Convert his 250R Rear to ZPS, so he wants to know about that. Where did you get your Shocks? I might have to call PEP and ask some Questions.

kabd69667
02-23-2002, 11:53 AM
I don't think the elka conversion takes long either....its just the shipping to get it there and back that takes a while. The elka rear conversion is probably one of or THE BEST rear conversion of a rear shock in the business. It's also only $275!! that has to be the cheapest zps conversion. If i had the choice to get shocks again, i wouldn't go any different. Elka all the way

mrusk
02-23-2002, 02:07 PM
WarriorMan when u call PEP and ask about your brothers 250r rear shock rebuild let me know what they say.

matt

Dave400ex
02-23-2002, 03:46 PM
Yeah I will call PEP next Week and ask about the 250R Rear Conversion and see How Fast I can get my Stock Rear Shock back if I send it to them for the ZPS Conversion. If PEP says it will take a Long Time then I will be going with Elka for sure.

mrusk
02-24-2002, 09:28 AM
Yea i think i am going to call PEP tommror about my rear shock. I think i have my mind made up on a houser Long travel fornt end with tripe tate comp. adj axis. But since axis doesn't revavle stockers i will send it to pep if i can get it back in 3 weeks or less.

matt

Dave400ex
02-24-2002, 09:36 AM
Let me know what they say. Are you going to ask about Converting the Rear to ZPS? If you are going to have PEP Rebuild the Rear I would just get PEP ZPS Fronts too.

400MXer
02-24-2002, 03:40 PM
shouldn't be much more than 10days before i will get my shocks and a arms. HOPEFULLY

Dave400ex
02-24-2002, 07:01 PM
Your 400EX (416EX) is going to look Sweet. Man I wish I had all the Money to Mod mine out like yours is. I want to see Pictures of it when it`s done for sure. When is your Motor going to be Back?

400MXer
02-24-2002, 07:40 PM
any day now!!!! i talked to bud fischer on wed. and he said it was almost done, should be done by this week. so i'm expecting a call tomorrow. and my a arms and shocks are gonna be here in about 2 weeks.

Foxrage
02-24-2002, 07:43 PM
I want to see a pic too. I dont want to wait forever so im gettin the laeger a-arms red w/ chrome top elka fornt triple rate and rear conversion and lonestar axle.

400MXer
02-24-2002, 10:49 PM
the a arms aren't what's taking so long, my shocks are. The a arms were done in 3 weeks. all they are waiting on now is the shocks.

Dave400ex
02-25-2002, 02:06 PM
You should of had Baldwin send you the A-Arms when he got them. Then you could of had them on and ready to go, so when you got the Shocks all you had to do is Put them on.

NACS400EX, that will be a Cool Setup. I think the Elka`s will be Very Nice. I would get a RPM Axle though. I think they are the Best Axle and you can get one for around $370.

I want to get Shocks right now. Then I`m not sure. I might just go ahead and get Rims and Tires so all the Expensive stuff I want is off my List. Then do some Motor Mods. There is just so Much Stuff I want, but not Enough Money.

400MXer
02-25-2002, 02:16 PM
yeah, i agree with WarriorMan. The RPM axle is the BEST axle out. and if you really want some strength, get the dominator II. It's supposed to be SUPER DOOPER strong. but i don't think you need that, unless your dana creech, or travis cain.

Dave400ex
02-25-2002, 02:24 PM
How much is that Dominator II Axle?

How much was your RPM Axle?

400MXer
02-25-2002, 02:30 PM
the dominator II is like $650 or so.

I paid 420 for mine, i got the race sprocket hub, instead of the standard hub. The difference is the race hub is stronger and i think it looks nicer, BUT, my friend has a dominator with the regular hub, and he hasn't had a single problem with it. So he saved about $30.

Foxrage
02-25-2002, 02:47 PM
I want the rpm but im like you warrior man im saven up also well right now im just sellin the bayou. Im in the 2100 range so the axle is 320, 50 for lock nut , 600 a-arms, 750 for shocks, 275 for rear conversion and some other odds and ends i need to get. plus the lonestar should do fine. i only weigh 100 pounds i dont think ill break it.

mrusk
02-25-2002, 02:51 PM
Nacs- Dont be cheap and get the 50 dollor locknut, you really need a antifade. Someone explained to me why they are so much better but i just cant remember now.

matt

Dave400ex
02-25-2002, 02:59 PM
If you only Weigh 100 Pounds a Lonestar Axle will be Fine. The Anti-Fade Locknut would be the Best, but it is also real Expensive.

Mrusk, did you call PEP Today?

mrusk
02-25-2002, 03:20 PM
Yes.

No zps for mx on a 250r rear shocks.

revaling and rebuild will cost 150 and anodizing is 50.

2-3 week wait. I should be sending mine out this week.

matt

Dave400ex
02-25-2002, 03:33 PM
That Sucks, my Brother is not going to be Happy. If he gets ZPS Fronts it will look Weird. I guess he will have to ask Baldwin what to do then.

400MXer
02-25-2002, 03:53 PM
i have a $50 rad locknut and it works awsome. hasn't loosened up yet. I know a guy with a lonestar antifade nut, and he has to tighten it all the time so it doesn't come loose.

the anti-fade is supposed to be better because the brake calliper is connected to it so it's supposed to disapate heat better, adn there are some other things. But i saved $150 dollars by buying a rad nut, and it serves the purpose. that's a steering stabalizer, a new beadlock rim, 3 new tires, a carbon fiber hood, a set of OEM honda 400ex plastic, ect.

400MXer
02-25-2002, 03:55 PM
nacs- your only 100lbs....damn....how old are you? the last time i weighed 100lbs, was in jr. high.

James70214
02-25-2002, 05:49 PM
Nacs
You better start eating your wheaties.

Foxrage
02-25-2002, 06:21 PM
Im 14 9th grade and about 5'4". I did eat me wheaties seriously

mrusk
02-25-2002, 07:45 PM
Nacs why in the world do u need to buy shocks when ur that size??!?!

matt

Dave400ex
02-25-2002, 07:54 PM
NACS will get Bigger some day and want some Racing Shocks. It`s his Money. I`m sure a 100 Pound Kid could Bottom Out the 400EX Shocks. I can`t wait to see his 400EX when he gets all this Stuff.

mrusk
02-25-2002, 08:08 PM
Warriorman, i know i was just busting on him. And those zps shocks help with more than just jumping!

matt

400exRacerX
02-25-2002, 08:08 PM
I have a 50 dollar speed racing axle lock nut and it works great, Rico has the same nut. I don't get what you meen "they don't work". They work great and is the best bang for your buck.

Dave400ex
02-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Mrusk, I know you were just Joking. I was just saying that he will get Bigger. The ZPS Shocks will help in all Kinds of Ways. The 400EX will Sit Lower, Corner Better, and Help do other Things Better too.

02-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by mrusk
Nacs- Dont be cheap and get the 50 dollor locknut, you really need a antifade. Someone explained to me why they are so much better but i just cant remember now.

matt

Antifad's are for disappating heat,,,,,,who the heck rides with their brake on,,,if ya got tons of money get one but if money's an issue antifades are a joke if ya ask me,,,,,my speedracing axle nut hasn't come loose and it was $50,,,I sure as heck wouldn't spend almost $200 for something that's gonna reduce heat on my rear brake rotor,,,,I never even use my rear brakes hardly..your payin for looks with antifades more than actuall design and what it's meant for.

James70214
02-26-2002, 03:03 PM
Nacs
Its your money. You should be fine with the 50 dollar one. Don't worry about MRUSK he is only 4foot 11 and weighs 75pounds.JK