View Full Version : 04 Cannondale/ATK's info

Sandgod4
11-23-2003, 08:04 PM
ATK has acquired 40 tons of parts from the bankruptcy.. ATK has also formed an alliance w/ an engine Guru of the Cannondale motors. These motors are very different on the inside. He has trained ATK to perform and due preventive maintanance on the motors. There is a fix for everything that COULD possibly go wrong. Turn around time is about 2-3 days. There will be various kits offered. All will have certain things for certain prices.. ATK will sell new quads w/ ATK decals and build to suit. Standard motors will have 450cc instead of 432cc and come w/ a carb. 432cc motors/cylinders will be offered as rebuilds for the current motors in the field for a reduced cost..The carb won't come till January or so. EFI will still be offered as an option..You can pretty much have whatever you want on the quad.. Engine noise is reduced by 30% on any motor ATK does preventitive maintanance on or any new ATK quad that is bought w/ ATK decals.. Contact www.atkusa.com for your needs...

86350x
11-23-2003, 10:10 PM
Cool:cool: Atk's were always cool bikes, they usually used rotax motors. But were always on the expensive side:grr:

I wonder what they'll run like carborated, compared to efi.

I know on snowmobiles, the carborated version of the exact same motor made MORE hp and was faster in a drag.

Weird huh:confused: :huh

bknight
11-24-2003, 06:03 AM
Engine noise is reduced by 30%
how by doing what to it???

Sandgod4
11-24-2003, 08:16 AM
Wades Wilcoxs idea and he's not telling since it took him two months to figure it out..

jst
11-26-2003, 09:08 PM
clutch basket.several places are sellin' em

Sandgod4
11-26-2003, 10:02 PM
There is five or six things done to reduce the engine noise..

Guy400
11-27-2003, 03:40 AM
That'll be great to see a carb'd version of a Dale. I'm very interested in seeing the performance (gain/loss). If nothing else it reduces the complexity and makes maintenance much easier. Kudos to ATK.

BTW, will the Dinli-Dale still come with EFI when they go on sale next summer?

bknight
11-27-2003, 01:34 PM

yes from what i got out of the info from them

YamaWarr0121
11-27-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by bknight

yes from what i got out of the info from them

yeah, also with a completely new case, no more oil in the frame:( , so that means wet sump, and slightly lighter frame with a slightly heavier engine basically, the frames going to be one solid cast piece instead of about 30 pieces welded together, and it is going to have a lot more power, no reliability problmes, and soposivly about 60-70% quieter..

id rather have the atk:macho

but much more, id rather have the quad i got in my garage right now:cool: