PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket 400ex suspension

brandon025
11-23-2003, 05:27 PM
I want to upgrade my suspension on my 400ex and I am on a budget....I think I want to buy used, probably Works tripple rates w/ or w/o rezzies. I'm not sure if I need the rezzies though, I heard that w/ and w/o perform about the same, but w/o rezzies the shocks will heat up and fade faster, but I don't race and I dont need top of the line stuff. Will tripple rates w/o rezzies be a big improvement over stock? I have also heard that you can buy rezzies seperately and add them on later, if I decide that I need them. Do I need to change the rear shock at all? Thanks.

11-23-2003, 06:25 PM
i have had my works w/o rezzies for over 3 months now & they are still performing great & i have rode the piss out of them. I am now trying to get a rear shock to match the performance of these babys. now they may not be the best shockson the marker or whatever but I do think they are the best bang for the buck. heres a pic. of mine installed. ;) http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p23acf08a6c6475ba18ad12d5ccc86c2f/fa7efbe7.jpg

Dave400ex
11-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Elka also offers a lower line of shocks, that still have many good features, and can have the rezzies added later on. You may want to check those out.