PDA

View Full Version : rear brakes

Jimford
11-23-2003, 07:48 AM
I just put new rear brake pads on my 400ex two monthes ago. They are already down to the metal. My rotor isn't bad either. Am I just favoring the rear brakes too much or what? How much do you guys pay for pads. I paid $48.00 for mine at a Honda dealership. I remember pads being only $20-25. Can I order them cheaper including shipping? :D

toby400ex
11-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Id say 2 months is a good life for rear brake pads, i dont think ive ever had mine last that long. But I race XC, and it tends to be muddy sometimes. Mud eats brake pads, one day i hadjust put brand new brake pads on and by the end of riding for maybe 3 hours they were down the bare metal. If u are paying that much for brake pads go somewhere else, like rockymountainATV.

trailburner
11-23-2003, 09:17 AM
E-bay.....I bought some for like $30 for "two sets" & they are holding up very good!!!!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
11-23-2003, 12:26 PM
It will depend on the pad and the riding conditions. I have had stock pads on my bike forever then we went to WestVirginia and I went thru a set of pads in a day (the riding conditions were muddy and wet, not what we are used to) I have been happy with the DP pads. they run about $30.