Aug 22th Sun Newark
Sept 4th Sat Kahoka
Oct 2nd Sat Flat River, Mudders

Sat start time is 12:30
Sun start time is 8:30
The Blaster class has been enlarged to:
0-200 2-stroke/0-300 4-stroke and named the 2234 class
New class:
4-stroke stock: The following items must be stock or not changed from the orginial quad: stock frame, a-arms, swingarm, gas tank, stock exhaust with the spark arrester in place, shocks, carb(jetting can be changed), and engine. Note, I might have left out an item, but I think that you get the idea of what can be changed and not changed.
You will notice that there is only 9 races this year. Three promoters are setting out this year that have raced atv's before and one is only doing bike's. This race is going to be the same weekend as Loretta Lynn's, so no big lost. I didn't list the bike only races.

toby400ex
11-23-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the info:)

79400ex
11-23-2003, 07:57 PM
it looks like I will be going to florida this year. This is a very short schediule for atvs in Missouri. I see who control this series the bikes.what happen to columbia?

tprender
11-24-2003, 06:07 AM
MXP, MTRA, and Sedalia are setting out this year. That is why there are less races. The bikes are only having 14 races. Nasty Creek are only doing bikes, which is good. He was one of the people that didn't want or vote for the 2 new classes. The hardest class to get was the 200/300 class. Greg and me will be watching or checking the stock class at the races with the riders who ride in the class. the average for the year was just over 100 riders for each race.

cinigen9
11-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by tprender
MXP, MTRA, and Sedalia are setting out this year. That is why there are less races. The bikes are only having 14 races. Nasty Creek are only doing bikes, which is good. He was one of the people that didn't want or vote for the 2 new classes. The hardest class to get was the 200/300 class. Greg and me will be watching or checking the stock class at the races with the riders who ride in the class. the average for the year was just over 100 riders for each race.

what row will the stock class start on? What level of competition are you expecting for that class?

any additional info on why these promotors dropped quads? I sent you a private message about Show Me State Games wanting to sponsor an event - that would work well for Columbia.

btw, I would trade you one of those hot/dusty summer races for some march mud!!

toby400ex
11-24-2003, 03:01 PM
Aww fudge, i didnt notice MXP was gone, that was one of the closest races and I actually won my class there.:(

tprender
11-24-2003, 05:19 PM
The only one that dropped atv's is Nasty creek. The others are not going to have a race this year, bikes or atv's. They didn't give a reason.

motoboy66
11-24-2003, 11:32 PM
I am going to try and make all the races this year. Hopefully I go on the right day. These races are alot of un and a good time for all. hopefully Santa will be good too me and I will be faster next year, new shocks I hope. Well stay fast all.

Todd

markeg192
11-27-2003, 05:05 PM
That blows, Sedalia was my favorite track.

jgfarmsracer
11-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
it looks like I will be going to florida this year. This is a very short schediule for atvs in Missouri. I see who control this series the bikes.what happen to columbia?

that is so right on who controls the series

all GNCC's for me

jgfarmsracer
11-27-2003, 10:24 PM

what about texas in jan.

jgfarmsracer
11-28-2003, 06:15 PM
so this means if i run some of the mo. races with a new trx450r and not change a thing on it i can enter the new 4-stroke stock class and stomp some butt

kickin440
11-28-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by jgfarmsracer
so this means if i run some of the mo. races with a new trx450r and not change a thing on it i can enter the new 4-stroke stock class and stomp some butt

You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!:D You might have some compitition :devil:

tprender
11-28-2003, 07:29 PM
I think that this is going to be a very hard class to win in. I think that the rider turnout will be very good after the first few races. Some of the other promoters (bike riders) wanted to say that there would be a very small turnout and that it will be hard to police the class. They are bike riders and don't know quads like we do and what to look for. You and I know that this class will be very popular with all of the riders just like when we put in the 4-stroke B class a few years ago. They didn't see a need for it then also.

kickin440
11-28-2003, 07:31 PM
I agree 100% :)

markeg192
11-28-2003, 08:10 PM

Yes you could Jason but, Blanton will probably be in that class Too. You reckon you can handle the competition? J/K

79400ex
11-28-2003, 08:21 PM
what about texas in jan.

I will be. going to texas . :confused: you know who this is?

jgfarmsracer
11-29-2003, 08:21 PM
I will be. going to texas . :confused: you know who this is?

no not right off hand

jgfarmsracer
11-29-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by markeg192
Yes you could Jason but, Blanton will probably be in that class Too. You reckon you can handle the competition? J/K

blanton is fat and slow

and when he runs gncc's he's really slow

markeg192
12-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Now that is funny!!!!!

Johnny & Monica
12-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Jason,

damn boy, are you going to make me get into shape for next year? Well that gives me something to work for hehe. Maybe i can just hook a tie down on your grab bar and hang on until the last 100 yards or so hehe. It's good to have some fun out there while racing. I'm just looking to have fun next year.

The stock class should be set up like the GNCC , shocks without cans for us without or i'm buying Blaze #2

jgfarmsracer
12-01-2003, 09:51 PM
hey mikey looks like i will be hitting all the GNCC's this year

i might hit the three sunday races and possibley kahoka
i'm not to happy about the new Mo. deal
They have had a great series, wish some of the people who put it together knew how good of a series they HAD!!!!!

86atc250r
12-01-2003, 10:08 PM
That's one reason I don't run the MO series - they could care less about the quads, even though they are really a large part of the series. Heck, quad results aren't even good enough to be posted on the main website - what a load of crap.

Maybe the powers that be need a season of very low turnout to open their eyes to what they have. 100 racers per event is a lot of cash for both the promoters and the association.

In Arkansas, we average about 30 quad racers per event. The promoters & series bend over backwards for us - so that's the series I support.

jgfarmsracer
12-01-2003, 10:18 PM
wish i could have made down sat. Had to work

i hear ya!!!!!!!!!!

Spud putts on a great race in marsfield i hate to miss that one.

You all get sponsors for the quads we have to have our scorekeeper get extra money by sellin pots and pans so we can get some good free stuff

That should tell ya where the money goes (bikes)

cinigen9
12-01-2003, 11:10 PM
I have only been around the mhsc a short time, but the quads do seem to be a tolerable thorn for the series.

So what is the answer? How do you generate more respect for the atv racers and promote quad racing in the Midwest? Gabe - can you give us any insight from the ahsc series? Is it the sponsors, board, promoters, irresponsible riders, etc?

What can we do to make the series more "quad friendly"

Personally I am afraid this reflects a broader issue about the public's perception of atvs. Too many people remember the 20/20 segment from the 80's. They picture a guy with a backwards cap, cut off jeans, and a beer in his hand blasting up a serene stream running over endangered parasites!! There was an article in the St Louis Post a few weeks back that most of the local news picked up and then today the Columbia Tribune had an article on atvs. Both of these articles were very negative towards atvs.

markeg192
12-04-2003, 11:00 AM
It does seem that they don't want quads with the way they are doing us. The question is can anything be done to better our situation? I hate to see guys stop going because a smaller turnout will probably make things worse and there may be No quads next year.

86atc250r
12-04-2003, 11:36 AM
The problem I've seen is two fold...

Many bike guys don't like ATVs. Bike guys started these series' years ago. The prejudice is not nearly as bad from the XC crowd as it is from the MX crowd though & with a little bit of working with them, their opinions can be somewhat turned -- Although you will find some "purists" that are mad about singletrack disappearing that will hate quads no matter what.

The other problem is that many of the bike guys feel that they do all the work and the quad guys don't help at all.

My suggestion is that you guys get out there and become involved. Work races, help with scoring, if it's within your means, promote an event. Another important thing you can do is become involved with the inner working of the series itself - look into becoming an officer of the series so you'll have some say in how things work & rulemaking. Two places where this seems to have worked well is in Arkansas and Oklahoma.

If becoming an officer is not an option, try to befriend the officers to discuss issues, show up for meetings (if open to riders), see if you can get any "ATV Representatives", etc...

If the "powers that be" are against helping in that they'll do what they can to keep interested ATVer's distant - then about all you can do is race elsewhere.

With 100 ATV riders showing up per race, you WILL be missed if all the sudden the turnout drops by 80%. That's a lot of money that the series & promoters lose out on.

The "Series" is paid $X for each rider in an event by each individual promoter. When riders go away, everyone takes notice.

With something like 14 rounds @ an average of 100 racers per event & $4 a head (the 2002 rate paid to the series) that adds up to $5600 from ATV racers alone. Do you feel that you are getting in excess of $5000 in representation every year from the series? Is this additional money going straight to the bikes?

Find the MHSC rulebook and read up on how the series is configured from a operational standpoint.

With the turnout you have, you guys have a really good case for being treated better.

cinigen9
12-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Gabe - thanks for the great feedback! I am working on part of it.

The Show Me State Games are sponsoring an mx (bikes) event this year at finger lakes, and they are interested in sponsoring an atv event as well. It is too late to make it a part of the mhsc series, but I am still going to push for it as a stand alone event. Since mhsc is skipping columbia, that seems to be the perfect place to have it. I will be expecting you to show up for this one Gabe!

If any one knows of someone who would be interested in being a race director have them get in contact with me - it is a paying position! Proceeds of the event would go to Show Me State Games, and the event would be open to anyone. They (show me state games) is wanting to expand their sports, and I think this would be a great way to garner some positive press for atvs in the Midwest.

Carson

markeg192
12-04-2003, 01:54 PM
Carson I don't think it would be too late to add a race or two. Last year at the Finger lakes race the Rangers were all bent out of shape because the grass was getting tore up so maybe thats what happened there. I would think if someone had the property and wanted to have a race ,Maybe ATV only, I would think it could be done.
The banquet will be in January and used to be they had a meeting b4 to talk about the series. I think anyone can attend and addressthe officers so maybe that would be a good place to start.

Johnny & Monica
12-04-2003, 02:43 PM
blanton is fat and slow

and when he runs gncc's he's really slow

$ 100.00 pig farmer?

kickin440
12-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by mikeracerx34
$ 100.00 pig farmer?

Hey :mad: Easy on the pig farmer stuff buddy!:D :D

jgfarmsracer
12-04-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by markeg192
Carson I don't think it would be too late to add a race or two. Last year at the Finger lakes race the Rangers were all bent out of shape because the grass was getting tore up so maybe thats what happened there. I would think if someone had the property and wanted to have a race ,Maybe ATV only, I would think it could be done.
The banquet will be in January and used to be they had a meeting b4 to talk about the series. I think anyone can attend and addressthe officers so maybe that would be a good place to start.

the officer, land owner and promoter meeting has already been held that's why there is already a 04 schedule up.

cinigen9
12-04-2003, 09:36 PM
yes, that is correct, it is too late to add it to the mhsc series - we were looking at doing a stand alone event outside of the mhsc series. General consensus is that we would have a hard time drawing racers without it being a part of the series.

It looks like the showme state games event I mentioned earlier will be a mx type race for both quads and bikes and will take place over the summer, probably in june.

mxp (finger lakes) will be back on the list for mhsc 2005. They volunteered to sit out of the 2004 schedule, since there were too many promoters this year.

I wish there was a way to have more than 9 xc races this year, but it looks like we are too late. We will have to get involved earlier next year before all of the decisions are made.

thanks for everyones input and I hope to see you all at the races,
Carson

86atc250r
12-04-2003, 10:09 PM
The schedule may not yet be set in stone - In Arkansas we have already had our year end meeting, but if an event really wanted in the series & we had room for them, they could be accomodated - although, they would have to pick from remaining dates...

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to contact an officer and feel them out.

Johnny & Monica
12-04-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by kickin440
Hey :mad: Easy on the pig farmer stuff buddy!:D :D
Sorry Kevin I know how you love your pig`s an sheep,Just messin with Jason.Tryin to get him to run blanton over this year,This is Johnny.Blanton don`t even have a 100.00 to bet without hitting a couple truck stops on the way to the race lol.Hope you have a good season at the GNCC`S This year Jason maybe me an blanton will see you at a couple or car pool a few.I can only race untill my kid`s season starts but we`re going to the cotton mouth race in ky. this weekend (Blanton`s watching)

tprender
12-05-2003, 06:33 AM
Gaber, there can't be anytmore races added for next year after the meeting date which was in Nov again this year. To have a race you have to be voted in as a promoter and this is only done at that meeting. I tried to get an ATV office for the next year, but the score keeper said that she would take care of any problems that came up during the race. You will find that 3 of the promoters are ATV people. Mo dirt Riders, March of Dimes, and Poor Boys are made up of ATV riders.
If you look at the GNCC for the stock class they can have shocks that have cans or rex's if they came stock on the quad. I asked Jeff Russel about this in Oct when I set up the stock class what they were going to do with the new Honda and Yamha. He told me then that they were going to let it run in the stock class. They might have changed the rules now, but this is what I was told by them in Oct.
Yes I am very un happy with a few of the promoters in the series. Some don't like quads and they vote againest any quad thing. We have come along way from 87 when I first did a Mo race an we only had 20 riders at each race. Then there were only 3 or 4 classes.

powerstroke
04-07-2004, 07:02 PM
I just happened across this old thread........first missouri race at lebanon had a 158 quad turnout.........let the naysayers chew on that :blah: the track was awesome(as usual). looking forward to another great year. Matt Olson A class #13