PDA

View Full Version : College Hoops

balla250ex
11-22-2003, 08:55 PM
Well, I watched a few games today, including my Tar Heels. I was wondering if any of yall were as pumped about College Hoops season getting underway as I am. Who all do you guys pull for??

You should already be able to tell mine. :macho

sportraxrider10
11-22-2003, 09:19 PM
yea college is alright, our basketball team is goin to see the tar heels next saturday:macho :blah: i can't wait:cool:

redgrizz
11-22-2003, 09:20 PM
yep im for the bona's, i was at there first game and we won yea!:D

balla250ex
11-22-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by sportraxrider10
yea college is alright, our basketball team is goin to see the tar heels next saturday:macho :blah: i can't wait:cool:

Cleveland State, eh? Well, I'm not a jive talker or nothing, and I don't talk smack, but I'll just say it should be a PRETTY interesting game. :devil: :cool:

balla250ex
11-23-2003, 10:10 AM
C'mon, you guys disappoint me. College Basketball is life!
Next to food, water, shelter... :)

zephead400ex
11-23-2003, 11:38 AM
I love college sports, period! I love DUKE b-ball though. Sounds like 'balla250ex' and I will be going around this season! haha! But I live in Kansas so I have to support KU, not KSU:blah:

Go Blue Devils and Jayhawks!

balla250ex
11-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
Sounds like 'balla250ex' and I will be going around this season!

Go Blue Devils and Jayhawks!

LOL... sounds like fun to me... Did you get to see the Duke game last nite? Detroit Mercy gave them a RUN for their money. I'm not that impressed with this "Deng" guy, but hey, that was only one game. If I HAD to like a player on Duke's squad, it would be Shavlik Randolph. I like the way he plays around the basket.

UNC sure looked nice last nite... Under Roy Williams. Poor Jayhawks. They'll still be a competetive team, tho.

At least there are SOME ppl who like college basketball on here. But I guess this is'nt a college basketball site, now is it?

:) :) :) :macho

zephead400ex
11-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Aww...Roy Williams is a sellout...but then again, I cant blame the dude wanting to be back at UNC and with his family.

We will have to keep up on college hoops on this site, I think there are a bizillion if Kentucky fans on here...us ACC guys will have fun! haha

balla250ex
11-23-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
I think there are a bizillion if Kentucky fans on here...us ACC guys will have fun! haha

Sounds good to me. The Heels get a shot at Kentucky this year. Does Duke?? It's early, I know, but I think UNC will have Kentucky's number this year. We'll hafta see.:cool:

zephead400ex
11-23-2003, 03:53 PM
No, Duke doesnt get to play Kentucky this year...that would be ugly for Cat fans!:blah:

1fast400ex
11-23-2003, 03:57 PM
ugly for cat fans i dont think so :D :D :D :D :D go big blue just like last year they will be a whole lot better than people think.

batgeek
11-23-2003, 04:00 PM
UCLA fan growing up in SoCal. always been a big fan of ACC b-ball, but since i moved to VA and getting first hand exposure to it....OMG, much much better than west coast b-ball. i've had the pleasure to go to a UNC-Duke at Cameron and damn that was fun as hell!

personally i don't have a favorite team here yet...but i have always respected the program and philosophy that Coach K has. UNC has a great program also, but i know if you are a fan of one, you can not be a fan of the other :D

balla250ex
11-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
UCLA fan growing up in SoCal. always been a big fan of ACC b-ball, but since i moved to VA and getting first hand exposure to it....OMG, much much better than west coast b-ball. i've had the pleasure to go to a UNC-Duke at Cameron and damn that was fun as hell!

personally i don't have a favorite team here yet...but i have always respected the program and philosophy that Coach K has. UNC has a great program also, but i know if you are a fan of one, you can not be a fan of the other :D

ACC Basketball is the cream of the crop. Some conferences think they are as good as the ACC, NO WAY. Sure, they may have had some good teams lately, but look at the history the ACC has compared to the other conferences. :eek2:

Yea, Coack Kreishcweskieskfeui...umm... Coach K, does have a great program over there. I'm not the kind of fan that will sit there and say, "Duke Sux" or "Kentucky Sux" b/c it is the EXACT opposite. That's why I get PO'd when I hear ppl talk about UNC, or any other school for that matter, and say, they suck, just b/c they have been struggling here lately. If you look at the past, EVERY team EVER has had it's ups and downs. UNC has just been facing one of the normal, routine, "down" stretch that each NCAA team has. I think Roy will change that around a little bit. :D

cheetah
11-23-2003, 04:09 PM
UNC better hope that freshmen luck carried over from last year because the Cats will be tough.;)

balla250ex
11-23-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
UNC better hope that freshmen luck carried over from last year because the Cats will be tough.;)

We shall see. Yea, cat's will be tough, but can they handle the 3 freshman who are now sophomores? and with the added bonus of Roy? lol. Yea, it will be a good game. We'll have to watch. btw, did u see the game last nite? Also, UNC will be on National TV tomorrow night (monday) at 7pm on ESPN 2. Check out the boys! Theyre lookin good. ;)

cheetah
11-23-2003, 05:14 PM
Yea UNC will be pretty tough for us especially since we don't have a true center right now. We got two 7+ feet fresmen and from what I hear they can't put the ball on the floor without losing it off their feet. I feel the ACC has a few good teams, but the SEC has to be the toughest conference. I mean you have Tennessee even though they've been a lil sluggish the past years they always manage to spoil a good run. Then you have Florida, UK, Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss is always good too. Yea the ACC is a good conference, but none is tougher than the SEC IMO.

redrider69
11-23-2003, 06:17 PM
yea go big blue im pretty sure UK would whoop duke and the baby blue ***s

balla250ex
11-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by redrider69

Don't be too confident. UNC would give them a run for their money. I think Duke would def. have their number. But Hey, who knows??

Cheetah - UNC has no big man at all. Well, we have sean may who is EXCELLENT, and I mean perfecto around the basket, however he's like 6'8. the tallest player we have that can actually play is Jawad Williams, and he's 6'9. Granted, we DO have Damien Grant, a sophomore 6'11 220+ Center. However, his knees are HORRIBLE, and he is currently recuperating from surgery on BOTH knees during the offseason. However, where we don't have a big man, we make up for in quickness. The game against ODU last nite we got probably 60% of our points off of fast breaks, and I think we will see that against every team we face. Now, Kentucky is by far not ODU, so we're not going to be able to do it as easily against you guys, but lemme just say this. We Are Fast. It should be a GREAT game. Great game.

zephead400ex
11-24-2003, 08:18 AM

I'm pretty sure that Duke would whip up on UK...:blah:

Someone mentioned the SEC, that is a pretty tough conference. But being from the midwest, I still love watching the Big 12.

spincr4hire
11-24-2003, 08:29 AM
UK Wildcats, all the way!

I hope UNC gives UK a better game this year, we have pounded them the past 3 years by an average of 20 points...

balla250ex
11-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
we have pounded them the past 3 years by an average of 20 points...

Things change.:devil: :devil:

lol I'm not saying that you guys are any worse or any better, but I know we are much better. I have'nt had the oppurtunity to say your boys play this year. What are they ranked preseason?

redrider69
11-24-2003, 02:12 PM
you know whos better its ok that u dont want to admit it this stage is called "denile" its ok

balla250ex
11-24-2003, 02:17 PM
this stage is called "denile"

"Denial". The nile is a river in egypt.

I never said we were better, I never said they were worse. I simply said that we were a better team as a whole than we were last year. I did'nt say we were better than Kentucky. ESPECIALLY not the last few years.

Another point. Kentucky is THE only school ahead of UNC in wins. They have something close to I believe 11 wins more than we. But here's the thing. Kentucky has been playing 7 more years than we have. :blah:

I'm not a hater, like I said before. Kentucky is a GREAT basketball team. Always has been, always will be.

balla250ex
12-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by sportraxrider10

You guys gave us a scare... :cool:

remlapr
12-02-2003, 04:14 PM
The Cards took a tough first loss this weekend on a BS foul call at the end of OT to Iowa :( Man that sucked. Oh well, as long as we beat UK here in a couple of weeks I'm happy :blah:

sportraxrider10
12-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by balla250ex
You guys gave us a scare... :cool:

yea it was a close one, but our whole team was wanting UNC to win, lol surprisingly there were alot of UNC fans there. it was fun

balla250ex
12-03-2003, 05:20 AM
The Heels had a BIG win last nite against Illinois. 88-81. It was close the WHOLE game. the biggest lead I remember was when UNC went up by 9 early in the 2nd half.

spincr4hire
12-03-2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
The Cards took a tough first loss this weekend on a BS foul call at the end of OT to Iowa :( Man that sucked. Oh well, as long as we beat UK here in a couple of weeks I'm happy :blah:

Spoken like a true UofL fan, you guys don't care if you win one game as long as you beat UK...:o And it may happen if UK plays like they did against Marshall the other night :(