PDA

View Full Version : Whohas most compression on stock rod?

BIGRED400
11-22-2003, 01:46 PM
Who has the most compression on stock rod ??? How long has it been pumping the piston??? Thanks..........BIGRED400

stupid driver
11-22-2003, 02:06 PM
my rod blew on my stock piston last summer. Motor didnt seize either, the rod just went. Killed my motor. So, from now on, nothin but a carillo rod for me. I think the money is well spent. JMO

pnut420
11-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by stupid driver
my rod blew on my stock piston last summer. Motor didnt seize either, the rod just went. Killed my motor. So, from now on, nothin but a carillo rod for me. I think the money is well spent. JMO

Yeah but yah never know. I know lots of people that ran 426's with 11:1, 440's etc, for 2 years and were fine.

Evan
11-22-2003, 08:06 PM
If it matters....I ran 12.5 416 piston on stock rod for a very long time before I floated a valve and tore the piston up. Then I bored to a 425 and went to 13:1 compression....This lasted about half as long before the sleeve cracked-too thin. Stock rod was fine for me and I rode the piss out of it. But dont take my word for it-every case is different.

stupid driver
11-22-2003, 09:10 PM
ya, i aint sayin you cant run a stock rod in a big bore/high compression motor. I know the rod can take that type of abuse. It just so happens that when i called American Honda in Torrance, CA, i found out that a handful of the 02 motors had been developing problems in the bottom end. Lucky me huh. The reason i am runnin a carillo rod now is simply because i am a bit paranoid. I wasnt able to ride all summer. 4 months 2 weeks and 5 days. Not to mention, about 2 grand into a motor. :grr: