PDA

View Full Version : Dirtbike or Quad

XCRacer
11-22-2003, 09:46 AM
Right now I'm riding a CR125 that absolutely rips but I can consistently go faster on my dad's quad through the trails, a 500 Scrambler. The problem is I don't want to lose the speed of my bike but I'm pretty sure I want a 400EX for it's handling. However, I destroy stock 400EX's in a drag race. I guess the question is can I get a 400EX to run 70+ mph relatively inexpensivley and still maintain woods rideablility? Sorry if any of that is confusing, but all comments are appreciated.

balla250ex
11-22-2003, 09:57 AM
well, the only thing I can say is this...

My friend has a stock KTM 125SX. I have seen him get beat time and time again by a Z400 with a white bros e-series and a KFX400. Now, your CR may be faster than his KTM, as it sounds, but through the woods I can move faster than him. So, if a 400EX is somewhat as fast as the Z and the KFX, and can beat his KTM 125, than a 400EX should be faster than the KTM, and the KTM most likely is'nt THAT much slower than your CR. And if my 250EX can move throught the woods faster than the KTM, then a 400EX should be able to do it also... Get what I am saying?

to basically sum it all up... get the EX

cool 300ex
11-22-2003, 10:33 AM
The 400ex will have enough speed for the woods. I mean where are you going to ride throught the woods 5th gear pinned. I know there might be a few trails you can do bthat on. But not all probley.