PDA

View Full Version : the 250r

redgrizz
11-21-2003, 09:26 PM
hey guys, i am now looking for a 250r since my dad thinks i cant handle a raptor ( show what he knows) any way, for everyone that has one, how high matenince(sp) is it? how often do you have to do top end rebuilds? so on so on so, thanks for all your input

lil400exman
11-21-2003, 09:31 PM
well u will be much happier with the best quad ever made! but how old are you? will this be your 1st real sport quad? if so i dont think it will be a hot choice cause its a fast quad and about the maintence take care of it and it will take care of you just check over nuts and bolts beofre the ride run good gas in there good air filter change the filter and u will be fine..........:o

btw i own a 88'R

redgrizz
11-21-2003, 09:36 PM
im 14 but iv been driven since i was 5 so i do know how to drive, i kinda want a sport quad since i treat my grizz like a sport so... and i can do all the regular stuff jus was wonderin about top end rebuilds and any other and how often i do them

Narly R
11-21-2003, 10:06 PM
DEFENTLY get the r instead of a raptor. It all depends on what kinda r ya get. You wont be able to find an all stock one, but most have bolt on parts. If I were you (I dunno about the money range) maybe look into a YFZ 450. They are like 6800 new, but there are used ones for sale now. Or get a r that has stock motor, but some aftermarket parts. And be carful not to buy a POS, cause there are some not taken care of R's out there. Make shure ALL bearrings are good, by like lifting up the front and rear, and set the rear und up and see if the axel is straight.

Whats your price range?

LTandRaptorider
11-21-2003, 10:21 PM
And look for a cracked frame at the swing arm pivot bolt. I don't think you'd be disappointed with an R. Like the others said, look it over carefully! Take someone with you that's knowledgable about quads. If you're anything like me, you'll get too excited to see some flaws... until you get it home!

Good luck! Long live the 2-stroke.

BTW, I have a Raptor for sale! ;)