PDA

View Full Version : help

tumbler440Ex
02-12-2002, 03:04 PM
i know this thread aint supose to be in here but i cant get anyone to reply in any other one so i thought i try all of them

i have a 440 ex i just got the motor in anr runnin a lill while ago and the next day wasnt goin fast it went clink clink clink and i shut it off worring it was goin to blow the motor .
i was wondering what colour should the intake and out take valves be the same colour and there was always a knocking noise to the motor i just thought it was breakin in can someone help me out here would it be a spring a valve aint stickin out i have the head cover and head off i see the piston its slnted a bit to the let outtake where the valve would hit its down a bit there but it slides still goos in the cyndler when i move it slowly not alot uncase if scratchs the cynlder so if someone help me out here be great thanxs tumbler:confused:

02-15-2002, 08:42 PM
dude it might be that it is bored out maybe or something in ur transmission

fourwhls
02-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Not trying to be mean, but I can't understand what you are saying.

From what I did understand, I would recomend taking it to a experienced engine builder. There are a number of things you could have done. It could be the transmission. It could be valve problems due to misalignment of the timing marks during reassembly. It could be the crank, connecting rod, etc. You are just going to have to disassemble the motor and find the problem.

Good Luck