PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on seats/seat covers

redroost85
11-21-2003, 07:25 PM
I'm gonna be getting new black Maier soon and want to change the look of my seat too. I got the stock black Honda on there now. I think I would like to contrast the black with a red cover. Are there any good ones/ones to stay away from? Are the covers easy to put on? Do you have to take the old one off? I would like one with a little grip too. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks guys!:D

DaveEX7
11-21-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
I'm gonna be getting new black Maier soon and want to change the look of my seat too. I got the stock black Honda on there now. I think I would like to contrast the black with a red cover. Are there any good ones/ones to stay away from? Are the covers easy to put on? Do you have to take the old one off? I would like one with a little grip too. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks guys!:D

I run a CEET Flame Seat Cover. It looks great, it comes in red or black with a yella and red flame. Has lots of grip, but not on the decal. I like it and its only $70.

brandon025
11-22-2003, 08:10 AM
I could trade you my stock red one for your black one. Then you can put the red on there and see if you like it and it wont cost much. It's in good condition nothing wrong with it. We can split shipping which shouldn't be too much. get back with me. thanks

redroost85
11-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Brandon, does your seat say Fourtrax or Honda on the side and is it worn any? Mine says Honda in white on the side with almost no wear marks.

What do you figure the shipping to be? My zip is 16125.

I am still thinking about this but let me know. thanks man!

hondafox440
11-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Yes, you need to remove the old cover to put a new one on. It isnt that difficult, but it helps to have a 2nd person. Use a hair dryer to heat the seat cover up as you stretch it over the foam. I use an electric staple gun, it works excellent.

DaveEX7
11-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Yes, you need to remove the old cover to put a new one on. It isnt that difficult, but it helps to have a 2nd person. Use a hair dryer to heat the seat cover up as you stretch it over the foam. I use an electric staple gun, it works excellent.

I left my original seat cover on.... the new one is nice and tight now.