PDA

View Full Version : Wreaked my dads quad...

Sportrax10
11-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Ok I was riding my dads quad when he was at work with out asking him. During the time out it got rolled...:( Maybe 2 times over. The damage is bent racks all around but I already bent them back most of the way. The real problem is a really bent steering stem and handlebars. When I came back I pulled it into the basement and nobody seemed to care that I rode it. (Of corse they didnt see it.) Now my dads going to Pep Boys, and my mom told me that he said he said we were going riding Sunday. What should I do?? He will be pissed if I tell him but even more pissed if he finds out on his own. If he dosnt notice tonight I could try to fix it later on when hes in bed but there no way ill bend the steering stem and bars back.

*BTW the quad is a Prairie 650.

11-21-2003, 05:17 PM
ok, ill tell ya what,.. just go up and tell him, tell him you took it out for a short ride and that you fliped it, however, when your telling him how you fliped it dont make it sound like it was a horrible wreck just say sumfin like you were on the side of a hill and it started to go over, so you jumped off and let it go sumfin like that,.. now tell him asap cuz you never know he could just be like dern u fliped it,.. then maybe you can get it fixed so you can ride,.. o and how did you really flip it?

Sportrax10
11-21-2003, 05:20 PM
It slid sideways and caught traction. I dont think we will be able to get it fixed by Sunday without the parts.

11-21-2003, 05:21 PM
jsut tell him when he gets home and he shouldnt be that mad

batgeek
11-21-2003, 05:21 PM
He will be pissed if I tell him but even more pissed if he finds out on his own.

seems like you answered your own question there dude :D

Sportrax10
11-21-2003, 05:25 PM
OK im gonna tell him, anyone know any good places to buy Kawasaki parts?

11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
OK im gonna tell him, anyone know any good places to buy Kawasaki parts?

lmfao :D

Sportrax10
11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Oh yea... another twist..... it was my friend that wreaked it. He has the money to pay for the parts but he needs it to buy a car, and hes one of my good friends so I dont know if ill tell my dad he wreaked it or me, but still hell pay for the handles bars and stem... How will that work out?

11-21-2003, 05:29 PM
ur fuct

11-21-2003, 05:31 PM
DO NOT TELL HIM YOUR FRIEND FLIPED IT! this will only cause more trouble trust me i was in the same postition with one of my buddy that beat the chit outa my ex:eek2:

Sportrax10
11-21-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by member
DO NOT TELL HIM YOUR FRIEND FLIPED IT! this will only cause more trouble trust me i was in the same postition with one of my buddy that beat the chit outa my ex:eek2:
What happened?

11-21-2003, 05:36 PM
well,.. he got kinda mad at me for lettin my friend do wheelies and stuff, cuz he knew that my friend wasnt very experiaced(sp) and next time even if my friends wreck i get grounded,... it just makes it worse for you because you let a friend ride it.. just trust me

NTPRacing#19
11-21-2003, 06:12 PM
LMAO your ****ed. get the money from your friend, tell him about it and give him the moeny to fix it cause you already found prices on the parts.

Sportrax10
11-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by NTPRacing#19
LMAO your ****ed. get the money from your friend, tell him about it and give him the moeny to fix it cause you already found prices on the parts.
I dont have prices on the parts.:confused:

11-21-2003, 07:52 PM
is your dad still at pep boys...:confused: lmao

JTRtrx250r
11-21-2003, 08:08 PM
just tell him it happened and you'll pay for it and that ya didnt mean to let him down,he'll be more let down if he finds out on his own,

I give my kids a chance to tell me anything....they know it''ll be worse on them if they dont and I find out,I have found by giving them a chance..w/o flyin' off the handle...they are more honest w/ me,makes me feel like I can trust them a bit more,and they know that, so go tell him and own up to your mistake dude;)

Sportrax10
11-21-2003, 08:56 PM
I told him, hes pretty cool about it then again he didnt even go down and look at it. He just asked me how it happened. I lied about me ridiing it but ill probably tell him the truth later.

I was riding my friends dirt bike (cause I dont get to ride them too often) and I needed someone to take the Prairie, and he was a passenger anyway. Ill say it was spinning in the mud (cause the prairie needs new tires soon) and it slid sideways and caught, anyone who has a Prairie might know what im talking about. I guess its not too bad as long as my friend pays for the stem and bars... BTW, anyone know prices or places to buy?

Butters
11-21-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by fuZe
ur fuct

lmao that is the funniest thing i have seen all day! :D

quadrider400
11-22-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by member
is your dad still at pep boys...:confused: lmao

Fess up..... and after rolling my 400 down a 75 ft hill I just had 8 guys leaning on the quad and bars... they are straight enough that I have not worried about it ....

Be Honest..... pay the bill and get the bucks from your friend.... or at least split it with him....

As a dad I know what a pain it is to be lied to and have to find out later....:macho :eek2: :macho :mad:

400exdad
11-22-2003, 05:16 PM
You did the right thing.... if you can scratch the funds together, get your parents (if you don't drive) to take you to the bike shop and order it. Like my old grandfather once told my dad, who told me, :) Experience is the BEST teacher. It's funny, I was telling my son today about a "friend" of mine who wrecked my other friends V65 Magna, blew a another friends tranny up in his old mustang, and burned my motor up in my OLD dirtbike... all without paying a dime. I hope your "friend" isn't the same way!

Sportrax10
11-22-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad
You did the right thing.... if you can scratch the funds together, get your parents (if you don't drive) to take you to the bike shop and order it. Like my old grandfather once told my dad, who told me, :) Experience is the BEST teacher. It's funny, I was telling my son today about a "friend" of mine who wrecked my other friends V65 Magna, blew a another friends tranny up in his old mustang, and burned my motor up in my OLD dirtbike... all without paying a dime. I hope your "friend" isn't the same way!
No hes trust worthy.

Greg Z
11-22-2003, 07:24 PM
yeah just tell ur dad u did it then tell ur friend that ur dad wants the money and just take the money spend it on some drugs or something :) J.J about the drugs lol put it into ur quad

SGA
11-22-2003, 07:38 PM
I have learned, (and Im old) just tell the truth up front. They will appreciate it and respect you more for it. They may not like what they hear at the time, but they will repect you, even if they never say it to you.
Maybe its just one of those things you have to learn.

kicken250x
11-22-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exdad

sounds like someone needs a good ol fashion *** whoopin!:macho lol

joeroadking
11-23-2003, 07:34 AM
I would tell your dad the complete true story as you have told us ,you should also be very clear about the damage to quad and not leave it for him to discover 5mins before he goes out riding with his buds or worse gets injured,(then see how mad he is) not raelizing that you just bent the stem back , and now it snaps off(happened to me with my lt500 along time ago)sure he is going to be upset but at the same time he will respect you for your honesty! and you will feel better getting it off your cheast good luck!

BlasterRider200
11-23-2003, 06:11 PM
i heard him roll the quad and i was at my house then they came to my house to fix it

cool 300ex
11-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Yeah tell him asap and don't tell him your friend wercked it. Then get the money from your frinend and just say dad here is some of my money to help pay for your quad. Hey you got to tell him so why not make it soon. Justthink the sooner you tell him the sooner it is over. LIke the sooner you will be ungrounded or something.