PDA

View Full Version : Korn -- Take A Look In the Mirror

spincr4hire
11-21-2003, 10:14 AM
just picked it up...
It has a hidden track "One" from the Metallica tribute show on MTV a while back, too

sickmojave
11-21-2003, 10:21 AM
Cool !!! I'm going to pick it up this weekend :D

11-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Will i be able to tell a difference from this album and their first?? All Korn songs sound the same to me...:o

kwatts400
11-21-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm going to see them Dec. 2 in Philly. Should be a good time.

spincr4hire
11-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Will i be able to tell a difference from this album and their first?? All Korn songs sound the same to me...:o

Well, I've always thought their first album was the heaviest and the best, but this one is quite a bit heavier than the last 2. Some songs sound similar, but thats their signature sound.

Giz400ex
11-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Well, I've always thought their first album was the heaviest and the best, but this one is quite a bit heavier than the last 2. Some songs sound similar, but thats their signature sound. I always thought there 1st album was the heaviest also, but i will be picking up the new today:D

11-21-2003, 11:46 AM
IMHO i think they need to have their license takin away for recording. I think they absolutely suck to the fullest. I"m a heavy metal dude and have been for years. Seen tons of hair bands, 90's bands you name it. Korn makes me want to take my own life when i hear them on the radio.. :mad: Do they even play more than 3 chords on any song????:confused:

Doibugu2
11-21-2003, 12:04 PM
IMHO i think they need to have their license takin away for recording. I think they absolutely suck to the fullest. I"m a heavy metal dude and have been for years. Seen tons of hair bands, 90's bands you name it. Korn makes me want to take my own life when i hear them on the radio.. :mad: Do they even play more than 3 chords on any song????:confused:

what's a chord?

Are there any bands that are truely musicians these days?

spincr4hire
11-21-2003, 12:38 PM

Dang Rico, thats harsh..
I guess Korn is an either a like em or hate em band, to each his own, I guess.

11-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Dang Rico, thats harsh..
I guess Korn is an either a like em or hate em band, to each his own, I guess.

LMAO...:D

Yeah a little harsh but when someone makes millions of dollars for slamming thier hands down on 4 strings and it makes a racket i get a little upset. I love music and rock and roll the most. I guess i like musicians the most not racket from guys that probably can't even read music...:eek2:

Korn is as much as musicians as AC\DC.... I learned every hit song AC/DC has ever made in about 8 months time on a guitar.(I had and still have no guitar experience, they just suck that bad that a person can learn their songs in 8 months..) Another group that plays 3 chords for every friggen pathetic song they ever released.

:D I'm glad it's friday and about time to go home. I need beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer very badly...
:mad:

Max400
11-21-2003, 02:02 PM
I'm with Rico, korn sucks, I wouldn't walk across the street to see them!!!! unless they were going to die on stage.

what happened to bands with talent, (ZEPPELIN)......I guess talent is a dirty word these days, I guess we show our age Rico..........

Max400
11-21-2003, 02:06 PM
back in the eighties people who didn't like the music said that listening to that music (judiest preist, AC-DC) would make you kill people....well today"s music makes you want to kill yourself LOL

OCCRA288
11-21-2003, 02:31 PM
LMAO...:D

Korn is as much as musicians as AC\DC.... I learned every hit song AC/DC has ever made in about 8 months time on a guitar.(I had and still have no guitar experience, they just suck that bad that a person can learn their songs in 8 months..) Another group that plays 3 chords for every friggen pathetic song they ever released.

Rico You Bout ta Git Kikked! Tak it Bak AC/DC izz tha bess ban evur!!!!

MOUSE
11-21-2003, 02:52 PM
corn :confused: you eat corn :huh :huh :rolleyes:

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Max400
I'm with Rico, korn sucks, I wouldn't walk across the street to see them!!!! unless they were going to die on stage.

what happened to bands with talent, (ZEPPELIN)......I guess talent is a dirty word these days, I guess we show our age Rico..........

I take offence to this probably cuz Korn is my favorite band But i love all the old bands and a lot of new bands...If you think korn has no talent then you don't deserve to listen to music. Korn has a lot of talent you think it's easy makin up the songs they make up and playin them for 2 hours on stage almost every night? I'm in a band and i know how tough it is. Playin' music is not as easy as you think. Sure some songs might have simple riffs but to be able to concentrate and play along with a band is tough. You would only see them to watch them die? WTF is ur problem? how could u say that about a human being that has a wife and kids? No band is that bad that i would want to watch them die on stage. Every band has their own talent and i give them credit for bein able to play in front of an audience and doin what they love to do. Everyone has their own opinion and i understand that but you went to far with the watching them die part. To those who like Korn Rock on! Cya :cool:

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Oh and Rico everyone in korn can read and write music and there is no way you could learn all of their songs in 8 months with no guitar experience. They have been playin since they were around 13. Korn has their own style if you don't like it don't bother replying. Take their license away from recording? They just recorded their whole new album and it sounds awesome by the way. You probably don't know how to use half the stuff in a recording studio...I really don't like doin this on the internet but i just had to jump in. I don't dislike you Rico i just have a different view from what you said. and rarely do korn songs sound the same :)

batgeek
11-21-2003, 05:28 PM
4 outta 5 stars. much heavier than their first CD.

i dont listen to Korn for their musicianship, i listen to Korn for mood music. if i want to listen to a talented musician, i'd put in a Charlie Parker or Pyotr Tchaokovsky CD.

they suck as musicians, but their tunes pump me up.

11-21-2003, 05:38 PM

korn isnt heavy metal :p

Nausty
11-21-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
korn isnt heavy metal :p

exactly, and who gives a **** anyways. If you don't like it ignore it instead of bashing people. That is unless you can do better?

batgeek
11-21-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by xXxSpeedxXx
and rarely do korn songs sound the same :)

that's a laughable statement.

but i still like thier sh^t :D

speedy400
11-21-2003, 06:56 PM
The Old Metallica will always be my fav band, they always had a mix of a few songs with great rythm, few great heavy ones, and a few moderate ones. Korn is alright, like rico said, they make ppl want to kill themself. I know a drug attic in one class above me last year that hung himself in his garage after doing drugs and listening to korn.....w/e just my 2 cents.-darren

Glamis400ex
11-21-2003, 08:14 PM
what's a drug attic??:huh

LOL;)

Glamis

QuadJunkies
11-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
4 outta 5 stars. much heavier than their first CD.

i dont listen to Korn for their musicianship, i listen to Korn for mood music. if i want to listen to a talented musician, i'd put in a Charlie Parker or Pyotr Tchaokovsky CD.

they suck as musicians, but their tunes pump me up. WORD>..... I just bought it today myself and I would say aboout half the CD I liked, the other was........ OK........kinda like 90% of most CD's Its hard to find too many where the whole CD rocks, if you are a Korn fan.....Youll like this CD:macho

batgeek
11-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
aboout

i didn't know you were Canadian QJ :D

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
The Old Metallica will always be my fav band, they always had a mix of a few songs with great rythm, few great heavy ones, and a few moderate ones. Korn is alright, like rico said, they make ppl want to kill themself. I know a drug attic in one class above me last year that hung himself in his garage after doing drugs and listening to korn.....w/e just my 2 cents.-darren

Old metallica is good stuff...You can't really blame Korn for a drug addict hanging himself i mean if he was on drugs he obviously wasn't thinkin straight..and i know a lot of people who say korn's music has helped them.

11-21-2003, 09:35 PM
since its november 22nd where i live today i got to see Godsmack with Adema:D

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 09:36 PM
How was it? Is Adema good in concert?

11-21-2003, 09:37 PM
they were ok but godsmack freaken rocked the place:D

Max400
11-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Korn has their own style if you don't like it don't bother replying.

If you don't like what Rico don't bother replying...........:mad:

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Max i really don't mind what rico said as much as what you said...and i think most will agree with me that what you said was very immature and very stupid no matter how old u r and how much experience u have in life.. :rolleyes:

Max400
11-21-2003, 09:52 PM
You would only see them to watch them die? WTF is ur problem? how could u say that about a human being that has a wife and kids? No band is that bad that i would want to watch them die on stage. Every band has their own talent and i give them credit for bein able to play in front of an audience and doin what they love to do. Everyone has their own opinion and i understand that but you went to far with the watching them die part. To those who like Korn Rock on! Cya

Hey.....xxxspeedxxx you said I went to far with what I said about Korn:confused: :confused: :confused:

Here's some of their lyrics.now how's going to far:confused: :confused:

All I wanna do!
You are not my real mother
Is kill you
I'd beat and stab and f*ck her

So I tried to let it pass, but the visions in my head
were with you, with a knife up your *****, laying dead
so I pop some more caps in your *****,
Now your son is not so fun
Motherfu#king *****! Never try to play me!!!

You made my life not so good

All I wanna do! . . . is kill you

I never heard anything that Harsh on a Zeppelin album!!!!

Max400
11-21-2003, 09:56 PM
i think most will agree with me that what you said was very immature and very stupid so what your saying is Korn puts out stupid and immature albums!

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 09:59 PM
Do you anything about Jonathan Davis's (the singer) life? probably not...And they never play that song live because it is 2 personal. I agree those are messed up lyrics but he expresses how he feels in his music you can't blame some1 for that. They are just normal people. He has bad experiences, it's not like every1 in korn has beat you all ur life. You have no reason to say you wanna watch them die :mad: So yes i am saying you went to far and it was very immature...and by the way i love led Zepplin but they are totally opposite of korn not even in the same catergory of music...and usually different categories of music have different lyrics..Cya

Max400
11-21-2003, 10:05 PM
so I'm out of line for what I said but it's alrite for him to write about that!!!!!! you don't know anything about my life, so you can't blame me for what I write. so what is the difference between his lyrics and what I said??????

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 10:10 PM
Alright this is a thread about korns new cd and to see who was getting it...you don't think you were out of line by writing a stupid comment like that in what was suppose to be a fun Post? and because u made that comment i had to express how i felt. Not all their lyrics are bad i agree some are but o well every band/rapper/country singer has their share of songs that are bad. If you don't like them don't listen to them and don't comment about them.

Max400
11-21-2003, 10:13 PM
If you don't like what i post then don't comment on what I said........I'm only replying to what you said to me...

It's just my opinion......

Max400
11-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Speed I was just expressing how I felt......

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 10:16 PM
alright were both wrong in a way... do u agree?? i don't feel like getting banned tonight lol :blah:

Max400
11-21-2003, 10:18 PM
hey I'm not flaming you just a good debate............it's cool:D

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 10:19 PM
cool :cool: debates are always fun lol:macho

Max400
11-21-2003, 10:20 PM
I guess if we don't like the same music we have one thing in common, we both love to ride quads.......ride on bro.

Max400:D

86atc250r
11-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Personally... I could care less about most lyrics. Ever notice how some of the most screwed up people put out some of the best music?

I like a lot of music with stupid and/or controversial lyrics - the lyrics may suck, but the music itself is good & I am smart enough to filter and not allow my actions to reflect the messages being conveyed in the music.

NIN's Closer packs a somewhat less than wholesome message, but the song still kicks.

The thing many of you must remember is that so much of what you hear in lyrics or see in a band's "look" is purely marketing - granted, some of it is not....

Also, as far as learning to play a band such as AC/DC's music quickly -- complexity doesn't make the music. Sometimes complexity gets in the way of the music.

In Rock, some of the simplest riffs are some of the most powerful. I do not believe a song or band's value is measured by how difficult it is to learn to play their music.

Personally, I like some Korn, some AC/DC. I like old Metallica (my favorites being up to and including the Black album (although I own all the new ones too)). I like some Zepplin, some 80's music, some hip/hop (I hate more than I like though :)). I even like mellow stuff like Enya.

Many bands of all different types put out good music. All bands put out crap at one point or another - regardless of their lyrics and the complexity of the music itself.

batgeek
11-21-2003, 10:46 PM
good post dude!

i prescribe to the idea that a singer's voice is just another intrument in the band.

lyrics....bleh! who gives a sh^t. i dont need to know the words, understand the word, know the life story of the lyricist, etc...if he has some hidden or blatent meaning behind the words in his sond...yadda yadda yadda.
historically the lyrics in songs tend to be quite stupid. especially now.

music is about emotion. if the emotion you feel is from the lyrics, you are totally missing the point about music.

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 11:04 PM
[
music is about emotion. if the emotion you feel is from the lyrics, you are totally missing the point about music. [/B]

Do you mean i am missing the point of music?

And yes Ride on Max400 :cool:

11-21-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Max400
Hey.....xxxspeedxxx you said I went to far with what I said about Korn:confused: :confused: :confused:

Here's some of their lyrics.now how's going to far:confused: :confused:

All I wanna do!
You are not my real mother
Is kill you
I'd beat and stab and f*ck her

So I tried to let it pass, but the visions in my head
were with you, with a knife up your *****, laying dead
so I pop some more caps in your *****,
Now your son is not so fun
Motherfu#king *****! Never try to play me!!!

You made my life not so good

All I wanna do! . . . is kill you

I never heard anything that Harsh on a Zeppelin album!!!!

then listen to christian rock, youve obviously never heard any hard music

11-21-2003, 11:09 PM
what i never understood is how anyone could like tool, they suck so bad, and nin isnt good at all, i just never understood how people thought that crap was good, id rather listen to justin timberlake

xXxSpeedxXx
11-21-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
what i never understood is how anyone could like tool, they suck so bad, and nin isnt good at all, i just never understood how people thought that crap was good, id rather listen to justin timberlake

huh? :huh lol

batgeek
11-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by xXxSpeedxXx
Do you mean i am missing the point of music?

get out of it what you get out of it.

now whether or not you are missing something....or "not getting it" is your problem, not mine.

kwatts400
11-22-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey 250ex3, I was at the Godsmack/Adema concert tonight at the electric factory. Your right, Godsmack kicks @ss live. Wished they played longer though.

simoniz
11-22-2003, 05:21 AM
I love this thread. I used to really like Korn to but I have been really disappointed in there latest stuff. But I can say that about allot of others bands as well.

simoniz
11-22-2003, 05:31 AM
good post dude!

i prescribe to the idea that a singer's voice is just another intrument in the band.

lyrics....bleh! who gives a sh^t. i dont need to know the words, understand the word, know the life story of the lyricist, etc...if he has some hidden or blatent meaning behind the words in his sond...yadda yadda yadda.
historically the lyrics in songs tend to be quite stupid. especially now.

music is about emotion. if the emotion you feel is from the lyrics, you are totally missing the point about music.

Bat, I totally agree with you.