PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket subframe

brandonpeake
11-21-2003, 08:05 AM
i want an aftermarket subframe but can you buy it by itself?
anyone reccomend any one brand i was leaning towards burgard
i knew a guy with one who got his of ebay and loved it
so any input is appreciated

brandonpeake
11-21-2003, 09:50 AM
ok an add on question from above,
if u get an aftermarket subframe without battery mounts so u run a aluminum airbox with battery mounts,if so does the um racing one have the battery mounts, if not which one does
thanks brandon

airheadedduner
11-21-2003, 11:19 AM
I don't think most aftermarket subframes have a battery mount, you probly need to run an airbox that will hold the battery. I am no expert but where the battery mounts on the stock subframe is the weak point because of the bend in the downtube to accomadate a battery mounting point.

pnut420
11-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
I don't think most aftermarket subframes have a battery mount, you probly need to run an airbox that will hold the battery. I am no expert but where the battery mounts on the stock subframe is the weak point because of the bend in the downtube to accomadate a battery mounting point.

I got an chrome aftermarket one from Pappy(off the burgard cycles quad), I'm waiting to get it, should be here any day. It does have the battery mounts on it, but the bars are paralell, not a downtube. As soon as I get it I will say what brand it is and how I like it.

http://www.z400central.com/burgard/400EX.html

Burgards homepage. This is the quad that my subframe came off, not a great pic of it at all.