PDA

View Full Version : hrc kits?

r450rr
11-21-2003, 12:27 AM
i gotta question about the hrc kits..

i am second on the list for the 450r at my local dealer.//
i was wandering when they call me up an tell me that my 450r is there to come an get it ,,,, are they going to have the hrc kits ready to put on as soon as they get the 4 wheelers... or am i going to have to bring it back later,,,, or do u think that they will be shipped in advance or with the 4 wheelers.

all i am saying is i hope i can leave the same day with the 450r and the hrc kit already on it...

appreciate it:D

kwatts400
11-21-2003, 12:39 AM
I'm sure if you want the kit, they will put it on for you. It shouldn't take more than a few hours to put it on. So the same day isn't out of the question. I would let them know that you want it, so it will be ready when you get the call for your bike.

adamwn
11-21-2003, 12:58 AM
I kinda had the same question only different. Mine was.......wait for it............ Will some dealers sell it with the kit already installed?? I know Alba action sports will have some goodies on it so i'll probably drive the extra distance to get one there.

r450rr
11-21-2003, 05:26 AM
ok another question::

will a person be able to get the 4 year extended warrenty when they get the hrc kit,,, because i know u can get one with out it but if u get the hrc kit is it going to void the warrenty...

so are they a paradox between getting the extended warrenty for a quad that just come out.... an still maybe many bugs to work out .... or can u have the best of both worlds or do u have to choose between one or the other

kwatts400
11-21-2003, 11:18 AM
The dealership I buy from uses a warranty from a different company, so I would think that you could get one.

briantrx
11-21-2003, 11:22 AM
kits--

my dealer told me that they are only getting as many kits as they are quads, so i told them i want the kit installed when i pick it up, they said no problem. as for the warranty that is a good question i will have to ask about it

ROGERS
11-21-2003, 03:36 PM
How much is the HRC kit? $300? Why not save some dough and just get a CRF cam, and take off your airbox lid when you get a K&N. Then pop out the spark arrestor and jet it as you would have to do anyway? Save 'bout $200, that can go towards an axle or something. Someone who has ridden one with and without the kit said there was little or no difference, and certainly not worth 300 bones.

bigz-71
11-21-2003, 04:41 PM
i have heard different. i heard that the hrc kit makes a big difference. they said the kit really wakes the quad up. i bought one for 255. my dealer gave me 15% off (well i did spend almost 7 grand with him). i am going to let a shop hear in town install it because i was told that they honda place where i am buying it has only one guy that knows what he is doing and i trust the other guy better. the labor will be about the same price (i believe). i want someone who knows what they are doing to install my cam shaft and jets.

adamwn
11-21-2003, 06:37 PM
In the new reviews it says the kit makes 13% more power. It said it made it go from 42HP to 48HP (probably measured at the crank). I think that it is worth it for sure, 300 hundred is nothing when you just paid almost 7 grand for the quad. And I bet the dealers can add the cost of the kit and installation into the finance cost! Thats what i'll do, I have a buddy at the dealership!

Honda Jay
11-21-2003, 10:43 PM
i hope that my dealer will just install it before the purchase, not that i couldn't do it;) but i am willing to pay for it, and hope it shouldn't void the warrenty since it had by Honda

but i hope that Sparks takes the CRF 450 pipe and just puts atv mount on the X6 ceramic, that would be sweet

or just go for the Advertised HMF above:devil:

Jayson

bigz-71
11-22-2003, 12:42 AM
i am getting the hrc kit but i am going to wait on a pipe. i want to see what everyone has to say about the pipe and see what else comes available. i have a curtis sparks right now. fulls system, i like it a lot. i have heard nothing but good news about the hmf. i think i might go with the hmf pipe on the 450R but i am going to wait. i am not going to buy the first pipe. the hrc kit should be good for now. i will save the money on a pipe and put it towards the a-arms and shocks up front or the axle and carrier in the rear. i have plans on tearing apart as soon as i get it so i can make it wider and update the suspension. but that is my plan, we all know that plans fall threw. i am just going to get the bike first and then go from there.

brif
11-22-2003, 01:19 AM
If I purchase a 450r I'll have the HRC kit installed right away. AS far as a pipe I'd just get a black HMF slip-on( as long as they have USFS approved spark-arrestor by purchase time). If later I decide I need/want a head pipe I'll buy it. Thats the nice thing with the HMF you can buy the headpipe later. :D

ROGERS
11-22-2003, 02:06 PM
Do what you wish, not trying to rain on anyones plans. But my point was that since 99% of us are going to get an aftermarket pipe sooner or later, and the airbox lid is removeable, why pay 300 for a kit that all you are going to end up using is the cam. A CRF cam is very very similar to the HRC kit cam and we all know that the CRF is no slouch. And I don't know about you all, but 200 bucks extra in my pocket is nice. I, for one don't take all the cheerleading from most quad rags too seriously, especially in the "speculated hp" department. And as for your what your dealer says, they have not had a 450 on the dyno, they are just repeating third or fourth hand information that is close to the ballpark at best. Think about it, just trying to save everyone some $$.

Later,
-Josh:cool:

brif
11-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by ROGERS
Do what you wish, not trying to rain on anyones plans. But my point was that since 99% of us are going to get an aftermarket pipe sooner or later, and the airbox lid is removeable, why pay 300 for a kit that all you are going to end up using is the cam. A CRF cam is very very similar to the HRC kit cam and we all know that the CRF is no slouch. And I don't know about you all, but 200 bucks extra in my pocket is nice. I, for one don't take all the cheerleading from most quad rags too seriously, especially in the "speculated hp" department. And as for your what your dealer says, they have not had a 450 on the dyno, they are just repeating third or fourth hand information that is close to the ballpark at best. Think about it, just trying to save everyone some $$.

Later,
-Josh:cool: So according to what you say the cam alone should cost $100. Thats great if you can get one for that but, My guess the cam alone is more than 100 bones. Although if you're right about the price I agree with ya.

SSRedRider
11-22-2003, 07:47 PM
My dealeership told me that they was just getting one HRC kit per every 6 quads.. I am getting the first one so I am not worried but has anyone else heard this?

brif
11-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by SSRedRider
My dealeership told me that they was just getting one HRC kit per every 6 quads.. I am getting the first one so I am not worried but has anyone else heard this? I find that alittle hard to believe. Not you but what your dealer said. Honda will make money on every HRC kit they sell. Honda is in bussiness to make money so I'm willing to bet they would WANT to sell an HRC kit with every machine if possible.

MIA450R
11-23-2003, 10:45 AM
My dealer said they ordered half as many kits as they did 450Rs. Sounds like dealers have this choice. Not sure I want one installed before I ride the quad stock...I want to break her in as is, and be able to feel the difference between stock and power up kit.

Just my .02

11-23-2003, 07:45 PM
id get a wb full system, honda and wb prolly have been developing that for awhile