PDA

View Full Version : neighbors house caught fire

JUSTINcredible
11-20-2003, 10:35 PM
last night around 9:30 i started to hear sirens and they kept on getting closer so i went out side and the next door neighbor had flames coming out of the basement windows and making its way up the outside wall, i seen the familey outside so i asked if they wanted to come inside our house since it was so cold out and her 2 kids came in the house but their mom wanted to stay out. by the time the fire department got there the flames were coming out of the windows on the first floor and were shooting about 15 feet high. they called out 2 more fire departments to assist, one fire fighter got hauled off to the hospital for smoke inhalation but other than that everyone was OK, it took about 4 hours for them to get the fire completly out and they managed to save half of the house but talking with them today they said they were going to rebuild, but most of their belongings are shot, if not by fire then either by the water or smoke.

we have been trying to help them out as much as possible because 3 years ago we had a fire and they helped us out more than you would believe.

JOEX
11-20-2003, 11:21 PM
House fires are scary. When I was about 11 or 12 my brother woke me up and there were 2' flames on the floor of our bedroom between my bed and the door. The next thing I know i'm outside hacking away.

Like a dumb chit, went back in to help put the fire out. Tried my best then my brther made me stay out and he finished putting it out before the fire department showed up about an hour later. We lived out in the sticks and the fire department was all volunteer. I think they were looking for a ball of flames:rolleyes: I had some 1st and 2nd degree burns and my brother had some 3rd degree burns on his hands and feet.

We, too had neighbors that helped us out a great deal, i'll never forget that. And I really don't like candles.......

Joe