PDA

View Full Version : 300ex suspension

BTP
11-20-2003, 09:30 PM
ok, heres the deal. i have a 97 300ex and i used to ride it non stop but it took a back seat after i started riding bikes. but i dug it out about 4 months ago for a friend to ride when we went to kermit dunes. i rode it and enjoyed it but after riding a bike the quad bottoms too easy and just isnt agressive enough for me. now im not planning on getting serious on a quad so i dont wanna buy a new one and i have seen some trick 300ex on this site soooo i have a few ideas about what im looking for but i dont know. i have seen ppl putting 400ex shocks w/ a relocation kit. i like that idea and i think i know where i can pick some stock ones up cheap. can you run them with stock 300ex a-arms? and what about the rear shock the rear shock is shot anyway so is there any other long travel shock? how would this affect my quad and any other ideas to make it alittle more fun?

ps i have works performance shocks on the front, would 400ex stockers out performe them or not?

bradley300
11-20-2003, 10:13 PM
yes, use the 300ex a-arms with the reloater and 400ex shocks.
this is a better setup than using 400ex a-arms. lots of reasons i dont feel like typing, but everyone here will say i know my 300ex's so trust me

you can use a yamamha raptor rear shock on the rear, just make sure it is from an 01 model. pm me if ya got any other questions

bleupoud
11-20-2003, 10:54 PM
At the front the best thing is to have a banshee like shock (15.75 long) with spacer that you can fit on 400 ex arm. But you can't really get stock one cause of to wide shock mount. I can assure these mesurment.

BTP
11-21-2003, 05:39 PM
so what kinda difference will the 400ex shox w/ 300ex a arms and a raptor rear hsock make? im not really worried about cornering and whatnot mainly just landing from jumps. and will the raptor shock requir any fab? and it is possible to make the 400ex shock relocators myself, correct? im am an aight fabricator

Butters
11-21-2003, 06:41 PM
if you don't mx with the quad the 400ex a-arms will be fine. they just sometimes cause a little more bumpsteer.

bradley300
11-21-2003, 11:03 PM
they are also real twitchy b/c the 300ex/400ex spindle/balljoint location is different, as is the spindle/tierod end location and the tie rod end/steering stem location. not really good at all in my book.

the raptor shock requires no work, direct bolt on. i wieght 135 and found using a 400ex spring worked better for me tho. much plusher ride over stock with the stuff i reccomended you.