PDA

View Full Version : WB E-series my 2 cents

freebird
11-20-2003, 07:51 PM
HI All, just put a WB e-series (8 Disks) and a stage 1 Kit on the 03' 400 ex. Installation of the slip-on was a breeze and thanks to the jetting article in the FAQ section I changed the needle and the main to a DJ155 (Air Box Lid On) Dynojet recommended the DJ146 but it getting a little cold hear so I figured I would go a little rich (better safe than sorry).

To sum it up in 2 words YEEEEE HAAAAAA. The WB sounds GREAT..it has a nice deap sound (Almost like the Flowmaster on my truck on seroids) and the power increase in the low to mid range was VERY noticible...Had to lean forward to keep the front end down.
Didn't have enough room to open it up but I'll report back after the weekend!!

I'm sold on the e-series so far!!

UglyMotha™
11-21-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by freebird
(Almost like the Flowmaster on my truck on seroids)

ok now ya got me curious what kinda truck do you own that makes a brapp sound :huh :confused:

Doibugu2
11-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Man, I'd hate to think what you would think of my HMF. You can't even hear the WB pipes when you ride next to me.:blah:

Glad you like it!

skidplate
11-21-2003, 06:34 PM
Did you have a stock pipe before the e-series? I've been considering getting one, but really want to save for some elks.
JB

pnut420
11-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by skidplate
Did you have a stock pipe before the e-series? I've been considering getting one, but really want to save for some elks.
JB

He bought a WB e-series "slip-on", it just replaces the stock silencer, he prob had stock headers with the welds grinded down.(Does a little)

ajcroft
11-24-2003, 06:14 PM
Are you leaking any air out of the front of the pipe? I just installed the same exhaust on my 03 400ex and it leaks air at the front of the pipe

JOEX
11-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by ajcroft
Are you leaking any air out of the front of the pipe? I just installed the same exhaust on my 03 400ex and it leaks air at the front of the pipe
Is it leaking where it is rivited toghter or where it clamps to the header?

Mine was leaking at both places. I just repacked it and put some RVT silicone where it clamps to the header, it doesn't leak there but it still leaks where it is rivited. I think i'll take it apart again and put some RVT silicone there too. Unless someone says different.:confused:

Joe

ajcroft
11-24-2003, 07:14 PM
It leaks where it is rivited at the front of the exhaust that comes from the head pipe. All you did was repack what was already in there. Or did you add any packaging?

ajcroft
11-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Come to think of it, air was coming out of the head pipe. I will need to try that silicone.

Did you make any changes to your air box?

JOEX
11-24-2003, 07:24 PM
It leaks where it is rivited at the front of the exhaust that comes from the head pipe. All you did was repack what was already in there. Or did you add any packaging?
I removed all the old packing and put in new packing. I don't think it is really a problem with it leaking there. I just don't like it. lol!

Joe

SHADETREE101
11-24-2003, 09:49 PM
NAH, IT'S NOT A PROBLEM, THEY JUST DO THAT, MINE TOO. I DID REPACK MINE CERAMIC FIBRE THOUGH SO I WON'T HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN ANYTIME SOON. I LOVE THE PULL THIS PIPE GAVE MINE, AND AFTER MOVIN ONTO THE BIGGER BORE JUST REMOVE THE SPARK ARRESTOR PLATE AND YOU WILL FLOW FREE ENOUGH TO COMPISATE FOR THE DISPLACEMENT OF THE ENGINE. THAT IS WHY I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT IT.

JOEX
11-24-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by SHADETREE101
NAH, IT'S NOT A PROBLEM, THEY JUST DO THAT, MINE TOO. I DID REPACK MINE CERAMIC FIBRE THOUGH SO I WON'T HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN ANYTIME SOON. I LOVE THE PULL THIS PIPE GAVE MINE, AND AFTER MOVIN ONTO THE BIGGER BORE JUST REMOVE THE SPARK ARRESTOR PLATE AND YOU WILL FLOW FREE ENOUGH TO COMPISATE FOR THE DISPLACEMENT OF THE ENGINE. THAT IS WHY I ORIGINALLY BOUGHT IT.
I didn't think it was a problem.... What's this ceramic packing? I haven't heard of it.

I prefer to ride with the spark arrestor. I don't want to be responsible for starting fires or pissing off the locals;)

Joe

JOEX
11-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Come to think of it, air was coming out of the head pipe. I will need to try that silicone.

Did you make any changes to your air box?
I have six UNI vents but I don't think it adds much other than a lighter wallet.....