PDA

View Full Version : Bullriders.

Narly R
11-20-2003, 07:43 PM
I was just woundering if anyone in anyone's family rode or rides Bulls? My dad did for a while, and its pretty crazy stuff. It would seem pretty hard. They say its like the hardest sport in the US. :eek2: Well I was bored and just woundering...

4wheelboy
11-20-2003, 07:57 PM
um i tryed junior rodeo at cowtown lets just say im never doing that again:rolleyes:

spiderrider04
11-20-2003, 08:26 PM
my ex girl friends family raises pbr bulls

thomasblack
11-20-2003, 09:35 PM
i use to ride em quit a bit when i was younger , im gettin to old for it now. i ride saddle bronc mostly. ive broke horses most of my life so it kinda goes with the territory. im a ferrier , so im around horses all day.

FourFiftyFour
11-20-2003, 10:22 PM
my cousin rides bulls....... i guess hes pretty good at it.... we have a lot of good rodeos here... especially the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo where the best in the world come to ride

rookiex
11-20-2003, 10:50 PM
I think of quad racers as the bull riders of the motor world......or the motoX extream world of sports..you get my point....But No I dont know anyone who rides bulls..

AndrewRRR
11-21-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by rookiex
I think of quad racers as the bull riders of the motor world......or the motoX extream world of sports..you get my point....But No I dont know anyone who rides bulls..

Thats an interesting perspective. It makes sense.
I was interested about getting into bullriding for a while, a couple friends did it. When you think about it, I guess riding quads compared to riding dirtbikes is kinda like riding bulls compared to riding broncs.
Spur that sucker!

JD400exrider
11-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Thomasblack Where in texas do you live. I just bought a paint horse in texas and had it shipped out to CA. It came out of a performance horse ranch in Hamilton TX.
My wife and two daughters ride horses.

thomasblack
11-21-2003, 09:32 AM
jd, i live near austin

rookiex
11-21-2003, 10:15 AM
I think im going to go to texas to ride for a month or so.I got a friend down there who moved from upstate NY an we are still close.Texas would be sweet to ride.

11-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Now pro bullriders are athelets. Not like these chump's that shoot basketball, baseball or football. :rolleyes:

Motocross, bullriding, and mountain climbing are real sports. Everything else is just a silly little game for weaklings....:blah:

Narly R
11-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Werd up!

My mom and dad "rodeoed" for there hole life, so its a part of me. Bothhad chances to be really good, but my dad stoped when he got married to my mom, and my mom was going to go and ride cutting horses for a pro trainer, but her parents didnt want her too.

I like watchin Bullridding, most defently comparable to ridding!

K2Snow
11-21-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Now pro bullriders are athelets.

Disagree there. Hold on tight for 8 seconds. It takes a lot of balls to ride a bull, but in no way are they athletes. I know quite a few bullriders and they are in terrible shape. They've got a good grip, that's about it. I have heard that motocross was actually rated the hardest sport physically, followed by soccer. I've played just about every sport, and I think wreslting has got to be the hardest by far.

Narly R
11-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Well depends on how ya look at it. i would say they are. and depends on how far you take it too. The pros they are athletes, but Im shure there are some guys out there that are good, but dont have the charistics of others. Its more than just holding on for 8 seconds too, it may be only 8 seconds, but sometimes that costs people there lifetime. Its very dangerouse and hard. Along with many other sports. Motorcross is one of them. It has to be the hardest thing i have ever did.

K2Snow
11-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Never said they weren't skilled, and that the sport wasn't hard. I just don't think they qualify to be termed as "athletes". There is a ton of technique involved. I guess it depends on what your definition of athlete is too. If a bullrider is considered an athlete, then I guess so would a pro ping pong player? Primarily technique involved.

batgeek
11-21-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by rookiex

huh? a quad doesn't have a mind of it's own and gets pissed cuz yer on top of it.

you are in control of the quad, it does what you tell it.

you are in somewhat control of a bull...but it still has a mind of it's own. i have all the respect int he world for bull riders, it's not something i would do. call me chicken sh^t, i don't care. i aint getting on a 2000lb animal and goin YEEEE HAAAA!

K2Snow
11-21-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
huh? a quad doesn't have a mind of it's own and gets pissed cuz yer on top of it.

you are in control of the quad, it does what you tell it.

you are in somewhat control of a bull...but it still has a mind of it's own. i have all the respect int he world for bull riders, it's not something i would do. call me chicken sh^t, i don't care. i aint getting on a 2000lb animal and goin YEEEE HAAAA!

yea, but a bull doesn't exceed 5 mph and the ride only lasts 8 seconds. riding a quad can be very unpredictable at times. both can be very dangerous falling off, but a majority of the time you're gonna get hurt a lot worse wrecking a quad than falling off of a bull. *waits for someone to say otherwise*

Narly R
11-21-2003, 06:28 PM
I see what you mean K2snow!;) a pro ping pon person would be an thlete, but I wouldnt consider them one. thats what i think anyways.

batgeek
11-21-2003, 06:30 PM
but a majority of the time you're gonna get hurt a lot worse wrecking a quad than falling off of a bull.

not if the clowns don't get that bull away from ya! :D

K2Snow
11-21-2003, 06:32 PM
According to Webster's Online: athlete- a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or stamina

Dunno how much physical strength bull riding takes, but my buddies have said it is all in technique. I'm gonna be trying it this February so we'll see how true that is! Agility, no. Stamina, lasts 8 seconds max, so no. :) ok done ranting on in this thread, gotta go get ready for work

K2Snow
11-21-2003, 06:33 PM
not if the clowns don't get that bull away from ya! :D

lol, yea but those clowns do a pretty good job. if you wreck a quad, chances are you are hauling ***... or just dumb perhaps. (i mean that in general, not directed towards you batgeek)

Narly R
11-21-2003, 06:37 PM
Well ok if you get on a Bull ur on a Bull there is no cruising out on the flats or keepin it in first gear. You should expect the ride to be he*l! You CAN control how fsat you go on a quad, NOT a Bull. I would rather fall off my bike then a bull ANY day!:eek: Some people brake tehre HOLE face on the horns. I was watching it lastnight, and there was this one guy who was ridding with a broken arm, and a dislokated shoulder. And they and him didnt think anything of it.

Rodeo clowns are nuts! But thank god for them!:)

batgeek
11-21-2003, 06:54 PM
hehe, i'll get in/on any motorized vehicle. i am not getting on a pissed off bull.

much respect to the bull riders.

400exrules
11-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
Disagree there. Hold on tight for 8 seconds. It takes a lot of balls to ride a bull, but in no way are they athletes. I know quite a few bullriders and they are in terrible shape. They've got a good grip, that's about it. I have heard that motocross was actually rated the hardest sport physically, followed by soccer. I've played just about every sport, and I think wreslting has got to be the hardest by far.

eexactly wut i was gonna say...................wrestling has to be the toughest or close to toughest sport out their..........its very rough

dirtmomma
11-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Wrangler Butts drive me nuts!!:eek: :o ;)...................

just my .02 worth:devil:

Narly R
11-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma

:eek::uhoh::D

400exrules
11-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma

how bout Carhartts? :D

JD400exrider
11-21-2003, 09:47 PM
It is not allways the falling off that hurts riding that pissed off bull. It is when they stick ya with the horn or step on ya. I watched a cowboy get stepped on at the local rodeo a couple years ago after falling off. He was dead shortly after.

Narly R
11-21-2003, 10:01 PM
ya mthey dont care if they step on you. and when they do it hurts.:( :confused2

Ive seen some pretty bad accidents also....

SGA
11-22-2003, 12:07 AM
hehe, i'll get in/on any motorized vehicle. i am not getting on a pissed off bull.

much respect to the bull riders.
I agree! No way will I have 1500- 2000 pounds stomp on me!
I cringe everytime I see a bulls front hoof land inches away from a bull rider. Hats off to them, they have bigger cahoonas than me.

dirtmomma
11-22-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
how bout Carhartts? :D

hehehe sure:p