PDA

View Full Version : airbox lid off. questons (250ex)

WickedRider
11-20-2003, 07:30 PM
ok i jus got a K&N airfilter & outerwears prefilter, i figured since i had the prefilter ill run w/ the lid off. i havent had a chance to ride it & wont until saturday. but i was wondering is is rejetting really nessacery ? oh yeah it seem'd to be louder w/ the lid off? could have been my immagination:)

linkcmd88
11-20-2003, 07:53 PM
ya you got to rejet and yes its louder

WickedRider
11-22-2003, 05:53 PM
:devil:

ReconRider25
11-22-2003, 06:07 PM
it can hurt the motor if you ride it alot without rejetting cuz it could overheat. if i were you id run with the lid on till you get a muffler.

250exlogan
11-24-2003, 07:17 PM
ya man go ahead and put a 110 main jet in, thats what i run. i have a WB and UNI and OUterwear, and it runs great!!!!:devil:

redroost85
11-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Heck yeah you gotta rejet! When I had my old pimped out 250 I had the K&N with no lid and a full DG exhaust....man was that mofo loud! Just rejet it man, it will wake up that little 250. Give ya a little more bark! Sometimes it seems louder than my 400.

Ahh, that quad was fun!:bandit:

03400EX_Nacs
11-24-2003, 09:56 PM
i dont see how it doesnt hurt when dirt can go directly into your air filter what do you have to do clean it a alot more?

250exlogan
11-25-2003, 04:19 PM
ya you have to clean it more offen. Hey redroost85 was that your 250ex witrh the black rims and the red DG bumper????????
I like it. i have it printed off and in my room now on the wall

redroost85
11-25-2003, 06:26 PM
Logan....lol! Now I am famous! Yeah that was my ride. Actually those pics didn't do it justice. Soon after I had Tamers on the back with Holeshots up front....it ran much better. Gosh darn but I dropped a lot of dough into that thing, lol! It was a looker that's for sure! If it weren't for the money and getting a 400, I wish I coulda kept that thing!

Who'da thought my ride would make someone's wall, lol! Too bad freaking Dirt Wheels didn't think so....oh well!

Thanks again for the compliment man, it's nice to be appreciated.

Well, not like you need to be told, but let's ride already!:D

250exlogan
11-25-2003, 06:43 PM
ya no problem do you have a nother pic of it with turfs?
do you have a hotmail account?? if you do pm me your e-mail and i willl add yyou to my messanger and we will talk about your 250ex !!!! if thats kool w/ you

CG's
12-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Not necessarily do you need to rejet your carb in your situation. I ran mine with no lid for over 1000 miles, beating the crap out of it, and I have over 2000 miles on it now and I have had not one problem. Though if you decide to put a 110 ten main jet in it, cut the end of the snorkel tube off at the very end and run the lid. Your filter will stay cleaner and you'll have more power overall than with out the lid. I run a 110 main jet due to the cut end of the snorkel and throttle response is much better along with noticable power gain all over. It costs nothing other than the $3.00 main jet; which is extremely easy to change!

12-20-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by CG's
Not necessarily do you need to rejet your carb in your situation. I ran mine with no lid for over 1000 miles, beating the crap out of it, and I have over 2000 miles on it now and I have had not one problem. Though if you decide to put a 110 ten main jet in it, cut the end of the snorkel tube off at the very end and run the lid. Your filter will stay cleaner and you'll have more power overall than with out the lid. I run a 110 main jet due to the cut end of the snorkel and throttle response is much better along with noticable power gain all over. It costs nothing other than the $3.00 main jet; which is extremely easy to change!

Hey Bro i'll sum it up for ya. REJET :blah: