PDA

View Full Version : A possible solution to eliminating the "flamers" and "trolls" from this site...

MOFO
02-12-2002, 01:11 PM
Leo & Mod's.....

I think I might have a solution that would help clear up this site big time. One of the large "Diesel engine" forums had a problem with people jumping on there and just posting "Ford is better than Dodge....Dodge is better than GM....GM is better than Ford...etc.....just flat out flame starters". What this site did was setup a one time charge to post on this site. In a matter of weeks, the site was completely cleared up with informative posts.

I feel that a very small one time charge on this site would be the solution. Even a small charge such as $3-5 (heck, make it $8 and give out an EXRiders sticker with the subscription) would eliminate those trouble makers...they wont bother sending in $$$ just to troll around. If they do, by paying the $$$ they are agreeing to the site rules 100%. I know this might be a pain in the arse to setup, but I honestly think it would help the forums and it would help out with the cost of the site.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions to add, please reply....

Eric

Scott
02-12-2002, 01:25 PM
I'd pay, especially if I get a sticker. Anyone that's ever been to beaterz.com knows that sticker=performance and yellow=performance.

Seriously, I don't think a one time fee is a problem. It would help offset a little of the cost for Leo. Kinda like the Leo Christmas fund idea...

Now I just have to figure out if I'm a troll.... I'm pretty sure I'm not a flamer, but I'm not sure about this troll thing... Although my wife has referred to me as a flaming ********* before... But I don't think she meant it...

JustRace
02-12-2002, 05:27 PM
I agree, I would definately pay a fee to be on this site.

Striker49
02-12-2002, 07:05 PM
Thats a good idea but cheap people like me I dont think would wanna pay. And actually there arent many flamers that are on here and if they cause to much trouble the Mods take care of it. Its an ok idea but how many people would EXRiders lose to it? The needs of the many out-weigh the needs of the few, or the one. :devil Just my .02 cents.

NJ300ex
02-13-2002, 02:47 PM
why can't leo just ban these people once they start flaming.

400exRacerX
02-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Because it would be a hassle.

4punksdad
02-14-2002, 06:03 AM
it sounds like a good idea. I am sure your diesel engine forum if full of mostly adults anyway. They have no problem shelling out an 8.00 check.

this forum however has many kids.........they don't have checking accounts or credit cards to pay the 8.00

this would eliminate many of the younger members......and keeping the younger members well informed is important to the growth of the sport.

personally, I would pay...........but I might have never joined if the fee had been there in the beginning, out of pure ignorance.
JMHO

Scott
02-14-2002, 06:24 AM
Good point. I've never paid to join any other site, and if it were my first time coming to this one I would just click "back" again. Hadn't thought of it that way...

MOFO
02-14-2002, 06:27 AM
very good points. Well, now that I take a step back and look at everything....all and all, the site is doing pretty good on "those" kind of problems. Oh well, it was just an idea. :)

Eric

4punksdad
02-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by VWVR6
very good points. Well, now that I take a step back and look at everything....all and all, the site is doing pretty good on "those" kind of problems. Oh well, it was just an idea. :)

Eric

cmon.........tell the truth.........leo hired you & promised to pay you 25% of all of the cash you could squeeze out of us poor folks :D

Leo
02-15-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by 4punksdad

cmon.........tell the truth.........leo hired you & promised to pay you 25% of all of the cash you could squeeze out of us poor folks :D

LOL...

show me the money...!

;)

Leo

xfox250x
02-18-2002, 06:58 PM
what do you mean flamers and trollers

cron-ex
02-18-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by xfox250x
what do you mean flamers and trollers

People who cause trouble.