PDA

View Full Version : McCords PowerFlow System

XANDADA
11-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Has "ANYONE" installed a Ron McCords PowerFlow (CFI) Turbo System in a 2 or 4-stroke single cylinder engine?

When searching for performance mods for my stock bore 2000 XR250R people say install a pumper carb w/air box & muffler upgrade and most performance problems are solved. Other people say pumper carbs only have a slight power increase over stock 96'-03' Honda XR250R carbs (w/a $400+ price tag "ouch") and still have similar starting & flooding problems after a fall. Other people say the Edelbrock pumper carb is the best solution due to its external fuel venting design that doesn't flood after a fall. "OR" add a hot start button on the stock carb and kick only 8-12 times vrs 15-20 times when the bike is hot & flooded ("YA!"... that works NOT!).

Seems to me the Ron McCords CFI (Continuous Flow Induction) Turbo System makes the most sense at about $200... "IF IT REALLY WORKS??"

According to the manufacturer Ron McCord: increasing the air & fuel mixture velocity threw your engine (re: better carb, air box & pipe mods) is only part of the solution to increase overall performance. The other problem lye's in today's current intake technology when the high velocity air & fuel mixture "STOPS FLOWING" for a millisecond (or so) when the valves slam close during each combustion cycle . When the valves close, this high velocity air & fuel mixture stop or collide in the intake chamber creating a momentary back-flow (or reversion effect) into the carb that interrupt fuel atomization and the flow cycle that in effect robs performance.

McCords PowerFlow System is designed to redirect this "flow reversion effect" threw a custom manifold and SONIC TUBE loop (like a 2-stroke expansion chamber) to balance the flow of the air & fuel mixture to help eliminate this effect when the valves close. Manufacturer claims: Dyno tested for overall power increase & broader power curve, stronger low-mid-and high end torque and noticeable "over-rev", smoother idling, excellent throttle response and "EASIER" hot & cold starting regardless of altitude. Consistant fuel atomization and better flow also burns fuel cleaner and cooler to increased overall engine durability and fuel economy.

Also from what I've read, this concept apparently is NOT a new idea. Older versions of this concept were tested on muti-cylinder road racing bikes and had erratic and sometimes "dangerous" results. Ron McCord said his system only works on single cylinder single carb motors and currently has around 30 test proven production systems available for sale for both 2 and 4-stroke machines.

airheadedduner
11-20-2003, 12:13 PM
Sounds like another bs product to me, put in it on a shelf next to the powernow:rolleyes: I would think that vacum from the engine would be more then enough to overcome any backflow effect, how much direction can a fuel charge make in a fraction of a second. On a 2 stroke the intake flow is slowed even less. When the piston is down it is sucked into the cylinder, when it is up is is pulled into the crankcase. Intake velocity is more consistent there. If this is such an obvious problem then why in all the history of the internal combustion engine is it just now being taken care off. Rip off....