PDA

View Full Version : Michigan

BlkSnShn
11-20-2003, 10:40 AM
Any Michigan People here? and where do you ride?

TheChknhwk
11-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Chillin' in Hemlock.... I ride up at Bull Gap trail system and Silver Lake....

MITrail400EX
11-27-2003, 09:02 PM
I'm from Livonia, but I've ridden alot in the Lower peninsula. I've been to:
Bull Gap
St. Helens
Kalkaska Loop
Denton Loop
Denton - Leota
Atlanta
Black Lake
Silver Lake
and a couple more places that are local, but not quite legal to ride at.:D I actually didn't know that it was illegal to ride at this one spot until the cops showed up. The cop was cool, he just said to pack it up and next time I go riding, park some place else. If he doesn't see trucks parked where I was, he doesn't bother going into the woods to find the riders.

michigan rider
11-28-2003, 08:25 PM
me and cleanshave300ex go riding at Gladwin and Bull Gap(much better)

hey MITrail400EX how is the St. Helens system? i ve talked to people about it and some say it is good while others say is sucks. what do u think? and have u rode the old sky slope there and where is it?

TheChknhwk
11-29-2003, 07:00 AM
Anyone rode Harrison? I heard that there's some unpublished riding areas there.

heavy_d
11-29-2003, 07:08 AM
Thumb riding here

MITrail400EX
11-30-2003, 03:10 PM
I personally love St Helens. Its got a little of everything and its one of the closest trails for me. If you like sand, its got hills and a big open area. If you like hills, theres lots of them. If you like speed, theres alot of open routes where you can run for miles at wide open. If you're into tight trails, theres miles of them that take you all over the place, including within a few miles of the Houghton area if you take the right trails. I'm not familiar with the names of the areas, so I might know the Old Sky hill your talking about, just not by name. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else and I'm totally off. Either way, its a great trail system to check out, even once. If you're up for it, shoot me an email around late march-early april next year. I'll be back in town and itching to ride. I'm always looking for someone to ride with.

michigan rider
12-01-2003, 09:50 AM
sounds good to me

BigBadRap660
12-01-2003, 12:10 PM
i have a cabin in lake city where i ride the kalkaska loop... but ive been riding at silver lake for a while

A4StrokeGuy
12-01-2003, 03:47 PM
SWMI here. Can't say i've been to any trails in the state just Silver Lake. If your into MX there are a few great tracks in souther MI. iF your close to indiana the badlands is always a good day trip.

jordan

www.redbudmx.com
www.logroadmx.com
www.dutchsportparkmx.com
www.badlandsoffroad.com

86350x
12-02-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by MITrail400EX
I personally love St Helens. Its got a little of everything and its one of the closest trails for me. If you like sand, its got hills and a big open area. If you like hills, theres lots of them. If you like speed, theres alot of open routes where you can run for miles at wide open. If you're into tight trails, theres miles of them that take you all over the place, including within a few miles of the Houghton area if you take the right trails. I'm not familiar with the names of the areas, so I might know the Old Sky hill your talking about, just not by name. Or maybe I'm thinking of something else and I'm totally off. Either way, its a great trail system to check out, even once. If you're up for it, shoot me an email around late march-early april next year. I'll be back in town and itching to ride. I'm always looking for someone to ride with.

I told him it sucked, maybe there were some spots I missed though. It was ok, but not as much fun as bull gap. The funnest area I found was that big sand pit. It had the big bowl over on the right side with about 7 dead man's (no run) hill climbs. The two main ones were fun to drag race eachother up though. Way too dusty, easy to get lost. Maybe There is more to it that I am missing though.:confused:

michigan rider
12-03-2003, 01:00 PM
there is some old ski slope there, the lodge burned down or something and now it is part of the system. but i cant find anyone who has been there lately that remembers how to get there

MITrail400EX
12-03-2003, 01:19 PM
You wouldn't be referring to the snowpackers lodge would you? I saw signs for it last time I was up there and almost got curious enough to go have a look. I was running out of daylight though and its hard enough as it is to load a quad by yourself into a pickup bed without ramps. I've found that its easiest to put the quad on its grab bar, open the tailgate, then lower the quad back down into the bed of the truck. Seems like a lot of work, but it really makes things easier. BTW, I just picked up another quad and I'm looking to get a small utility trailer if anyone knows one for sale in Southern Michigan/ Northwest Ohio/ Northeast Indiana. I'd need something around the size of 6 ft wide by 8 ft long. I'd prefer full-size tires but small will be ok. Talk to you all later.

michigan rider
12-03-2003, 01:31 PM
i never heard a name, just was told there was a ski slope you could ride.

michigan rider
12-03-2003, 01:40 PM
I rode a little bit of it last year in a dune buggy, but since then it has new owners. Is it worth going with a four wheeler?
And does anyone know what it cost to get in, and cost to camp?

going riding this week end and wondering if we should try this place

________
97 300 ex

witti
12-03-2003, 01:48 PM
Im from West olive(near Grand Rapids)

Mainly ride at silver lake.

Check out michigandirtslingers.com a new site.

86350x
12-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by michigan rider
I rode a little bit of it last year in a dune buggy, but since then it has new owners. Is it worth going with a four wheeler?
And does anyone know what it cost to get in, and cost to camp?

going riding this week end and wondering if we should try this place

________
97 300 ex

Pm SpecWarrior on blue traxx, or R4RACE That's were they normally ride. I haven't gone there yet.
"
BTW, I just picked up another quad and I'm looking to get a small utility trailer if anyone knows one for sale in Southern Michigan/ Northwest Ohio/ Northeast Indiana. I'd need something around the size of 6 ft wide by 8 ft long. I'd prefer full-size tires but small will be ok. Talk to you all later."

Pick up a used aluminum 2 place snowmobile trailer. You can usually get a good one for around 400 bucks. They pull so easy it's hard to tell it's back there. Just repack the wheel bearings a couple of times a year and they are good to go.

J-Nubs
12-23-2003, 10:25 PM
hey i live in south east mi and im always lookin for people and places to ride and i ride all year round

J-Nubs
12-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by MITrail400EX
I'm from Livonia, but I've ridden alot in the Lower peninsula.

and a couple more places that are local, but not quite legal to ride at.:D I actually didn't know that it was illegal to ride at this one spot until the cops showed up. The cop was cool, he just said to pack it up and next time I go riding, park some place else. If he doesn't see trucks parked where I was, he doesn't bother going into the woods to find the riders.

hey i live in troy and im in livonia a lot what are some of the local places that u know of?

and i know a lot of people from livonia what highschool did u go to?

MITrail400EX
12-24-2003, 01:00 PM
Well there are a few place that are local for me, but not technically legal to ride on. Theres Ford and Lotz, which is some old property behind the home depot there. Its hard to get to, because you either have to ride 1/2 mile on a public road (get your quad confescated if they catch you) or 1/4 mile down a railroad track (felony, plus they take your quad). Or, if you have a 4x4 pickup, you can drive it back with your quad in the bed. Then, there is a place out by Beck Rd. and 12 mile in Walled lake. Its really tight trails, but they are on electric company land. They will prosecute you if they catch you back there. Then, I ride through my neighborhood sometimes which is technically illegal, but none of my neighbors care. Half of them own quads themselves, so they understand. Anyway, I've gotten away from riding illegally. I have too much at risk to get caught doing something stupid. I'd much rather just stay on the state trails now. To answer your other question, I went to Churchill and graduated 2000.

J-Nubs
12-24-2003, 10:19 PM
ya itd definately suck to get your quad confescated i ride on some land in rochester thats not exactly legal either but ive talked to some people about it so its not too big of a deal but the problem is its only gonna be there for about another year so i wanted some place to go to thats less than an hour away once that place is gone. i think my buddies go to that place in walled lake your talking about but they got bikes so they dont ride in the winter. i know quite a bit of younger people from churchill i know people that graduated in 02 and 03 mostly my ex g/f went there she lives at 5 and middlebelt. and i bought my car from andy kruzinski who graduated 02

im not sure if it had the stripes on it when u were there do u know any younger people from churchill
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p7af4c06d5243a662fbb83b77fc9932c7/fa990959.jpg

MITrail400EX
12-26-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by J-Nubs
i know quite a bit of younger people from churchill i know people that graduated in 02 and 03 mostly my ex g/f went there she lives at 5 and middlebelt. and i bought my car from andy kruzinski who graduated 02

im not sure if it had the stripes on it when u were there do u know any younger people from churchill
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid87/p7af4c06d5243a662fbb83b77fc9932c7/fa990959.jpg

yeah, I remember seeing your car around my area. I've heard Andy's name before but I'm not sure if I've met him. I still know a couple people that graduated after me, but not many. I mostly hung out with kids that were older than me. What is your ex's name? She lives right by me and we might have met before.

J-Nubs
12-26-2003, 08:06 PM
leah gordon

MITrail400EX
12-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Nope, sorry. Can't say that I've ever met her. The name doesn't really sound familiar either. Did she just move to the area?

J-Nubs
12-29-2003, 06:09 PM
no shes been there a long time who are some of the younger people you know? her sister works at the outback right there do u know some of the people that work there?

so what quads do u have ?

400EX_Kid_03
01-06-2004, 10:38 PM
I Live near the Ann Arbor area, anybody know of any good areas around there to ride? anybody live around here?

ZSK
01-19-2004, 01:56 PM
Any michigan riders check out michigandirtslingers.com new site with michigan riders.

michigan rider
01-19-2004, 02:15 PM
michigandirtslingers.com is a great site anyonw from Michigan should check it out