PDA

View Full Version : finally rode the yfz....

250rtone
11-20-2003, 06:52 AM
A local guy i know just got a blue yfz and let me try it out on tuesday, all i can say is i hope honda got their $hit togeather because i fell in love with the yamaha. It reminded me of my old R , it revs very quickly and it felt so light you can toss it around easily , i had a hard time trying to wipe the smile off my face.........but its not a honda and i am loyal to that brand, so i am going to wait until i try the new 450r before i make my next purchase. Its going to be tough holding out because they wont be available here in Canada until sometime after the new year and i am not sold on the kick start, brings back memories of the 350x that was no joy to try and get going when it was hot, but that was almost 20 years ago, and alot has changed so we will have to wait and see.........

Cody_300ex
11-20-2003, 07:50 AM
From what i've read in the reviews such as this one http://********.com/evaluations/hondatrx450r11-03.htm its been quite easy to kick over.;)

jmoney45
11-20-2003, 10:43 AM
You know, I too have ridden a yfz (twice) and don't know how people can complain about them. The only complaint I have is the hard seat. It is REALLY noticeable. Other than that I thought they rocked. Quite a bit of power and felt even lighter than my 400 ex. Both were bone stock so I'm sure they would be even faster with slight mods. I'm leaning towards the honda, but I think either bike would be awesome. Just glad these new bikes are finally out.

SlapNutz
11-20-2003, 11:58 AM
:bandit:

jollyrj
11-20-2003, 12:20 PM
Great quad! We have one... can do about anything you need it to do... I can totally agree on the hard seat though.. my 400EX feels better on my tush..

stonerider250x
11-20-2003, 03:57 PM
how does the size of them compare to the 400ex?

EvilJester400EX
11-20-2003, 04:11 PM
YFZ definitely feels smaller, and the seat is a rock, lol.

Toadz400
11-20-2003, 04:28 PM
the yfz450 i rode was awesome, stock red&white, seat was a little hard but it didn't bother me as i was moving around a lot and my butt was off of the seat most of the time anyway. felt a little small though, if i ever got one i think i'd have to get a +1 steering stem even though i'm only 5'10".

Nausty
11-20-2003, 05:21 PM
i'm a big guy and I thought the yfz felt a lot more roomier. On the 400ex it feels like the bars are always turning into my side and I can't get n e leverage on them but on the yfz its perfect.

Don't really like the lack of lowend though. Also the shocks arn't near as good as people make them to be imo. Other than that I think they are cool but they look ugly.:o So does the crf450.

NTPRacing#19
11-20-2003, 06:04 PM
ive got one and ive been a honda man and always will be but this yamaha is one ride i like. i do need a +1 steerin stem for it tho when i put on some tag t-2's

RiPPiNiTuP7
11-21-2003, 12:08 AM
besides the seat i have no complaints with my yfz, i see myself keeping it for a very long time.

AndrewRRR
11-21-2003, 12:58 AM
I love Honda too, but not enough to choose it over a superior quad. I'm anxious to see the comparisons when the new R's come out.
for example, I'll always love R's, and I'll probably always have my R... but after a few years of working with a 1 cylinder handicap I finally broke down and got a banshee. I love R's and know how to make them fast, but I already know this 'shee is gonna be a lot easier to make fast than my R was.
After the stock to stock comparo, it'll be cool to see which one responds well to mods. What are the most modded YFZ's putting out hp-wise?
Also, with regards to the hard seat, has anyone tried pulling off the seat cover and re-stapling it looser, or is the foam the problem? Stuff that sucker like a couch!

airheadedduner
11-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Unless the honda is the chit then I may be lookingat joining the tuneing fork army next summer. There was one at the track the last race. I was dissipointed with the motor. I didn't get to ride it but off the line he was a couple bikes over and I killed it, not even close. He had a pipe too. I think all the hype got my expectations too high. I think it looks killer. The 450R is fugly. A new hood though and it would probly look alot like an R(hint, hint....fibe)

trueblue450
11-21-2003, 02:04 PM
My arse hurt for a long time but you get used to it now i like the seat. But its a great quad im sure the 450r will be great too.

NTPRacing#19
11-21-2003, 04:31 PM
the yamaha and honda both revolutionized the sport forever