PDA

View Full Version : Near death incident

daiglea
11-20-2003, 05:36 AM
Well i've been jumping out of plane now for like 3 years and have over 200 jumps. Well yesterday was the scariest one. Jump out at 15000 feet and free falled till around 7000 feet. Pulled my chut and it come out tangled. So i release it and look at my altitude and i'm at like 5000 feet and going down freaking fast. So i pull the reserve and it comes out twisted. wen all was said and done and i had the freaking thing un twisted and it caught wind i was at 1000 feet from the ground. Let's just say i had to go change my underware after this one. After i stopped shaking I repacked my chut and did 3 more jumps. Man what a ball..

Jennys440'Dale
11-20-2003, 05:43 AM
Sounds like you were lucky! And you did more afterwards? You're nuts! :eek2:

My first time jumping was this summer in Michigan. Scary, but at least I accomplished it. I would love to do it again. My jump was perfect at 13,000 ft. Remind me to never tandem jump with you! ;)

daiglea
11-20-2003, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Jennys440'Dale
Sounds like you were lucky! And you did more afterwards? You're nuts! :eek2:

My first time jumping was this summer in Michigan. Scary, but at least I accomplished it. I would love to do it again. My jump was perfect at 13,000 ft. Remind me to never tandem jump with you! ;)

If i would of not jumped again i would of been too scared to ever go up again. The first one was a bit scary but let me tell you i packed the chut to perfection so i knew it would open ;).

Don't worry i have 10 tandems done already. I'll take care of you ;)

MOFO
11-20-2003, 05:52 AM
http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/eeeeek.gif

damn... I'm surprised you jumped again that day. I know my pants would be a bit dirty!!!

daiglea
11-20-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
http://www.ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/eeeeek.gif

damn... I'm surprised you jumped again that day. I know my pants would be a bit dirty!!!

Let's just say i got to was some underware for next jump.

Jennys440'Dale
11-20-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by daiglea
If i would of not jumped again i would of been too scared to ever go up again. The first one was a bit scary but let me tell you i packed the chut to perfection so i knew it would open ;).

Don't worry i have 10 tandems done already. I'll take care of you ;)

You have a point about jumping again. You have to get back up and try it again before you have too much time to think about it!!

I don't think I will be jumping anytime soon. Once was good enough. That 180.00 is alot of $$ for a 3 minute fall from the sky!!!

daiglea
11-20-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Jennys440'Dale
You have a point about jumping again. You have to get back up and try it again before you have too much time to think about it!!

I don't think I will be jumping anytime soon. Once was good enough. That 180.00 is alot of $$ for a 3 minute fall from the sky!!!

First jump is very expensive because of the training we give to beginers. But it only cost 50$ a jump after. Here anyways. But we only have a small sesna for a plane for fuel i not much of an issue ;).

cody anderson
11-20-2003, 06:49 AM
:huh geez, that sounds like a lot of fun...

44oEX
11-20-2003, 09:37 AM
Good thing your OK cause we have to go riding toughter this winter.

daiglea
11-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 44oEX
Good thing your OK cause we have to go riding toughter this winter.

Seing as you have that 500Kit i think i'll just stay home ;).. So how's it running now. I hear you had a bit of issues with it.

quadfamily
11-20-2003, 10:30 AM
YOU GUYS JUMP OUT OF PERFECTLY GOOD PLANES??

daiglea
11-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by quadfamily

Aparently you haven't seen the airplane we jump out of. Beleve me i realy think it's better to jump out. I had to do one landing in it and that scared me more than jumpin out of it. It's pretty bad when some of the instruments are identifyed with masking tape and pen. And the pilot door is keeped closed with duck tape.

44oEX
11-20-2003, 11:59 AM
Yeah I did have some problems. I pulled out a stud. But I fix that already.

Right know I have it appart ( the bike ) for a clean up and some new paint, but it will be out in a few weeks. as soon a it freezes and there is no more mud. Taht way the bike will stay clean all winter.

Even if I have the 500 kit you can keep up no problem as long as I'm only in 4 gear :D . Just kidding you. But you better come ride this winter so I can see what that bike of yours can do.

AndrewRRR
11-20-2003, 12:37 PM
That's spooky. Shoot the guy who packs your chute, and if you packed it, be more careful! lol
I did it once at 13,500ft, I'd love to do it some more. It's a blast.

Blysster
11-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by daiglea
First jump is very expensive because of the training we give to beginers. But it only cost 50$ a jump after. Here anyways. But we only have a small sesna for a plane for fuel i not much of an issue ;).

Did you take this course at the Moncton airport?

A few of us are planning on going next summer, where can we get the course?

daiglea
11-21-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Blysster
Did you take this course at the Moncton airport?

A few of us are planning on going next summer, where can we get the course?

You can take the course at the drop Zone in Moncton. It is located on Irish Town road. I don't know the # of hand but this is the best place to learn. They got it down like an art. The first course will give you the basics. The course will last one full day and includes one jump at the end. Cost is around 250$. You will not free fall for the first 25 jumps. Your chut will be deployed by an experianced jumper. But i highly recomend try to get some free fall. It's the most amazing rush ever.

Jennys440'Dale
11-21-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by quadfamily

Yup-- you should try it some time. FUN!!!!!:cool: