PDA

View Full Version : Changeing oil on 300EX

EXrider02
02-12-2002, 12:25 PM
I havent ever changed the oil on a ATV before, but I want to change the oil on my 300EX..Is it difficult at all?

kc 300EX
02-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Not hard at all, All I do is, take out the boldt in the botom of the quad(and the washer) and let the oil drain into a pan, then put bolt back in, fill it up with oil, easy, Clean the oil filtyer too, thats 3 boldts, take it out, dont lose the spring, wash it in gas or sumthing, or just buy a new one(4 bucks i think)

Scott
02-15-2002, 10:44 AM
The oil filters I've seen are more like the paper type, not something that was supposed to be washed and re-used. A Yamaha I had used a reuseable oil filter, but I didn't think my 300 filter was reusable...:huh

4punksdad
02-17-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Scott
The oil filters I've seen are more like the paper type, not something that was supposed to be washed and re-used. A Yamaha I had used a reuseable oil filter, but I didn't think my 300 filter was reusable...:huh

thats right...........don't wash the filter with gas. the LAST thing you want is gas in your oil.........buy a new filter at every oil change. its only a few bucks.

"BLAHH"300!!
02-17-2002, 10:30 PM
i got like 20 of em'....if i go to the honda shop for somethin' i just pick another up...they prolly think i change my oil everyday or somethin'....

don't forget to put oil back in it....i usually refill the oil to the mark on the stick..crank it WITHOUT messing with the throttle shuttng it off and checking again..add if it needs it.....