PDA

View Full Version : Which front tires?

Texan32
02-12-2002, 10:19 AM
Ok, i just got a pair of Bandit 20x10x10 AT's on the rear. One word... F@%#ing Awsome! You know your tires are gripping when you down shift, accidentally dump the clutch...and nearly get thrown over the front end! .....who said the factory rears are good tires?!

Anyhow, my question....My factory fronts are getting pretty worn. The factory tires (up front at least) seemed to work great. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are the Bandit fronts good tires? Or would i be better off with something else. I do all kinds of riding. Mostly trail. (not too many mx tracks in ND)

Any thoughts?

luvmyex
02-12-2002, 11:34 AM
the bandit fronts are good tires.Very tough and the flat profile seems to not fold like the rounded tires.But they are HEAVY.Thats why i went with the fast treckers in front.Only 4 ply but no problems so far with flats.I really like the tires alot.They grip really well.

02-12-2002, 12:00 PM
A Texan from North Dakota??:huh

I think if you like your front tires, why not go ahead and get the same ones?? I know the ITP holeshots 21" and 23" fronts want to push alot. I like my stock fronts too, but they don't handle the abuse the Holeshots do.

FYI, I'm one of those guys that said I like the stock rear tires....:eek:

Scott
02-12-2002, 12:07 PM
I still like the Ohatsu pro-comp front tires.

Texan32
02-12-2002, 12:09 PM
I'm a Texan who's stationed in ND. Uncle Sam wanted me to experience what cold really is. :rolleyes:

I ran the factory rears for about 6 months. They weren't bad. They didn't hook anywhere near as good as the bandits, especially in sand. I understand they aren't sand tires, but unless i shifted my weight back, i could almost let off the clutch and sit still.

They're not bad, it's just that there is SOOO much better out there. Thats all.