PDA

View Full Version : Another jetting question with the e-series

01ytrx400ex
08-16-2001, 06:12 AM
OK guys, tell me if I am on the right track, I purchased a e-series slip on and after posting jetting questions on this board and contacting my dealer I have come up with the following:

>My Honda dealer said he would put in a 142 Main and leave in 7 disks on the pipe.

My owner’s manual states that their best dyno run was with a 155 main and 12 disks on the pipe.

I have purchased a 155 main and a 42 slow jet but have yet to install them.

I currently have the 148 main and 9 disks installed and it seems to run nice around the yard but I have yet to get any real time on it yet. The plug still looks good with this little time on it and this weekend I was planning a day trip to put it to the test. I will check it again after this weekend to see the plug color. Does it sound like I am on the right track with the size of the main and the nine disks? I thought it was logical because it is between the two recommended setups.

Thanks!!
:D

Wheelie
08-16-2001, 08:58 AM
Personally I would leave the 12 discs in the silencer. Have you removed or drilled holes in your airbox lid, if you have your jetting #'s sound good.

01ytrx400ex
08-16-2001, 11:10 AM
Air box is not drilled at all. I do however use a UNI filter.

Thanks,

Greg:rolleyes:

Wheelie
08-16-2001, 02:08 PM
For the best performance out of your pipe, either remove your airbox lid, or drill 6-1" holes in it and put in the 42 pilot and 155 main. If you wish to leave the stock airbox lid in place without modifying it, leave your jetting as it is, or go up to a 150 on the main.

I think your dealer was suggesting the 7 disc setup, because 7 discs would closely match the performance of the stock intake setup.