PDA

View Full Version : Spit Or Swallow

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
11-19-2003, 07:34 PM
YOU PERVERTS....

I am just wondering for all you hunters that rub snuff...your out in the woods with a dip of snuff in and your hunting...do you spit out the juice or do you swallow it because deer might smell it..

Tonight I was out hunting and before I swallowed the juice because a few doe walked up on me as soon as I was in the stand.but tonight I spit the juice out for an hour or so and then 4 doe walked up on my stand..they didn't seem to notice the smell.. So I dont think it would matter what you do..

I JUST WANT OPINIONS

tclapp
11-19-2003, 07:45 PM
I think that becuase it is more or less a natural smell they dont pay any attention to it, if you want a really good cover that will cover your sent take a jar of peanut butter out in the woods with you and when you climb up in your stand open that jar and the deer will pay absolutly no attention to your scent

legaleagle
11-19-2003, 07:50 PM
I say swallow... It may just convince you to give up the habit!:eek2:

Pappy
11-19-2003, 07:54 PM
just about every buck ive ever killed was shot when i had a smoke hangin outta my mouth. and i dont carry a jar or bag with me....i hang it right off the treestand. i use scent-loc gear and since then any other smell in the woods hasnt seemed to alarm any deer. hell ive seen a deer walk under my stand and eat a cigarette butt so i cant imagine a bit of dip on a leaf would send mossy horns headin for cover

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
11-19-2003, 07:59 PM
MY dad has shot 3 deer out of the same treestand with cigarette everytime...one was in Ohio Big Buck...I was really looking for your reply pappy..Seems you get a Buck everyyear.. last year I shot my first deer with a bow...a button buck but I was very proud...and so was my dad...I missed the biggest buck of my life about a week ago...Nice 10 pointer...aimed for the neck cuz that was all I could see...a week later another guy shot it but couldn't find it...its been seen again since then but looks very sickly..Im hoping to get another shot at him this year:)

Pappy
11-19-2003, 08:09 PM
well the way this season (bow) has been going for me i dont know if id listen to me either:eek: :p

i rememeber back in the day all the "experts" telling me what to do and what not to do. then we all found out the guys on TV and videos were illegally hunting on game farms and such:o so i said screw them. im a friggon human being with brains enough to out smart a friggon animal:eek: so i just started paying attention from year to year. i remembed where i saw bucks during certain times of year and where deer where likely to be given certain weather conditions. bingo...ol' pappy started slayin deer like rosie o'donnel slays donuts at the bakery:devil:

just hunt smart. pay attention to the woods and sign you see. hunt smarter and longer then the other hunters. make sure you have the gear you need and it and you should be able to preform when the chance arrives. i know guys that shoot 3-d matches all year and still cant get a buck with a bow. same goes with guys that can shoot a rifle at the range but cant seem to be in the right place at the right time. luck and chance play a big part with hunting.....but you can help your odd's a ton if you just use the brain god gave ya.

have a great season and i hope you get your buck of a lifetime:cool:

redroost85
11-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Heck by looking at the title of this here thread I thought for sure ole Pappy would be locking'er down. But since I know what you are talking about....I spit my Skoal....swallowing is just plain bitter. Besides I've found that the deer enjoy the Wintergreen flavor, lol!:D

86350x
11-20-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
just about every buck ive ever killed was shot when i had a smoke hangin outta my mouth.

You haven't quit either eh?:(

TheX1992
11-20-2003, 06:40 AM
im the man with an iron gut! kidding. once i put it in i never have to spit. jus swallow it all down

11-20-2003, 09:55 AM
my dad smokes ciggarettes in the blind constantly and it never bothers the deer. But in the prime time when the deer are coming out he chews and spits. never once has it bothered the deer. but that could also be becuz are bait pile is 150 yards away. But this year on monday i got a fork horn with a 12 inch spread about 50 yards from my blind while my dad was smokin a ciggarette.