PDA

View Full Version : yamahe BIG bear help...front end...

"BLAHH"300!!
02-12-2002, 10:09 AM
i got a yammy big bear and during a ride yesterday i noticed it felt like the front end was kinda "floatin" around side to side.looked at the wheels thought one was just flat...got back to the trucks and bamm....i can push the front wheels side to side..i push one and the other one moves too...what is going on...i've never had to work on this bear other than the carb....i don't know a thing about all this 4wd stuff..my 300 is like lego's ya know...simple to work on....but there's alot of weird stuff going on in between those front wheels on the bear....my question.....do you think it's the bearings that have gone out....it kinda looks like it's moving right in the center of the rim where the hubs go on...but like i said...i'm lost down there....what else could be making it do like this...does anyone know anything about the front ends on a bear..walk me through all this so i can get it worked out....thanx

sorry guys i thought i was already in the non-honda forum...sorry about postin this in the open forum....my badd....

400exJOE
02-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Most likely wheel hub bearings. But its kinda wierd how they both went at once. When you look at the front of the quad, are the wheels like this: /--\ ? Are they slanted out like the camber is way off? If so, its probably the bearings.

"BLAHH"300!!
02-12-2002, 07:19 PM
little odd to go out at once....but i jacked it up today took the wheels off and the brake drum thing......it's rusty in that ole' thing...i couldn't figure out how the hub it's self would come off...but i wassn't trying to fix it today either.....i'm hoppin' it's the bearings....
anyone know anything else it could be..?....