PDA

View Full Version : Avoid p4rperformance on Ebay

Uncle Caleetro
11-19-2003, 06:08 PM
I bought a Terrycable throttle from p4rperformance on Ebay on August 5th, 2003 and paid the $91.00 that same day using PayPal. I bought it because I thought I would need it for my new FCR carb, but then on August 20th I learned I can just drill and re-tap my stock throttle to work, meaning I no longer had a need for the throttle. I e-mailed p4rperformance on August 23rd asking for a refund and giving my reasons, and they said I could get a full refund since it hadn't been sent out yet. It is now November 19th and there is no sign of my money or even the throttle. I have called their number many times only getting a real person once who told me that they sent it out and that they would need to check with the post office about what is going on (but just days earlier they said they never sent it out) and after that I have only been connected to an answering machine, on which I have left many messages with none of my calls returned. They rarely return my e-mails, too, and only recently have I had a response since I threatened to post my situation on a few large ATV forums and let people know how bad they are. DO NOT DEAL WITH P4RPERFORMANCE!!!! They are liars and thiefs and definitely the worst Ebayer I have ever seen. They have had my $99.00 ($91.00 for the throttle plus $8.00 for shipping, but they never shipped it) since August 5th and it looks like they have no intention of returning it. I strongly urge you not to do business with them, and if possible please said them a quick message at m.performance@verizon.net telling them that you will not buy from them because they have cheated me, Jason Hayward. Hopefully if they get some e-mails they may reconsider refunding my money. I've also made it very easy for them to do by sending them a request for $99.00 through PayPal, along with many reminders so all they needed to do was click pay.

Sorry for the long post, but I do not want anyone else to get cheated, and I wanted to make sure you knew why I am so upset. I would really appreciate it if you could drop them just a quick note about how you think it is wrong what they are doing to me (if you think it is.) Thanks a lot, and remember DON'T BUY FROM p4rperformance ON EBAY!!!!

D11NR
11-19-2003, 06:40 PM
Sorry about your luck.
I've bought from them and everything was fine, maybe you should have done the research before bidding.
Just my .02

Uncle Caleetro
11-19-2003, 06:46 PM
I did research their feedback and I guess I shouldn't have trusted their responses to negative feedback left for them. Looks like it was all lies. They also had like a 99.2% feedback rating, so I figured if something went wrong they would atleast be willing to help. I would still urge people not to support someone who participates in these sort of business practices.

D11NR
11-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Caleetro
I bought it because I thought I would need it for my new FCR carb, but then on August 20th I learned I can just drill and re-tap my stock throttle to work, meaning I no longer had a need for the throttle.

This is the research I was taliking about

Uncle Caleetro
11-19-2003, 07:19 PM
I never found anything about that before I bought the throttle. The only solutions I found were buying a Honda throttle or a Terrycable throttle, and I opted for the shiny one.

LTandRaptorider
11-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately, it can be a crap shoot buying on ebay. I bought a lot of stuff, but had good luck with everything. I had one business I bought brake lines from that made me a little nervous, it took almost two months to get them. Like d11 said, make sure you research parts you need, and make sure what they have is absolutely what you want. Some sellers are pretty cool about not holding you to the bid if you discover you don't need something. But always consider that once you bid, if you win, you bought it. Sounds like this place is screwing you, hopefully you get things resolved. I think you should look in to filing a dispute with ebay, who also own paypal, I'm told.

Good luck! :)

Uncle Caleetro
11-19-2003, 07:58 PM
That's the thing, I figured they might hold me to my bid but they said they would refund my money. If they would have said that I couldn't get a refund I would have just taken it and resold it. They have always said they will refund my money ever since I asked originally, but I have never recieved the refund. I can't file a claim with PayPal because it is too late, and for some reason Ebay wont let me file a claim, I keep getting errors on the site so I can't contact them at all.

Martin Blair
11-19-2003, 08:15 PM
where do i get my stock cable re taped? im getting a fcr should i get a cble with it?

LTandRaptorider
11-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Caleetro
That's the thing, I figured they might hold me to my bid but they said they would refund my money. If they would have said that I couldn't get a refund I would have just taken it and resold it. They have always said they will refund my money ever since I asked originally, but I have never recieved the refund. I can't file a claim with PayPal because it is too late, and for some reason Ebay wont let me file a claim, I keep getting errors on the site so I can't contact them at all.

That sucks... There were a couple of times I was almost mad enough to book a round trip airline ticket to talk to someone up close... :devil:

Uncle Caleetro
11-19-2003, 08:38 PM
You can't re-tap the stock cable, you need a new cable, but I re-taped the throttle housing to work with my Suzuki throttle. The FCR cable will work with a 400EX throttle.

Yeah, I wish you didn't have to go through all that trouble to contact Ebay. They just need a customer support phone number, or a e-mail address you can write too. I really wish Ebay would give out adresses, lol. I could only get the phone number from them.